What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
bennyb
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB
Dynaudio

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by bennyb »

Starshaped wrote:Might be better if there is a delay as they have added Rns315 and leather to spec of GT now and they are adding a new model the r-line.
Where did you hear this, nothing is mentioned on the VW website
Starshaped

Post by Starshaped »

This is from Volkswagen i cant remember every thing but there is a reduction in price on the standard level of £600 and you get an Rns315,mf wheel but adaptive suspension no longer standard and on the GT you get Rns315 and leather but price goes up,changes come into effect at build week 10 but cars already ordered are price protected and will get the suspension fitted. There was a few other things on the list as well but i cant remember everything off top of my head,also a new R-line model.
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Starshaped wrote:This is from Volkswagen i cant remember every thing but there is a reduction in price on the standard level of £600 and you get an Rns315,mf wheel but adaptive suspension no longer standard and on the GT you get Rns315 and leather but price goes up,changes come into effect at build week 10 but cars already ordered are price protected and will get the suspension fitted. There was a few other things on the list as well but i cant remember everything off top of my head,also a new R-line model.
So from what you are saying VW will be adding, as standard to my GT Scirocco, and at the price already agreed....

1) Leather
2) RNS315 presume this is the case even though I went for the Dynaudio and DAB radio

All at no extra cost?

Anyone else know about this, or can confirm these will be added to orders already on their books, but without a confirmed build date....
Should have stuck the winter pack on now.... Oh well
Andy5128
In: Indium Grey
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Well I hope my ordered GT comes with the leather and RNS 315 at no extra cost too. Still no news on build date as yet and it's gone past week 10. Found this on the Internet http://www.motorward.com/2012/04/2012-v ... and-specs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andy5128

Post by Andy5128 »

Also notice at VW.co.uk options have been updated and R-line now shown.
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

I have telephoned VW today to ask them about the status of the updates with previously ordered Scirocco's. Although my car has an anticipated build week of 18, despite my order form stating delivery in "early April", VW can not confirm whether the car will actually come with the new updates, they tell me I need to speak to the dealer. I spoke to the dealer, and they tell me that VW need to tell them......

So the situation may not be as clear as first hoped!!!

I would recommend others checking it out for themselves with their dealers, as it may not be as simply as assuming all post week 10 cars will have the RNS/Leather as standard.....

Please let us know how you get on, as then if some dealers say yes, and other dealers say no, those of us caught in this update limbo can hopefully do something about it....
DeepBlack
Options: Dynaudio Sound Upgrade

Post by DeepBlack »

I got a call from my dealer today.

I've got a Candy White GT on order that was due to be built week 20, he told me he had bad news and good news. I guessed the bad news was the date slipping for the 3rd time, I was right, back to week 23. The good news was that with the spec change on the GT (leather and sat nav now standard), mine had been caught and would be new spec. They were asking £600 for what would have been £1,800 (I think) of options. After some discussions about the date slipping etc they agreed if I paid £250 they would cover the rest.

So a 3 week wait for sat nav and leather at a cost of £250, I can definitely live with that!!
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Heard today - all sorted at no extra cost at all! They said the new car was a £500 premium but I am price protected due to my order date.
Andy5128

Post by Andy5128 »

Well not long called the dealer to find out if any news on a build date etc(been almost a month and no news yet) and also on would the GT be the new spec. Unfortunately the receptionist seemed to be the only one left(a bit late in the day I suppose) but was going to check and call me in the morning with an update.
Andy5128

Post by Andy5128 »

Well dealer called me back this morning and confirmed I would get the new spec on my GT at no extra cost so the leather seats, Sat nav etc. so that's good news. Although I did ask anymore news on build date and no update as yet which is a bit of a concern. They did say they were unaware of any delays so the mid June date still stood and they would update me as soon as they knew more. So fingers crossed for June although I don't mind a slight delay given the additional spec changes.
crockzz
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Luxury carpet mats, Mud flaps, Boot liner.

Ordered 28th Jan 2012.
Took delivery: 11th May 2012.

