Flat battery problem

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
sand33p
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Flat battery problem

Post by sand33p »

Hi all,

Some advice needed please. The (original) battery in my Rocco ('09 build) doesn't seem to hold it charge and it's been dying on me on a regular basis now. I had it checked over at Halfords, and they've informed me that the battery drains very quickly.

Is there a recommended battery I should go with? And if I fit the battery myself, will I have any electrical issues with things like my RNS 510 system?

Thanks!
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Flat battery problem

Post by Cuprabob »

Bosch batteries (S3/S4/S5) have a good reputation, so I would pick up one of them either from your local Costco or Euro Car Parts. The only other brand I personally consider is Varta.

When you reconnect you may get a the ESP light on but it should go out after a short drive. If not you may need to turn the steering from lock to lock and then drive slowly in a straight.line to calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor.

If the RNS510 was fitted to the car from the factory you won't need a code as it's "paired" with car and only asks for a code if it's fitted in a different car.
sand33p
In: Candy White

Post by sand33p »

Thanks cuprabob! I got myself a 72Ah Bosch S4 from euro parts! Thanks for the help ;)
Syfer84
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leathers, parking sensors, sunroof, sat nav, mats

Post by Syfer84 »

sand33p,

I'm after a new battery too and just wanted to confirm the exact one you bought from Euro Car Parts, was it:

Bosch S4 Battery 100 72Ah 4 Year Guarantee Part - No: 444771007

Just wanted to confirm before placing the order that it will fit as this battery wasn't one that showed up when using the fast finder tool for compatible parts on the website.