What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
malty
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Telephone Prep & DAB radio

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by malty »

Hi All,

Ordered my Night Blue 140 GT on 30th March from Stockport VW and I've been told the order is now confirmed into build with an estimated delivery of late May :D

That's sooner than I was expecting reading some of the posts on here so fingers crossed!
cornelce

Post by cornelce »

malty wrote:Hi All,

Ordered my Night Blue 140 GT on 30th March from Stockport VW and I've been told the order is now confirmed into build with an estimated delivery of late May :D

That's sooner than I was expecting reading some of the posts on here so fingers crossed!
:wow: :eyepop:

Same here, ordered end of March from Citygate in High Wycombe but got an estimated delivery of late July / beginning of August, this is terrible! I've been told the order had been accepted at the factory, but haven't been given a build week yet. Hmm I shall give them another call later today I think, because I got a feeling that unless I keep pestering them, they'll keep delaying me more and more!
whicher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Surely if the order's been accepted the you should have a build week? Ask them for the Commission Number so you can phone VW customer services direct and see what the story is from them. :)
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Ordered at dealer on 5th of January. Still no build date. VW stinks, hope this car is worth all the hype or it will certainly be my first and last VW.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

gibbsy wrote:Ordered at dealer on 5th of January. Still no build date. VW stinks, hope this car is worth all the hype or it will certainly be my first and last VW.
have you gone & got your comission number from them & spoken to VW customer services?
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

trix wrote:
gibbsy wrote:Ordered at dealer on 5th of January. Still no build date. VW stinks, hope this car is worth all the hype or it will certainly be my first and last VW.
have you gone & got your comission number from them & spoken to VW customer services?
Dealer showed me the order on their computer showing status P. The dealership themselves cannot order any more Rocs until September. I'm disappointed as I wanted the Roc by May at the latest, however my wife, who adores the Roc, is pretty pragmatic and can see nothing wrong with our present car saying ''it will come when it's built''. The wife wanted the Roc and as she will be driving it 90% of the time who am I to moan. Still, the longest I've ever had to wait from ordering to delivery was 9 weeks.
Scott_mac
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

Have you considered taking your business elsewhere gibbsy?

At least threatening too anyway!?
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

Scott_mac wrote:Have you considered taking your business elsewhere gibbsy?

At least threatening too anyway!?
To be honest the dealer was very upfront with the delay problems, they are not trying to hide anything. When ordering the car I had two test drives, each lasting around 45 minutes. The dealer is only 5 miles from home the next nearest being 25 and they only offered me a quick trip around the block. Also I know people who have ordered from Capitol VW and they give them 10/10 so I'll probably stick with them. I've got a good car, Volvo V50, so no problems there until the Rocco comes, if it doesn't arrive till August then I'll have a 61 plate car, but I'd rather have it sooner rather than later.

Still, big black mark for VW. :grumpy:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

so the dealer has outsold their allocation (by a long long way), so its the dealer whos in the wrong, not VW.
& the dealer showing you the screen means nothing imo, if I were you I would get my commission number, call VW customer services and ascertain when your dealer placed the order on the central system [it sounds very much like it wasn't until quite a while after you placed the order on them] & what their system is showing.
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

trix wrote:so the dealer has outsold their allocation (by a long long way), so its the dealer whos in the wrong, not VW.
& the dealer showing you the screen means nothing imo, if I were you I would get my commission number, call VW customer services and ascertain when your dealer placed the order on the central system [it sounds very much like it wasn't until quite a while after you placed the order on them] & what their system is showing.
I'm going to call in on them later this week. However, two weeks after I placed the order they phoned me to say that the order had been accepted by VW. Why tell porkies about that? I do know that someone who ordered a 122 in February are having the car middle of this month. I've no reason to doubt the dealer as the problem does seem to be with the 170, which is the engine that I would have had in the Golf GTD (my other choice). I did get in touch with VW customer service and was told that it was 20 weeks for the Rocco, but my choice of engine and gearbox could increase waiting time.

