Waving at people.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
BunnyJen
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Waving at people.

Post by BunnyJen »

Last night I saw 6 Roccos in my short 30 minute commute. I flashed every one of them with excitement and not one flashed me back. I was sadfacing all the way home. The car in front of me probably thought my lights were broken. Then out of nowhere a Candy R appeared so I flashed him and he waved back at me like a crazy person! :D It totally made my night. :D
scott.taylor
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Re: Waving at people.

Post by scott.taylor »

I only ever see another Rocco once a week or something.

And it's always people over 40 that's driving them.
I'm 21 and have had my Rocco for a year. I think it's only old people that own them in Scotland lol.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

scott.taylor wrote: I think it's only old people that own them in Scotland lol.
That's true but don't worry you'll be 40 soon enough :-)
RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

scott.taylor wrote:I only ever see another Rocco once a week or something.

I'm 21 and have had my Rocco for a year. I think it's only old people that own them in Scotland lol.
Is 30 considered old to a 21 year old these days? :shrug:
lloydie63
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by lloydie63 »

I used to have a clapped out 4x4 and I was a member of a forum for that vehicle. Some members decided that It would be a good idea to start to wave to drivers of the same make of 4x4 and were asked to write in as to the reaction they got back from other drivers, a few wrote in saying they got the odd wave or a flash of the headlamps, then someone wrote in saying he waved to an oncoming 4x4 and stated that a hand was raised in return except the driver seemed to be missing his thumb, ring finger and pinkie! Another upped that by saying driver he waved to was not only missing those digits but also his index finger. The acknowledging of other 4x4 was abandoned when a guy said he was driving through a housing estate which had large speed bumps (so was driving slowly) when a 4x4 was coming the other way so he put up his hand to wave at what turned out to be a woman driver as he got a bit closer he said the woman's gorilla like partner mouthed the words "who the f... is that". :)
Fifer
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Opal Silver
Options: Reversing sensors, cruise control

Post by Fifer »

scott.taylor wrote:I only ever see another Rocco once a week or something.

I'm over 50 (and in Scotland) and I don't consider myself old. Bairn's today, they don't know the half of it ...
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I pass loads of rocs during the week on my way to work. I wave but I just get looked at funny. Round my area seems like its mainly women driving rocs and people who look in the 50s. Not one wave or flash back yet :(
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I would guess that the majority of Roc drivers are over 40 (like myself), but yes - I feel far from old. But onto the subject, I have long given up waving as I rarely get a response, most of them just seem to blank me :(
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

It's not really a thing to do in the Rocco world..

More suited to the Scooby boys and 2 wheeled riders :yes:
BenBAC
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by BenBAC »

Jen, do you have a candy scirocco and where did this occur.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

I do yeah with the sunroof. It was on the Alderly Edge bypass in Cheshire :)
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

LOL @ lloydie63. Yep it only takes one to spoil it all.

I used to to try waving or flashing but to be fair I'm usually either driving down fast roads at speed - in which case the approaching Roc has come and gone to quickly. Or in congested town traffic where the approaching Roc is hidden behind the car in front until the last second.

I did pass 2 Rocs in quick sucession a few months ago and managed to flash at the second one. But then realised that I was actually driving my wife's car :rolleyes: Which is probably why they didn't flash back. Maybe that's a sign of being over 50.
Drive_with_Style wrote:I pass loads of rocs during the week on my way to work. I wave but I just get looked at funny. Round my area seems like its mainly women driving rocs and people who look in the 50s.
Can you tell me where this is as I fancy going for a drive round there :jump:
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I drive through Banbury to get to work. It's in Oxfordshire for anyone who don't know where Banbury is :)
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
JakeH

Post by JakeH »

Well if anyone on here ever sees me around North Wales give me a wave or a thumbs up, I'll definitely give you a wave back. Sadly though, I've had a ROC since March 2009 and not one single roc driver has ever acknowledged me. That's why I gave up trying a while back. :(
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Ha ha it's a small world :) , I am the "crazy waver" couldn't react quick enough to flash the lights. I guess I wasn't expecting it, but if it happens I always try and acknowledge fellow owners.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

BenBAC wrote:Ha ha it's a small world :) , I am the "crazy waver" couldn't react quick enough to flash the lights. I guess I wasn't expecting it, but if it happens I always try and acknowledge fellow owners.
Do we have a budding forum romance starting here ? :nod:
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Hahaha omg that's so awesome :D !!!!! I was so happy I went home and told my mum and dad straight away like an excitable child! I drive along there most days for my commute so keep an eye out :)
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Very funny indeed, good bit of road when you haven't got wagons getting in the way. Will keep a look out :-) and apply a little more composure with my acknowledgments next time ha ha
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Hee hee :D yea the dual carriage way that comes after it is even better! I've seen a candy R driving from my office window in the past I bet that was you too.
Last edited by BunnyJen on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Yep it certainly is when the traffic isn't to bad. I don't see any other R's at all so it probably is.