Cheap tyres online

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Gary_Monkey
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Cheap tyres online

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Just ordered 2 new Avon ZZ5 235/40R18 95Y XL tyres from http://www.tyretraders.com

Got a great price £104 each inc. vat. You can also get a discount at the moment via their Facebook page.

Just thought I'd share.

Gaz
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
mr joe
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: H&R 35mm Springs, Evoms Intake

Re: Cheap tyres online

Post by mr joe »

Reviews on these look good, put up another post once you have them fitted, i'm in the market for some new tyres and these come in a bit cheaper then my current Goodyears
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Good luck in finding a tyre fitter capable of carrying out the fit without damaging your alloys :rolleyes:
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Come around my area. Guy fits all mine for a tenner. My family has used him all our life. Solid bloke. He had the decency to leave Tyre Sales before Kwik Fit took over after he learnt of it!
Gary_Monkey
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Avon ZZ5 tyres all fitted and scrubbed up nicely. I've done a few hundred miles now and I can report that they're definitely quieter than my last set (Dunlop Sport fitted from factory). There is more grip too but that wasn't hard as my last front two were becoming alarming bad even with 3mm left on the tread (hence why I was so eager to change).

Found a local fitter who cost only £8 per wheel all in (inc. valve, disposal and balance). And from examining the alloys I can't see any damage (so I'm very relieved).

I took RW1's advice and lowered my PSI slightly for a better ride. Was running at 33psi and I've now lowered that to 30psi. Will keep an eye on wear to make sure the outer edges don't start to erode prematurely.

So to summarise... I'm glad I went for the Avon ZZ5 tyres. They offer great value, are quiet and seem grippy even in damp/wet conditions (but then any tyre might after coming from what felt like slicks).

If you're worried about Avons being a cheapo brand - then don't. I'm very happy with them.

Gaz
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

There's a couple of posts from myself about ZZ5's ,it's the only tyre I use. (Was ZZ3's).

Awesome in the rain and really quiet. Got mine fitted on the weekend and it's nice to have new shoes on the beast again.

Camskill is the place to buy from, unless someone has some "SIKK PLAZE WEAR 2 GET DA TYAZ FROM". But for us normals...
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

Love tyres and oponeo are very good too for good prices - sometimes better than camskill
playing in my '86
mrsail

Post by mrsail »

need some tyres to get me through winter before I hand car back in April on lease...
anyone ever seen this make?

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sell some cheap tyres with pretty good reviews £64 each
WESTLAKE SV308 XL 95W XL
235/40WR18
mrsail

Post by mrsail »

As Im leasing through VW...
Ive just rang them and they have told me tyres need to be changed on a like for like.... ie if I dont give them back on "premium" branded tyres I could be charged...

I asked is it often that you charge for tyres that are non premium, and he said he couldnt answer but it is my risk...

so cheapest "premium" is probably a Dunlop or similar... £150 each!

Annoying I have only 3 mths left!...
Anybody given a car back on non premium tyres?
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

Deacon wrote:Love tyres and oponeo are very good too for good prices - sometimes better than camskill
Forgot about Love tyres actually. Recommended too.
Starshaped

Post by Starshaped »

if they have to be like for like wont they need to be 95Y rated