Newbie Owner - Questions

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
smbmetal

Newbie Owner - Questions

Post by smbmetal »

Hi,

Have just got a second-hand Roc, 170 BHP with 18k on the clock (11 Reg). Loving it so far!

1. Can the running lights be switched off (especially at the rear). The manual says there is some type of procedure, but was wondering if anyone had tried it?

2. Can VW Parking Sensors be installed?

3. I've noticed my iPod stays switched on once the engine is switched off. It is plugged into the "media in" via the VW cable. Does it therefore have to be unplugged every time?

Sorry if these questions are a bit stupid!
Griffspeed
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control
Winter pack
Folding mirrors

Re: Newbie Owner - Questions

Post by Griffspeed »

smbmetal wrote:Hi,

Have just got a second-hand Roc, 170 BHP with 18k on the clock (11 Reg). Loving it so far!

1. Can the running lights be switched off (especially at the rear). The manual says there is some type of procedure, but was wondering if anyone had tried it?

2. Can VW Parking Sensors be installed?

3. I've noticed my iPod stays switched on once the engine is switched off. It is plugged into the "media in" via the VW cable. Does it therefore have to be unplugged every time?

Sorry if these questions are a bit stupid!
Q1: I personally can't answer Q1 but there's lots of threads about it on here.
Q2: Yes - but so can aftermarket ones which are cheaper and look better than the VW ones.
Q3: No need to keep unplugging ipod unless you leave the car unused for a few days. Rarely take mine out of the car & it's been fine apart from one time when car was stood for 4 days. While plugged into media in, it's on charge as long as ignition is on.
Enjoy the car!
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

smbmetal wrote:Hi,

The answer to this one depends on build date. The early ones could be turned off but yours needs VAGCOM programming to sort - lots of threads on this. With 2011 models the rears are not on with running lights unless the light sensor triggers headlights or auto windscreen wipers are activated by rain.

Enjoy the car!
smbmetal

Post by smbmetal »

Thanks for the replies.

Think I will leave the DRLs as is, not sure why the rear lights need to be on though when it's not dark and the light switch is set on auto.

I think I will speak with my local independent garage re parking sensors.