Having a problem with my DRL's

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
StevooTDI
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: APR Stage 1
Airlift Performance V2 + Boot Build
Forge Twintake
Forge BOV
Centre Silencer Delete

Having a problem with my DRL's

Post by StevooTDI »

Alright guy's,
Was just wondering if any of you could hel me out with a problem I have come across whilst working on the car the ther day... Ive recently fitted HiD kit looks smart however my DRL's still shone yellow and looked a little dull, therfore I went and purchased a set of LED bulbs. Now having fitted them they no longer stay on with the lights if that makes sense, I want them on all the time, as well as the fact I now have a warning on my dash stating Front left parking light failure...

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
North East Scirocco Owners - Instagram: STEVOO_VW_R
Rocco85

Re: Having a problem with my DRL's

Post by Rocco85 »

Is be interested to hear about this as one if the first things I would wanna do is get some LED. DLR lights to get rid of the yellow.

By the way which LED bulbs did you get and what they like to fit?

Even tho you say the dash states there is an issue do the led DLR lights stay on, just not when your headlights are on?
Mark V

Re: Having a problem with my DRL's

Post by Mark V »

There is a lot of confusion in my mind as to what yoru really asking on this thread in terms of DLR's/side lights etc. Presume your talking about halogen cars rather than Xenon equipped cars? - halogen cars don't have dedicated DRL's as such - they just have headlights (dipped and main beam) and sidelights like any other cars - the only difference being the cars are set up to disable the headlight off switch in order for the dipped beam in th emain light units to act like pseudo DRL's....

If your having MFD light bulb warning problems your not using CANBUS friendly bulbs...