Sunroof- Yay or Nay?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
N7 Andy

Sunroof- Yay or Nay?

Post by N7 Andy »

Hi all, new poster here.

Am currently considering buying a second hand 210ps GT 'Roc (60 plate), the clincher is that it has the panoramic sunroof- I've heard reports it ramps up cabin noise, so any feedback on the subject would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
john_w
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: rns510,pan roof,heated leather,side lights as drl,led side lights,led number plate,mtec white bulbs,full led interior,black vw badges,covered cup holder, smoking pack,osir boost gauge pod with autogauge,slimline sub built in with spare wheel,infinity kappa speakers and tweeters,carbon wing mirrors.

Re: Sunroof- Yay or Nay?

Post by john_w »

i have the pan roof on mine and id say its the quietest car ive owned. I only have a corsa and a clio to compare it to but neither of them had sun roofs and the roc is noticeably quieter! And it looks cool imo! john
Paralla
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

I have one and haven’t noticed it being noisy. Mine is the only Scirocco I have ever been in so also have nothing to compare it to. My last car (BMW 330 Ci) also had a normal sized sunroof.

I'd say even if they do increase cabin noise levels slightly it's a worthwhile trade-off for the feeling of airiness and light they provide. The only complaint I have about the Pano roof is how little it opens. It only tilts up at the rear a few inches and the sides are not open even then.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I have one and mirror the comments above
N7 Andy

Post by N7 Andy »

Thanks for the feedback guys- looks like I needn't have been concerned. Will go ahead and look into it.
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Nope, no issues here.

What body colour are you going for?
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Mac135
In: Indium Grey
Options: Pana roof, sat nav and dynaudio

Post by Mac135 »

Go ahead in my view. Not noisy. Previous car a BMW 135 and at least the equal of that with the added benefit of size.
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
whiterock
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Sunroof, folding mirrors, parking sensors, fog lights

Post by whiterock »

My test drive was in a sunroof-less dark grey rooflining car. I was quite concerned that the back of the car especially was quite dark, so ordered sunroof.

It's certainly not noisy when it's closed and, even when open, the wind noise is quite tolerable up to 60-70mph. The inside of the car is very light and, imho, the dark sunroof looks very good on the white car.