service schedule question

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
r.gbrown
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: DSG 160 tsi, folding mirrors, rear parking, tints, multi function wheel, front fogs, badge deletion, stainless steel sill covers, red footwell lights, powder coated wheels, stainless steel tail pipes, panoramic roof.

service schedule question

Post by r.gbrown »

My service book tells me my second service (long life) is due in July or at 32k miles. I have done only 21k to date but my onboard computer says service is due now. VW customer care tell me to go by the car readout ie do the service now but my dealer says I should wait till July as shown on the service book and just reset the service indicator. Who is correct?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: service schedule question

Post by Cuprabob »

I would get it done now and heve it changed to time and distance regime which is 10k miles / 12 months, whatever occurs first.

The longlife regime is variable up to a maximum of 19k miles / 24 months. Sensors, such as the oil quality.sensor, are used to determine when the car requires servicing along with the type of journeys.

Certainly, don't trust your dealer to.know what he's talking about:-)
r.gbrown
Options: DSG 160 tsi, folding mirrors, rear parking, tints, multi function wheel, front fogs, badge deletion, stainless steel sill covers, red footwell lights, powder coated wheels, stainless steel tail pipes, panoramic roof.

Post by r.gbrown »

Thanks. I had the service done today at Arnold Clark Linwood including a brake fluid change. 300 quid ..............ouch
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I know the very garage. I had a bad experience with AC in Crow Rd about 10 years back and will never buy or have my car serviced by any AC garage again.

I use Ingram in Ayr, which is actually local to me, and I cannot fault their service level either from the sales side and the servicing side.
r.gbrown

Post by r.gbrown »

I too had poor service and attitude from A Clark Crow Rd hence I thought I'd try Linwood. They were much better and much more friendly. I know Ingrams but a little too far to travel from Glasgow North
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

It's good to hear the Linwood branch are a better:-)