What's a good way to value my Rocco ?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
ChrisL
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Bi-Xenons, Badge deletion, Parking sensors, Mobile phone prep, 19" Lugano, RNS510, Pan Sunroof, Cruise control, Elec mirros, Vienna Black Leather, electric seat controls, Sound Package. August 2013

What's a good way to value my Rocco ?

Post by ChrisL »

Going in soon for a part-ex on my Rocco for a new one. Any thoughts on favourite ways to cross-reference their part-ex offer ?
Shorum
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio

Re: What's a good way to value my Rocco ?

Post by Shorum »

Auto trader now do a recommended price for free on their website. Otherwise it's a case of going to as many dealers as possible and playing then off one another. Swansea and Cardiff were £1k different and are both part of the same group when I was looking at p/x.
davemac5
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
Options: wheels. fogs and mats

Post by davemac5 »

Webuyanycar.com is a good reference point. They have given a better price than main dealers for a couple of people I know recently.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Remember in the part exchange scenario it's not the value of your car that's important but the cost to change which really matters.

Wisebuyers guide is a good reference point but in harsh reality nothing has inherent value, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
BenBAC
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by BenBAC »

Cuprabob wrote:Remember in the part exchange scenario it's not the value of your car that's important but the cost to change which really matters.

Wisebuyers guide is a good reference point but in harsh reality nothing has inherent value, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Wise words indeed, the price to change is the all important figure, different figures will be given depending on the price of car your looking to buy. What car and Parkers have always been a useful guide as well as looking around auto trader on a regular basis to see what's selling and for what price, as Cuprabob said, it's only worth what someone will pay you.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

davemac5 wrote:Webuyanycar.com is a good reference point. They have given a better price than main dealers for a couple of people I know recently.
I got a quote for my old car and they offered me over £1000 less than it was worth. So I wouldn't use them..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
ChrisL
In: Viper Green
Options: Bi-Xenons, Badge deletion, Parking sensors, Mobile phone prep, 19" Lugano, RNS510, Pan Sunroof, Cruise control, Elec mirros, Vienna Black Leather, electric seat controls, Sound Package. August 2013

Post by ChrisL »

The Auto Trader one is nice as it asks all the questions about the factory fitted options. Also give range between private and dealer prices. Cost £ 4- for the valuation which they don't tell you until the end of the questions but I coughed it as this feels fairly authoritative. Already given three dealers a chance to quote, only one come back with an offer so far.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:
davemac5 wrote:Webuyanycar.com is a good reference point. They have given a better price than main dealers for a couple of people I know recently.
I got a quote for my old car and they offered me over £1000 less than it was worth. So I wouldn't use them..
It depends on the car but WBAC will offer rock bottom price as in most cases the cars are auctioned off and know they are normally the last resort for people desperate to sell their car, and take full advantage.

WBAC are like any other business and want to source stock at minimum cost.

As I said previously, a car has no inherent value or worth, excluding scrap value, it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, irrespective of what the current owner thinks it's worth.
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

WBAC also do all they can to knock down the price they have given you online once they see it. If you have a few bonnet stone chips on a 3 year old car - theres a few hundred quid gone, even though this would be considered reasonable wear for the age, scuffed wheel? Theres another £100 gone, even though it would only cost £50/60 to refinish it etc.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

YOu could try the What Car app which will give you a valuation for your model, trim and mileage. It gives you a Dealer price, a Private price, a Part exchange price and a Trade price. All dependant I presume on the car being in top condition.
Essenwood
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof,DSG,Bi-Xenons,Front Fogs, HID DRL's,Black Vienna Leather, Electric Driver's Seat,Multi Function Steering Wheel,Cruise Control,Blue Tooth,RCD 510,Winter Pack,Heated Seats,
Park Sensors,Carpet Overlays,Aluminium Pedal Covers,Scirroco Sills,Boot Mat,Stage 1 APR.

Post by Essenwood »

Establishing your car's resale value depends on a wide range of criteria, such as mileage per year,overall condition and the service history. To establish a monetary value I use this simple formula.
1)Take the original purchase price(less all the expensive options) and in year one take the value of the VAT plus a
further 15% off. That should give you an accurate value of the now second hand car at 12-18 months.
2)For each additional year deduct a further 12,5% in depreciation.
3)You can make minor adjustments up or down for exceptional items and or condition.
Realize that your car will always be the fastest depreciating asset you will ever own, accept that fact, and you will still be able to enjoy the ownership experience.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Essenwood wrote:Establishing your car's resale value depends on a wide range of criteria, such as mileage per year,overall condition and the service history. To establish a monetary value I use this simple formula.
1)Take the original purchase price(less all the expensive options) and in year one take the value of the VAT plus a
further 15% off. That should give you an accurate value of the now second hand car at 12-18 months.
2)For each additional year deduct a further 12,5% in depreciation.
3)You can make minor adjustments up or down for exceptional items and or condition.
Realize that your car will always be the fastest depreciating asset you will ever own, accept that fact, and you will still be able to enjoy the ownership experience.
Can't see that working as the residual value of cars after 3 years can vary from 60+% to as low as 30+% depending upon the make and model. Also sometimes you can reduce your monthly payments on lease schemes by adding certain expensive extras like leather seats which reduce your payments because the re-sale value after 3 years is enhanced by the addition of leather.
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

I look in Parkers/Glass', then I have a look down the dealership. On a car less than 3 years old, a dealer is looking to make 20% on it - see what they have in their forecourt. If an equivalent Roc is selling for £18k on the used lot, you'll get £15k tops unless the dealer gives you an artificially inflated part-ex price in lieu of obvious discount on the list price of your new one. You will usually find that a VW dealer will give you a little more in part ex allowance than the Parkers/Glass' guide would indicate. This is because a VW dealer can sell a VW for more than a different dealer can, generally - and they want your return business.

Generally I wouldn't expect a huge return on your extras. I was contemplating Leather for my current Roc - £1740 price and my friendly dealer advised me that it would only enhance the resale value by about £300, so not even 20% retained on that particular extra - it would put your monthly payments up if an option bought doesn't hold it's value as well as the car does. It doesn't get much better for other extras either. Always better buying the highest trim spec that you can and minimising the extras. When you buy extras, do it because you want/need them rather than expecting them to hold a decent proportion of their cost at trade in time.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
alanr
In: Indium Grey
Options: GT 2.0 TDI 184 tdi r line. Black addition

Post by alanr »

ChrisL wrote:The Auto Trader one is nice as it asks all the questions about the factory fitted options. Also give range between private and dealer prices. Cost £ 4- for the valuation which they don't tell you until the end of the questions but I coughed it as this feels fairly authoritative. Already given three dealers a chance to quote, only one come back with an offer so far.
My next door neighbor works for inscape dealership (after sales manager Volkswagen) and got £900 more of WBAC for a bmw 1 series than he could get through the dealership!
The guy was sick when he told him what he was offered after the deal was done
But I am sure that won’t always be the case