Post by crockzz »

I've got a 2.0 TDI 140 on order, due to be built build-week 16. Have just been told I'll be refunded the cost of Sat Nav and Multi steering wheel I'd ordered as extras, and my car will still have ACC (which is now an optional extra across the range), but will still have the "originally ordered" Donnington alloy wheels (which I think I prefer to the new Long Beach alloys anyway). Just can't wait to get the actual car now!
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

So my car ordered on Feb 9th has now just been pushed back from build week 18 to 27..... Wondering if by the time it arrives it will be a 62 plate or maybe a 13?

VW Customer Services have just phoned me to say that build week 27 essentially corresponds to the annual month off at the VW production factory, and it is likely the car will not then ship until the end of August. So for anyone who has a build week round this time, I presume it means the same for them as well?
Last edited by bennyb on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

crockzz wrote:I've got a 2.0 TDI 140 on order, due to be built build-week 16. Have just been told I'll be refunded the cost of Sat Nav and Multi steering wheel I'd ordered as extras, and my car will still have ACC (which is now an optional extra across the range), but will still have the "originally ordered" Donnington alloy wheels (which I think I prefer to the new Long Beach alloys anyway). Just can't wait to get the actual car now!
I think the ACC is only come off the base model of Scirocco, it is still listed as standard on all the other models across the range.
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

bennyb wrote:So my car ordered on Feb 9th has now just been pushed back from build week 18 to 27..... Wondering if by the time it arrives it will be a 62 plate or maybe a 13?

VW Customer Services have just phoned me to say that build week 27 essentially corresponds to the annual month off at the VW production factory, and it is likely the car will not then ship until the end of August. So for anyone who has a build week round this time, I presume it means the same for them as well?
I ordered mine about Jan 11th I think, and my build week is 23, which about fits with the timescale on yours. Hoping I get in before the factory shut down in Portugal though, wasn't aware of that! I am still being told a build week of 23 (early June) might mean delivery end of June although I am extremely suspicious about this. I think it will be more like mid July.
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Did you select the VW finance option 'Solutions' - £1000 contribution and 4.9% APR - this is what I did and I am now wondering what will happen about this. On the phone they tell me that everything is as we agreed back in February, but with everything else that has occurred, I am slightly dubious about the reliance of VW in this matter.
DeepBlack

Post by DeepBlack »

Yeah that's what I went with, 3 year PCP with 17,000 miles a year. I'm assured nothing will change from a finance perspective, just got to be patient on delivery
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

bennyb wrote:VW Customer Services have just phoned me to say that build week 27 essentially corresponds to the annual month off at the VW production factory, and it is likely the car will not then ship until the end of August. So for anyone who has a build week round this time, I presume it means the same for them as well?
The factory in Portugal & the shipping haven't stopped in the past 3 years for this. Its Germany that shuts down for holidays.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
bennyb
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

RW1 wrote:
bennyb wrote:VW Customer Services have just phoned me to say that build week 27 essentially corresponds to the annual month off at the VW production factory, and it is likely the car will not then ship until the end of August. So for anyone who has a build week round this time, I presume it means the same for them as well?
The factory in Portugal & the shipping haven't stopped in the past 3 years for this. Its Germany that shuts down for holidays.

C.
I am simply passing on what VW told me about Portugal and the Scirocco....
panrafal

Post by panrafal »

Do you know, what is the route for cars ordered in mainland Europe?
My dealer says, that the car will be built in Portugal, then sent by train to Germany, then sent by train to polish importer's car park, and just then - sent to the dealership by truck. This amounts to around 4 weeks, as at every stop it has to be loaded on and off...
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

panrafal wrote:Do you know, what is the route for cars ordered in mainland Europe?
My dealer says, that the car will be built in Portugal, then sent by train to Germany, then sent by train to polish importer's car park, and just then - sent to the dealership by truck. This amounts to around 4 weeks, as at every stop it has to be loaded on and off...
Yes, there are trains. Returning to Germany after delivering engines and gearboxes from Kassel & Salzgitter to the Scirocco factory at Palmela.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!