R-line Interior - Not What I Thought!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Baxt
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control

R-line Interior - Not What I Thought!!

Post by Baxt »

Hi all,

I am due to pick up my new R-line on Sept 1st.......can't wait!!

However I popped into the dealership and had a quick look at it today and the interior is different to what I expected. The stereo surround is a grey/silver colour like my current 1.4?? I was shown the interior on the iPad app at the dealership and this shows as it being all black. There was no r-line at the dealers so this was the only visual representation I was given before I ordered, I now feel cheated as this is not what I have got!!

I spoke to VW customer services and they said I have to speak to the dealer and the app is nothing to do with them! Any advice before I do this? Do I have a leg to stand on or will they just say tough luck?

Cheers
Paul
metaljay
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Stage 2+ Revo ;)

Re: R-line Interior - Not What I Thought!!

Post by metaljay »

Lol not sure what to say? I don't think u have tbh?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

The app would probably have a disclaimer. You get the black inserts with the R or if you have black Luganos.

It's an easy retrofit so negotiate with your dealer:-)
Bush27
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black

Post by Bush27 »

Yea the piano black inserts are available through parts so as you just bought the new car with them point out the fact the app showed black and request they fit the piano black inserts
Baxt

Post by Baxt »

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I spoke to the dealer and they informed me that while they agreed it was misleading, there was not anything they could do as these are a factory fittted option only!! Now I know from you good folk that this is isn't true. I left him hanging (without volunteering that I know this info) and he asked what they could do to smooth this over. I am now going in tomorrow to speak to the Business Manager and see what he says. I ordered cruise control after intially placing my order (and am paying for it when I collect the car, outside of my finance agreement) so going to see if they will knock this off. Not sure how cheeky I should be!!??
Last edited by Baxt on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bush27
In: Deep Black

Post by Bush27 »

More chance asking to supply you with the piano black dash inserts pal, call up another dealer and get the part numbers if they arnt in the roccopedia part numbers section
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Exactly - just ask for the parts for free and fit them yourself. Dealers are very reluctant to 'mod' new cars....
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

I dunno... cruise control cost waivered, doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. What is it - £150 option? Nothing that.
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

More like £240.00 I think....
Baxt

Post by Baxt »

The cruise control was £240. The dealer has agreed to change the parts (black stereo surrond, strip above glove box and the door handles) so fair play to them. They reckon they need to order them in so won't be on when I collect the car on Sunday but I'm happy to get it done in a few weeks.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Baxt wrote:The cruise control was £240. The dealer has agreed to change the parts (black stereo surrond, strip above glove box and the door handles) so fair play to them. They reckon they need to order them in so won't be on when I collect the car on Sunday but I'm happy to get it done in a few weeks.
The air vent surrounds are also black, instead of the standard silver.
roccopanda

Post by roccopanda »

Can you do some before and after pics? Would be curious to see how different it looks :)