Deep Rattle noise from Engine??

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
j3griff
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Deep Rattle noise from Engine??

Post by j3griff »

Hello all,

I have noticed that between 1000 and about 1800 rpm in 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gear i have a rattle noise that appears to come from the engine.
This noise doesnt appear first thing in the morning but as soon as i start the car up for the second time in the day the bloody noise appears again.

Ive only had the flywheel replaced couple of weeks ago so it surely cant be that can it?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Jas
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Re: Deep Rattle noise from Engine??

Post by salsajoe »

Could be anything without hearing the noise but my first thoughts are incorrect tightening of components after the repair which could appear after getting hot and expanding from initial run. I would take it back for a check.
pastak.6@gmail.com
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue

Post by pastak.6@gmail.com »

I had same problem, try remove that "stick" which holds capote... sorry for english
ricchester
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Sat Nav, Parking Sensors

Post by ricchester »

Is it on clutch engagement or in neutral? Had a problem with my GT 140 Bluemotion which was cured:

Scirocco Diesel Bluemotion 140 GT Dash Rattle Cure

Currently driving a 2012 Bluemotion GT and a few months ago it developed a dash rattle at low revs when moving off in 1st gear or under slight load in anything up to 3rd. The sound emanated from the glovebox area.

Took it to Inchcape in Altrincham and they diagnosed it as a clutch pipe rattle which was duly sorted under warranty and since then no rattle

Just thought I'd post in case there's anyone experiencing a similar symptom as it might help diagnose a fault quicker.

Cheers,

Rich
j3griff
In: Deep Black

Post by j3griff »

yeah thanks ricchester. Its going into Leicester Volkswagen on Wednesday - but it does appear to be coming from glovebox area
Fifer
In: Opal Silver
Options: Reversing sensors, cruise control

Post by Fifer »

j3griff wrote: but it does appear to be coming from glovebox area
Apologies for suggesting the bleeding obvious, but there's nothing rattling about in your glovebox, is there?