Any problems after battery disconnect..?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
kenny.c
With a: Manual box
Options: MK7 GOLF GTI-PP

Any problems after battery disconnect..?

Post by kenny.c »

HI there

I need to disconnect my battery during cruise control retro-fit......has anyone had problems after doing this...? For example window programming or stereo issues..?

Thanx
Ken
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Any problems after battery disconnect..?

Post by RW1 »

Notes on battery re-connect:

When you connect up, you may find the functions such as windows need to be reset (fully open and then close and then request close again for 3 seconds) and dash clock set-up. Thats expected but check other functions as well.

There may also be a ESP light on perminantly on the dash on reconnection of the battery. Start the Scirocco and drive in a straight line at 15 - 20 kph until it extinguishes. You don't have to set off that way but it must sample a short straight stretch of driving at 15 - 20 kph speed to set up the Steering Angle Sender -G85- for the Steering Controller. The ESP light will extinguish automatically when the Steering Angle Sender is set-up.

Simples.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
kenny.c

Post by kenny.c »

Thanx
Boddicker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Post by Boddicker »

When I had my battery disconnected, the radio went into safe mode. Now, since VW doesn't provide you the 4 digit code, I had to take the car to the local dealer in order to resurrect my radio. :)
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Boddicker wrote:When I had my battery disconnected, the radio went into safe mode. Now, since VW doesn't provide you the 4 digit code, I had to take the car to the local dealer in order to resurrect my radio. :)
Thought it didn't need the code anymore as long as it wasn't removed and fitted into a different car as it was stored and read over CanBus
kenny.c

Post by kenny.c »

As a update.....I had no problems other than re-teaching the one touch funcion on the windows....

Ken