EPC Light Help

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
FoxL
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather Heated Seats, Folding Electric Mirrors, Sat Nav, 19' Lugano's, H&R's.

EPC Light Help

Post by FoxL »

Looking for a bit of advice and seeing if anyone's had anything similar.

So my EPC light came on Monday morning driving home from a night shift, had a loss in power but when I switched off the engine and turned it on again it went off. It happened again driving home Tuesday morning, turned it off then on again and it went off. Got my brother round to plug the diagnostic in and it was clear. Then it came on today when I started the car after popping into asda. Turned it off and on again and the light was still on but when I pulled away it went off.

Could it be a sensor? Or a loose connection?
Lauren
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: EPC Light Help

Post by Cuprabob »

EPC is the electronic pedal control so I would check connections to the throttle pedal and the throttle body first.
FoxL
Options: Leather Heated Seats, Folding Electric Mirrors, Sat Nav, 19' Lugano's, H&R's.

Post by FoxL »

Thanks! Do you know where the throttle body connections are in the engine bay?
Lauren
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

If you follow the air inlet pipe from the air filter towards the engine the throttle body should be between the MAF and the inlet manifold.
He10sjr
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box
Options: Piano black trims, 19" alloys, leather, xenons, dynaudio

Post by He10sjr »

Brake light switch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FoxL

Post by FoxL »

I took it to a friends garage last Tuesday and there was a code to do with the throttle body, he reset the wire memory location? So it knows where it is again, drove all the way to Glastonbury and back with no problems at all. Not the correct termonology I know but it's been a long week! Thanks for your siggestions!
Lauren