What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
ajudge
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by ajudge »

Ordered on 20th April, got my confirmed build week today as week 26.

140 tdi
Sun roof
Black leather
Xenons
18" Interlagos
Premium bluetooth
Rear window tint
RNS 315 Nav
Parking sensors
iPod connection
. . . and viper green :yippee:
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Dealer rang this afternoon to let me know that my Roc started it's build yesterday, May 24 and is at stage 4. What do you reckon my chances are of it getting on the boat to leave to 30 May which is to take build week 20 and up to Friday build week 21. At least the end is in sight. :clap:
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

RW1 has just posted a sailing to Sheerness on 31 May with all build week 21. Swansea or Cardiff would be a lot more convenient for me. :lol:
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

gibbsy wrote:Dealer rang this afternoon to let me know that my Roc started it's build yesterday, May 24 and is at stage 4. What do you reckon my chances are of it getting on the boat to leave to 30 May which is to take build week 20 and up to Friday build week 21. At least the end is in sight. :clap:
It will make that with ease... On the dockside today. More likely to be on the Tenerife Car than the Emden.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

RW1 wrote:
gibbsy wrote:Dealer rang this afternoon to let me know that my Roc started it's build yesterday, May 24 and is at stage 4. What do you reckon my chances are of it getting on the boat to leave to 30 May which is to take build week 20 and up to Friday build week 21. At least the end is in sight. :clap:
It will make that with ease... On the dockside today. More likely to be on the Tenerife Car than the Emden.

C.
Here's hoping. My car was dockside on 12 May, thought it would be on the Bouzas 16th May, but as of last friday (20th), my dealer reckoned it hadn't been put on a ship yet. I think it is on a ship now, but they quoted a number (similar to a filght number, relating to boat identity and sailing date perhaps? TYS045), so I can't check it unless RW1 has the code breaker.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
ScottyUK
Options: bluetooth prep, parking sensors, smokers pack, DAB radio, Dynaudio & carpets

Post by ScottyUK »

ScottyUK wrote:Just back from hols and received some good news, estimated build week 22, so according to the dealer I should get it at the end of June. :D :clap: :D

cynical me ain't holding my breath, it was only confirmed three weeks ago! :eyepop:
Well I've just spoken with VW customer services and they've confirmed WK24, so should get it early July - :clap:
cornelce

Post by cornelce »

ScottyUK wrote:Well I've just spoken with VW customer services and they've confirmed WK24, so should get it early July - :clap:
It looks like we're on the same boat... Had an estimate build week 22, but it has now changed to week 24... Hopefully should be with me sometime around mid July!
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

It appears that mine is on the Galicia, and will be dropped off 2 miles away from my house on Sunday at Tyne Dock - pick up next weekend maybe? :hyper:
ScottyUK
Options: bluetooth prep, parking sensors, smokers pack, DAB radio, Dynaudio & carpets

Post by ScottyUK »

cornelce wrote:It looks like we're on the same boat... Had an estimate build week 22, but it has now changed to week 24... Hopefully should be with me sometime around mid July!
I think you could be right

It’s all a bit odd, I’ve always read that order are 16 to 20 weeks from confirmed, now discounting the three months I had to wait because the stealer didn’t have any allocation, my order was placed on the 8th of February, it changed from “P” to “V” at week 18, got a temp build week of 22 on the 20th of May and confirm build week 24 today.

So allowing the usual 4 week to arrive in the UK it should be here week 28 or w/c 10th July that 10 weeks from start to finish – I’m just hoping its all true
mortc002
In: Night Blue
Options: Dynaudio Pack, DAB, Blutooth & Parking Sensors
https://twitter.com/#!/TilehurstTech

Post by mortc002 »

Finally after 9 months of waiting & one car built to the wrong spec I have finally filled in all documents and paid all upfront costs meaning I will have my car delivered by next Wednesday at the latest.
This will be the last post on this thread (Thank god) see you in the delivery room!
Andy Leic
Options: Front Fogs, Folding MIrrors, Cruise Control, Interlagos Wheels

Post by Andy Leic »

Had a call from my dealer at teatime that my new baby has been built as planned and is now ready for the next available UK bound boat :) Ordered on March 26th, built by June 1st so looking good so far for a 3 month start to finish order.

Andy
Rob
In: Salsa Red
Options: Scirocco's gone!

Post by Rob »

maisbitt wrote:It appears that mine is on the Galicia, and will be dropped off 2 miles away from my house on Sunday at Tyne Dock - pick up next weekend maybe? :hyper:
I got build week 22 :clap: :hyper: , also about 2 miles from tyne dock! You North or South of the river?
maisbitt

Post by maisbitt »

Rob: North side, above the Fish Quay in North shields, just behine the white lighthouse you can see above the Fish Quay.

Picking mine up Saturday morning, from south of the Tyne - Pulmans Sunderland.
Rob

Post by Rob »

maisbitt wrote:Rob: North side, above the Fish Quay in North shields, just behine the white lighthouse you can see above the Fish Quay.

Picking mine up Saturday morning, from south of the Tyne - Pulmans Sunderland.
Im other side, South Shields. Just been looking at the boat thread and fingers crossed mine will be built by Friday morning then hopefully be on that boat that leaves on the 6th :yes:
buster
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: chrome exhaust tips, chrome sill protecters, over carpets.

Post by buster »

well just got back from holiday to find an email that our car is confirmed build week 24 with a very hopeful 1st week in july delivery . so if we get it by the end of july i would think thats more likely. it was ordered 16th feb. delivery times have not been a problem for us as our motability lease was just extended and it means we will get another part summer out of the scirocco. :clap:
Rob

Post by Rob »

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Just had a call from dealer and mines built and awaiting shipping!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Dealer said it is being built in Germany and will be shipped to Tyne Dock??? I thought all Sciroccos were built in Portugal!
Nevertheless he said its showing on order screen as awaiting shipping. Hopefully have by the end of the month!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

If you believe Germany, you'll believe anything. What they like eh!

Bouzas :)

C.

ETA: Post ship query split onto Topic: Next boat/boats???
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
jimma1983
Options: DAB tuner, Dynaudio Sound Pack, Smoking Pack

Post by jimma1983 »

Just had confirmation from the dealer that the car will be here mid August (ordered mid March). 5 months is quite a long time, although it was what I was expecting and I want it for a 1 Sept delivery anyway.

Just wish the last 3 months would hurry up!!
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

jimma1983 wrote:Just had confirmation from the dealer that the car will be here mid August (ordered mid March). 5 months is quite a long time, although it was what I was expecting and I want it for a 1 Sept delivery anyway.

Just wish the last 3 months would hurry up!!
Although my car is in the UK my dealer is hopefully going to give me a firm date for me to pick up the car this Thursday. So hopefully somet time next week. That will make my order to delivery time of 25 weeks, just shy of 6 months. :eyepop:
stephen swain
In: Viper Green
Options: none- fitting golf mk6 GTI side skirts and colour coding grill and interior fittings

Post by stephen swain »

Ordered mine second week in January. Went into production on Monday 6th June and should be on the boat leaving on 10th. Here's hoping