Window with a mind of its own

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ebony ivy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB radio, chrome pedal caps, K & N Panel filter, tdi-tuning box, red lower grille strip, LED side lights, HID headlight bulbs, piano black 'R' steering wheel badge

Window with a mind of its own

Post by Ebony ivy »

Hi Guys

Anyone else out there come to their car in the morning to find the drivers window or even both windows half way down? It's happened to me a few times now, mainly and irritatingly when it's been raining, been to the dealer to ask them to check it out and the only reason they can come up with is that I could be pressing the unlock button while the key is in my pocket which is causing the windows to drop, really can't see this happening.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if so any ideas on how to stop it happening.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Window with a mind of its own

Post by trix »

Try having a read of http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 018&hilit=+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

Have a search. This has come up quite a few times seems like a fairly common fault. Think it's got something to do with the ignition switch if I remember right.
playing in my '86
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

trix wrote:Try having a read of http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 018&hilit=+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beat me to it!
playing in my '86
Ebony ivy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB radio, chrome pedal caps, K & N Panel filter, tdi-tuning box, red lower grille strip, LED side lights, HID headlight bulbs, piano black 'R' steering wheel badge

Post by Ebony ivy »

Cheers guys, I will check the previous topic