iPhone 6

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
robb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

iPhone 6

Post by robb »

picking up my iPhone 6 tomorrow :D

can almost guarantee my car will have problems connecting to it :shrug:

heres hoping it doesn't , anyone else getting one ??
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: iPhone 6

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Well after finally getting some wifi whilst being in Cyprus heres my 1st post.

I was going to buy it to just simply sell on for a profit. As every year they sell out then sell on ebay for double the cost. But it seems there isnt that much of a major upgrade to warrant doing it. What apple have just released other companys was producing 2 years ago. They need to get with the times and have a major upgrade. So no I wont be ;)
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
robb

Post by robb »

hhaha i agree with you there, i dont get involved like the 'fanboys' do, apple vs android and all that nonsense. I've had iPhones since the 3G so I'm sticking to what I'm used to , plus I've got a macbook pro so its just easier to have an iPhone for me , and i was due an upgrade anyway so why not :D

looking forward to using the wireless hotspot mode though to use the laptop on the go, (this might be old tech i dont know , its new to me though haha )
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Fair enough. I had an iPhone 4 for 2 and half years and loved it. But at the time to upgrade to a 5 it wasnt worth it so I switched to Samsung s4. Great phone it really is. But part of me still loves the iphones just for their quality
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
robb

Post by robb »

thats why i can't be bothered changing to be honest, now all the contracts are 2 years long i just find it too much of a risk to get a different OS to find i hate it
Shaun1982
With a: DSG box

Post by Shaun1982 »

I was like what you just described robb, got fed up with paying more for an iPhone & I liked the look of the HTC one.
Factor in the guy at Vodafone I spoke to on the phone being an Arse gave me the extra push & if I'm honest I'm glad I did. I can do much more than the Mrs with her 5s.
I agree with devil too though I do still like iPhones especially now they are bigger but I'm not willing to pay an extra £7 a month for what I already get so I can have a 6

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
robb

Post by robb »

my phones on payed for out of the business account (I'm a plasterer by trade ) so the cost of the contract isn't a particular issue as we both have iPhones, I've got it anyway its pretty decent and it linked straight up to the car so smiles all round
Jase1
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
Options: Leather
Parking sensors
19" Black Lugano
Cruise

Post by Jase1 »

robb wrote:picking up my iPhone 6 tomorrow :D

can almost guarantee my car will have problems connecting to it :shrug:

heres hoping it doesn't , anyone else getting one ??
How did you get on connecting it up?

My 6 is coming today. I've got a 2011 car and it's a nightmare trying to find out which mdi cable you need :mad:
robb

Post by robb »

in the same way as a 5 mate, I've got the iPhone 4 mdi cable, with a lightening adapter on it ( just the small block type one, I've heard people had issues with the cable adapter) and voila ! all works as it should, had no issues with Bluetooth either so assuming you had an iPhone 5 or 5s beforehand you'll have no problem
Jase1
Parking sensors
19" Black Lugano
Cruise

Post by Jase1 »

robb wrote:in the same way as a 5 mate, I've got the iPhone 4 mdi cable, with a lightening adapter on it ( just the small block type one, I've heard people had issues with the cable adapter) and voila ! all works as it should, had no issues with Bluetooth either so assuming you had an iPhone 5 or 5s beforehand you'll have no problem
I'm going from a 4 to a 6, I've got an mdi cable for the 4. What's the lightening adaptor? I take it this is instead of getting a new cable?

Sorry if this is a bit of daft question.
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Lightning adaptor

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823 ... in-adapter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greyscale
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Urano Grey

Post by Greyscale »

Or buy an unofficial one off eBay for 3 quid 8)
Jase1
Parking sensors
19" Black Lugano
Cruise

Post by Jase1 »

Cuprabob wrote:Lightning adaptor

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823 ... in-adapter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greyscale wrote:Or buy an unofficial one off eBay for 3 quid 8)
Thanks very much.
robb

Post by robb »

dont buy an ebay one just put your hand in your pocket and pay the £25 , the cheap ones are crap, some one do charging, some only do data transfer, id just play it safe, buy the official one and you'll only have to buy it ONCE :yes:
Jase1
Parking sensors
19" Black Lugano
Cruise

Post by Jase1 »

robb wrote:dont buy an ebay one just put your hand in your pocket and pay the £25 , the cheap ones are crap, some one do charging, some only do data transfer, id just play it safe, buy the official one and you'll only have to buy it ONCE :yes:
Cheers Robb
robb

Post by robb »

Jase1 wrote:
robb wrote:dont buy an ebay one just put your hand in your pocket and pay the £25 , the cheap ones are crap, some one do charging, some only do data transfer, id just play it safe, buy the official one and you'll only have to buy it ONCE :yes:
Cheers Robb

no bother mate let us know how you get on :yes:
Mwh673
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather seats
Cruise control
Parking sensors
Electric folding mirrors

Post by Mwh673 »

Hey,
Just got an iPhone 5c so want to upgrade my Iphone 4 MDI lead to work with the new phone. How did you get on using the little block adaptor from apple?
Mwh673
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather seats
Cruise control
Parking sensors
Electric folding mirrors

Post by Mwh673 »

Decided to go ahead and buy the apple adaptor..... Does not work! My phone links up to the car shows all of the songs etc but will not play through the interface. You can force it to play using the phone itself but even then the music quality is awful!
Looks like I'm going to have to get the VW MDI lead
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

If you experience any sound quality issues, make sure you try the different input sensitivity levels within the headunit as in the majority of cases this resolves the issue.