Let's look on the bright side. The delay will give me longer to save up for the diesel to fill the tank. :cry:
yaroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, DAB ,Mats

Post by yaroc »

Maybe its the DSG, mine (170 manual) was ordered from the same dealer just one week before you but I only got my confirmed build date last week (wk17). I spoke to a lady at Capitol VW, sorry i can't remember her name but she's the person who actually checks with VW, not the salesman, she told me she was checking 2 or 3 times a week, she was quite helpful. Having said that I also called customer services and they can probably give you more up to date info, providing you get someone who is willing to help ( not all are). As already said, give CS a call, thats your best bet. Good luck, hope you hear soon.
ScottyUK
Options: bluetooth prep, parking sensors, smokers pack, DAB radio, Dynaudio & carpets

Post by ScottyUK »

gibbsy wrote: Dealer showed me the order on their computer showing status P. The dealership themselves cannot order any more Rocs until September. I'm disappointed as I wanted the Roc by May at the latest, however my wife, who adores the Roc, is pretty pragmatic and can see nothing wrong with our present car saying ''it will come when it's built''. The wife wanted the Roc and as she will be driving it 90% of the time who am I to moan. Still, the longest I've ever had to wait from ordering to delivery was 9 weeks.
gibbsy, Sept plus 20 week wow that's a seriously long time to wait! who's your dealer? just to let other member's know who are thinking of ordering one
Komar
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125

Post by Komar »

i dont understand this build date, but i orderd a Scirocco on February 15th, a he arrived in less than 2 months
Andy Leic
Options: Front Fogs, Folding MIrrors, Cruise Control, Interlagos Wheels

Post by Andy Leic »

Corneice wrote:
Same here, ordered end of March from Citygate in High Wycombe but got an estimated delivery of late July / beginning of August, this is terrible! I've been told the order had been accepted at the factory, but haven't been given a build week yet. Hmm I shall give them another call later today I think, because I got a feeling that unless I keep pestering them, they'll keep delaying me more and more!
I've yet to hear from my dealer whether mines been ordered/accepted and a build week. Placed my order on March 26th with Leicester, VW. Ive emailed them tonight so i'll post if mines got a build date yet. If it means anything I was told to expect late July/early August aswell.

Andy
Daz85UK
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors & Electric Folding Mirrors

Delivery/build times

Post by Daz85UK »

Hi,

Going to be ordering my Scirocco GT 2.0 TDI (170) DSG in the next week.

Can I really expect to wait 16 weeks? or could it be quicker?

Thanks
ScottyUK
Options: bluetooth prep, parking sensors, smokers pack, DAB radio, Dynaudio & carpets

Re: Delivery/build times

Post by ScottyUK »

I'd say 16 weeks is the minimum and that's only when the order is accepted by the factory; If your dealer doesn't have an allocation that month that will only add to the lead time.
Daz85UK
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors & Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by Daz85UK »

Ahh ok thanks, looks like im going to have to be very patient then....Thanks
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

Daz85UK wrote:Hi,

Going to be ordering my Scirocco GT 2.0 TDI (170) DSG in the next week.

Can I really expect to wait 16 weeks? or could it be quicker?

Thanks
It's been 15 weeks since I placed my order at the dealer and still no sign of a build date for a GT 170 DSG.
jimma1983
Options: DAB tuner, Dynaudio Sound Pack, Smoking Pack

Post by jimma1983 »

I ordered mine at the beginning of March and was told this week that the order had been accepted by the factory. No confirmed build date yet, but I dont want the car until September so I can get it on a 61 plate.
Andy Leic
Options: Front Fogs, Folding MIrrors, Cruise Control, Interlagos Wheels

Post by Andy Leic »

Further to my post the other night, rang my dealer, he told me he'd put the order in but no confirmation of a build date.

Andy