B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
rocknob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: RCD-510 6 CD Changer

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by rocknob »

Mine went to Germany first. Left Bremerhaven on the 15th October and landed in Port Elizabeth South Africa on the 4th Nov
Ex - Rising Blue 2.0 TSi.
Current - Tornado Red Golf 7 GTi
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

trix wrote::rara: even better that its confirmed!

christmas meet maybe then? ;)

S
Certainly hope so! :nod:
looksly
In: Deep Black
Options: Most of the "options" are standard in Hong Kong including: DSG

Post by looksly »

Ordered my pearl black 1.4TSI on 30Sep... kept calling the dealer for build week. Finally got a tentative one today: wk 5 2010. :eyepop:

Delivery to HK might take 2 months or more so looking at earliest end March to finally receive it...

Takes whole 6 months for from order to delivery and this is still tentative! :mad:

Is this a normal thing to expect from buying a new car... one that's in demand...
gavmac89
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Post by gavmac89 »

looksly wrote:Finally got a tentative one today: wk 5 2010 looking at earliest end March to finally receive it...
I ordered mine not long after you, I have been told around March also only because my dealer has ran out of their allocation for this year but they are pushing for more orders before the end of the year, this may be the same for yourself. It is a long wait but going by the comments on here by others who have just picked up their roc its going to be more than worth it!

Cheers
bounge
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: leather seats, parking sensors, flat tyre indicator

Post by bounge »

Ordered a GT TDi 170 on 31st July and did have unconfirmed week 47. Still unconfirmed and rang the dealer today (for the 100th time).

Apparently there is a shortage of RC510 radios for the GT version which is holding loads of orders back.

Anyone else get the same dealership waffle or am I on my own on this one??
chrisyboyc
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

Ask them to stick in an upgrade if theyve run out of the 510 sure you wouldnt mind and it would help out the Billion pound motor company
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
jonflower
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Tints
Fogs
18" Wheels
Truffle leather

Post by jonflower »

Just been told by dealer that Sciroccos built in Wk48 will be delivered around 15th December...just though i'd provide you with this piece of info.
ashley1407
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

Just had a call from my dealer. My Roc is listed as Production Complete and he estimates that it'll probably be about 3 weeks before it gets to the dealers. However, from what I've been reading on here, it looks like it might be quicker than that!
skyblues11
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

been told today that VW would only build in batches and not to individual orders. this means i need more people who has my spec before those near Lisbon would bother to wake up and up their tools....

one minute i was in an unconfirmed build week, the next i was kicked out and not scheduled into a build week.

some little voice in my head is telling me to just walk away and give up. Should have listened to my mum and get a Toyota corolla instead!
dlj106
Options: leather, 18" Interlagos, 2 zone climate, Bi-Xenons, cruise control, DVD Nav, Folding mirrors, Panoramic roof, Front Fogs, Privacy glass, Multifunction wheel, Rear parking sensors

Post by dlj106 »

Just for info... I was a build week 45/46 and I've been told my car is on the boat.

Now whether or not this means waiting for the boat, actually on the boat, or sat in Sheerness just waiting I don't know but my dealer thinks they should physically have it 'in house' by Friday....

Does this fit with what you guys know?

D
sat1983

Post by sat1983 »

Bit off-putting all this! I got both my MINI's within 1 month of placing the order- built in the UK it may be but I really don't think anything over 3 months wait is acceptable, wherever it comes from!
If I want the car for June/July 2010 when should I place the order?
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

sat1983 wrote:Bit off-putting all this! I got both my MINI's within 1 month of placing the order- built in the UK it may be but I really don't think anything over 3 months wait is acceptable, wherever it comes from!
Simply supply and and unprecedented demand since late Spring'09.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
bounge
Options: leather seats, parking sensors, flat tyre indicator

Post by bounge »

Im in my order week - 47 and have just been told that the order is delayed indefinately until the radio supply is resolved.

Has anyone got an order week post 46 confirmed? All the Rocs use the RCD510 so can't see how they are going to build any until this is sorted.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

bounge wrote:All the Rocs use the RCD510 so can't see how they are going to build any until this is sorted.
Only the UK as standard. Not in Europe!

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Drigbyy2k
In: Viper Green
Options: Bi-xenon headlights... Flat tyre indicator... Winter pack... Door sills... Metal pedals... Aftermarket alloys...
Location: Highlands of Scotland (15miles south of John O'Groats)

Post by Drigbyy2k »

Can't remember where I read it but, someone said to keep things going why don't they just replace with the RNS310 (which is what we heard first) and when the RCD510 is fixed you have the option to go back to your dealership and get it replaced. Maybe thats to simple for VW...
rollopre
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

Drigbyy2k wrote:Can't remember where I read it but, someone said to keep things going why don't they just replace with the RNS310 (which is what we heard first) and when the RCD510 is fixed you have the option to go back to your dealership and get it replaced. Maybe thats to simple for VW...
Latest heads-up on this topic from my dealer, who placed two calls to CS for me. CS confirmed there are some delays and upgrade issues with the RCD510. My build date (wk 48 - starts Monday) is confirmed and therefore there will be no delays because of these issues. Which sounds great for me, but I am a born sceptic and won't believe it until I see it.
SuperHenrik

Post by SuperHenrik »

Hello,

Don't know if this info helps, since I am Norwegian and not British, but I had buildweek 46. This Monday it arrived to Germany from Portugal. I ordered my car with RCD 510 with Dynaudio. My VW dealer hadn't heard anything about me getting any other radio.
leanneq
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

sat1983 wrote:Bit off-putting all this! I got both my MINI's within 1 month of placing the order- built in the UK it may be but I really don't think anything over 3 months wait is acceptable, wherever it comes from!
Lucky you! My Mini took 5 and a half months! But i did get the convertible before it was officially on the road, i ordered May first convertible on the road/in the dealers was June
A long wait is acceptable IMO just because that's what happens with a sought after car!
skyblues11
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

the thing is for me, i still don have a confirmed built date.

i don;t mind being told i have to wait X month. But to be told one thing, then another, i don't even know how long i have to wait, or will i ever get a build week.

classic case of 'got the deposit now screw you!'

why can;t they just have a queue and tell people how long it is, thats it!

no wonder Toyota is the brand of choice whereever you are in the world.
alymac
Options: dvd nav, dynaudio,cruise,parking sensors,leather,19"s,

Post by alymac »

always been the same for me, once they have your deposit they dont want to know, and they are not bothered if you cancel they just keep your money! should be able to write contract that they have to supply updates each week, and penalties if they are late on delivery!!