Loose coolant pipe

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Syfer84
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Leathers, parking sensors, sunroof, sat nav, mats

Loose coolant pipe

Post by Syfer84 »

Hi all,

I just picked up my used Scirocco a couple of weeks ago and whilst poking around the engine bay earlier today I noticed there appears to be a bolt missing from the plastic that holds the coolant pipe in place. At worst I'm hoping this will just cause a bit of rattling and wouldn't cost too much to get sorted. The nearest VW garage is a bit of a mission to get to and I can't find much in terms of Scirocco manuals online, can anyone provide any advice or guidance on what part this is and where I can get it from?

Thanks,
S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gaz r
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Vienna leather
Rear parking sensors

Re: Loose coolant pipe

Post by Gaz r »

Just had a look at mine and its a torx screw which holds the bracket in place. As the lower pipes are rigid it could be ok for the short term. If vw is too far away maybe ring them and describe what's missing it shouldn't be too hard as the bracket sits directly in front of the oil filter and ask them to post out to you.
It looks like a new filter so I imagine they removed the screw when fitting the filter and either forgot to put it back or lost it.
You could possibly get the size from vw and buy a replacement elsewhere or try a local garage, they normally have all sorts of random screws and bolts knocking around.