Best tyres and price for 19" Lugano's

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jas23

Best tyres and price for 19" Lugano's

Post by Jas23 »

Hi all,

I collect my Rocco next week and will be looking to change the front tyres in the very near future.

Any suggestions on the favoured tyre to consider? Obviously price would also be a consideration.

Your views and opinions would be much appreciated.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Best tyres and price for 19

Post by Cuprabob »

Mine came from the factory with P Zeros and they've actually been rather good. So my recommendation would be either these or Goodyear F1s, based on previous experience.

I find Camskill offer a good range and price, although you do need to sort out the fitting yourself.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s24p0/Ca ... 35_35_R_19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jas23

Re: Best tyres and price for 19" Lugano's

Post by Jas23 »

Thanks for that. I've got P Zeros on the back so will prob go for them. I know a good garage that will fit tyres at £10 each so I'll factor that into the price when I look on Camskill. Thanks again.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

These are the OEM ones. They have a K1 suffix.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s24p1013 ... se%3A_72dB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lukesmith90
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Folding Wing Mirrors
RNS 510
Real Hands Free Bluetooth
Parking sensors
Dynaudio Package
19" Lugano
35mm H&R
Bluefin Stage 1

Post by lukesmith90 »

Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 by far the best. i had dunlop sp sport max before and had to get rid of them because with them on, my scirocco might as well not have a first and second gear in the wet!
Jas23

Post by Jas23 »

Going for the Pirelli P Zero K1 as they are what was stock on the car from new!! Thanks for all the advice.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Jas23 wrote:Going for the Pirelli P Zero K1 as they are what was stock on the car from new!! Thanks for all the advice.
Good choice, although I notice the price at Camskill has creeped up slightly. I bought a couple last August and they were £152 each. I bought them because I had never seen them so cheap and yet to fit them to my car. Should be going on soon though.
Jas23

Post by Jas23 »

Paid £170 each fitted at my local garage so well pleased. When I purchased the car the VW dealership had put on two brand new budget Chinese tyres!!! Blithering cheap skate idiots. They would have been lethal in the wet!!!
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Jas23 wrote:Paid £170 each fitted at my local garage so well pleased. When I purchased the car the VW dealership had put on two brand new budget Chinese tyres!!! Blithering cheap skate idiots. They would have been lethal in the wet!!!
That's a great fitted price :)

That's pretty sad that a VW dealership did that. They make a big thing about OEM quality parts, you would expect them to have a similar mindset with tyres. You'll notice a big difference with the P Zeros.
ChrisL
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Bi-Xenons, Badge deletion, Parking sensors, Mobile phone prep, 19" Lugano, RNS510, Pan Sunroof, Cruise control, Elec mirros, Vienna Black Leather, electric seat controls, Sound Package. August 2013

Post by ChrisL »

I've remained with the PZero as originally fitted from new as they stick to the road like glue. They also are costing me @ £ 200 fitted with the VAT which might be OK given normal wear and tear but I've suffered about five side-wall punctures from I suspect potholes. I'm guessing this is not likely to be related to the tyre manufacturer, rather the low profile, but its a painful hit to the running costs of a Rocco.
ChrisL
Options: Bi-Xenons, Badge deletion, Parking sensors, Mobile phone prep, 19" Lugano, RNS510, Pan Sunroof, Cruise control, Elec mirros, Vienna Black Leather, electric seat controls, Sound Package. August 2013

Post by ChrisL »

One 600 mile journey, two potholes and two more PZs with sidewall damage have to be scrapped. Mid journey so couldn't shop around, bill £ 500- at VW dealer. I made the point that a Rocco with 19" and PZs may no longer be fit for purpose for UK roads which they dodged the answer to but I believe is a point. These low profile tyres with ACC on sports setting are great for cornering on smooth tarmac, but don’t seem built to survive potholes. The particular potholes for my current situation have been measured and photographed so will have a pop at a claim with relevant local councils although it will be a long slog by all accounts. My insurance is not covering it even though one of those scrapped tyres is only two weeks old. Plan B is to consider 18” wheels and a stronger tyre with higher sidewalls but less performance orientated. Kind of defeats the point of having a Rocco ?
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Avon ZZ5's.
polo classic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: H&R Ultra-lows and BBS RS-GT 9,5 20

Post by polo classic »

you are supposed to drive around the potholes, not into them ;)

I have driven my Scirocco around 70000 km on worse roads than UK roads and not had a problem. This is with 235/35-19 and 235/30-20
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

Another PZero with side wall damage. another + £200- bill. What's real annoying this time is the tyre pressure indicator did not show on the dashboard and I so I ended up driving off before I found out.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Because the TPMS uses the wheel speed sensors to detect a drop in pressure the wheel needs to do some revolutions before it can be triggered.

Check out Camskill, 235/35x19 P Zeros are quite a bit cheaper than £200, even after you take delivery and fitting into account.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s24p1013 ... se%3A_72dB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vador
In: Candy White
Options: 19" Luganos
Cruise Control
Winter Pack (Heated Seat Heaven)
Philips Bulb Upgrades
RLine Steering Wheel Badge
RLine Metal Pedals
VAG Scirocco boot liner
Avon ZZ5 Tyres
DRL Deactivated via VCDS

Post by Vador »

Ryy wrote:Avon ZZ5's.
+1

Running mine on these and can't fault them, quiet, have rim protectors, loads of grip & look great.

Paid £134 fitted.
etotheip
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

Just put 2 new Bridgestone Potenzas on mine at £158 each (inc. fitting)
Still going strong =)