Brembo or Pagid Discs/Pads

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Brembo or Pagid Discs/Pads

Post by Tymondo »

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask a quick question to gather the thoughts of the experts prior to making any irrational decisions. The time has come for the front brake pads and discs to be replaced and i wanted to ask what people’s views where on Brembo v Pagid.

Price different is very little £150 (Brembo) v £120 (Pagid) and i have seen people use both and be happy with the results. I’ve always acted on the understanding that the better quality stuff tends to not only have better performance but have a greater longevity and therefore be more economical in the long run but given there is only £30 difference between the 2 i guess its purely performance here?

My car is a 2010 DSG 170 TDI so i believe i need the 312mm discs?

Happy for any info :nod:
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZIP
In: Rising Blue

Re: Brembo or Pagid Discs/Pads

Post by ZIP »

Hello Tymondo

What disks/pads did you go for in the end?
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Re: Brembo or Pagid Discs/Pads

Post by Tymondo »

Hi Zip, Sorry i dont come on the forums to much anymore.

I went for the Brembo's, they seem to be doing ok and i have no regrets chosing the Brembos. I hope this helps
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;