Bagged Rocco Is Back!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Cool Hand Luke
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather interior, Sat Nav, Reversing Sensors, Climate Control, DSG Gearbox,
Foot Mats, Multi Function Steering Wheel, 18" Interlagos, Door Sills..

Re: Bagged Rocco Is Back!

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Very nice pictures Xypher mate, that castle sure looks spooky lol another very nice brief on show also, pure class..!!

When you mention mapping who would you use, I have also looked into mapping, but they say you should run the car in by approximately 7k first of all before doing it. It also has an impact on your insurance :0( but I found lots of different ones, some that they say are untraceable. Also having never done it before would want to buy one that I knew had been tried and tested..?? You know much about this topic Xypher.?

Thanks in advance,

Cool ✋Luke.
xypher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak
With a: Manual box
Options: Premium Pack (rns 310, Park Assist, Climatronic, Light/Sight module with moving mirrors, Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
Duo Tone Leather (black/brown)
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

it's true, u'll need to have about +- 10000km to get the engine running as smooth as it should be (i got around 12500 now) so therefore u can adjust the map to it's best.

The impact on the insurance is not true, well if you let it be modified at a local dealer it will, cause they do it under waranty,and so they will let the insurance know u got more hp, but most people "including me" prefer other company's. I'll go to a guy in belgium that is well known for it's mapping, including adding exhaust systems, called DVX performance http://www.dvxperformance.be/ but cause it's in belgium it won't help u alot i guesse.

about the "tracebility" if you get a mallfunction in your engine area and you go to a local dealer, and they check the car with the vag diagnostic they can trace every step that happened to the car since it left the dealer, so yea, they might discover it and then u'll lose your waranty but thats a choice u make, therefore people say it's recommended to map it when your waranty is over.

and mapping isn't something u just go buy at the store, mapping is reprogramming your ECU chip, in other words changing the software so that the engine injects more fuel, takes more oxygen and so on, everything has to be fine tuned wile having it set on a dyno, therefore it's recommended to first change your intake and exhaust, so the car gets more air and has a better way to release it's exhaust gasses, then u'll get the optimal conditions to finetune the chip.

i can't help u with "the best company in uk", but just check some forums (for example the mod area on this one) and u'll learn alot more then u think ;)
Cool Hand Luke
Options: Leather interior, Sat Nav, Reversing Sensors, Climate Control, DSG Gearbox,

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Hi Xypher,

Thank you very much for the information, at least I know where I stand now, I really appreciate your advise and you taking the time to explain to me, as you are obviously a man who knows his stuff..!!
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Remember I told you why I used the name Cool hand Luke ?  Well it because a had a motorbike accident 20 years ago when I was 25 years old, and guess what it was a Belguin guy whom I had the accident with, he is from Mechelin, I think that is how you spell it lol So how about that for a small world?? Lol 

It happened in Greece on holiday, it was a head on collision only he had a jeep I was on a bike with only a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, not very wise, but then I was too young and full of No Fear, like you are at that age.

2 years in hospital and had to learn to walk and lots more, then 2 years rehab and college to retrain to do a new job, cut a long story short, I am very lucky my arm is paralysed only from elbow now and with lots of steel pins I am all good again, even play 5 a sides with some mates also the wrong side of 40 so not a high fitness or skill level lol

Anyway that's enough of me and who I am, what about you Xypher what you do for a living 
Sorry meant to say I work as a buyer for a large Electrical company and do a bit of travelling, I landed very lucky, maybe change my name to Lucky Luke lol ;0)

Chat soon my new Rocco friend
Tom84
In: Indium Grey
Options: R-line Exterior and Interior (Kyalami fabric)
RNS 310, climatronic, light & sight, tinted windows and a grin on my face!

Post by Tom84 »

Damn, that castle is about 3 Km from where I live, should of thought about that... :rolleyes:

DVX performance? In Londerzeel? That´s a nice drive... I´ve checked their site and I must say that for my 140Hp TDI, they are the one that give the greatest gains in terms of power. From 140 to 185Hp.

I already had a look at HS Tronic in Maldegem. They get to a 170HP and heard some good reviews about them... Do you know someone who has xperience with HS tronic?
I´ve also checked ZIPtuning, since they take over warranty on the engine (untill it´s 2 years old). Might have to double check the terms and conditions because sounds a little too good... Tune it and keep the same warranty as the dealer...

Does DVX put it on the testbench to tune or do you have to pay extra for a test after the tuning?

185HP does sound good :clap:
Indium Grey 2.0TDI 140Bhp R-line Scirocco
Tom84

Post by Tom84 »

@ Cool hand luke

Xypher is right. A tuning can always be traced. And is in 99,9% of the cases a warranty void... However, I do feel like a mapping is the best way to go when you want some extra juice :nod:

Mapping actually is finetuning the ECU (the computer that makes your engine run and checks all the sensors etc., let´s call it the brain of the engine). It is altering some settings in the brain of the engine. Actually, telling the computer to work a little harder...
There is something else to get more Bhp. They call it powerboxes or powerchips. These are little boxes which you install in front of the ECU (disconnect wires from ECU and put powerbox in between). However, it alters the value´s of sensors and sends those altered values to the ECU. Actually "tricking" the brain of the engine. The engine thinks it´s running lower so the brain makes it work harder.

Both options make the engine run with more power. However, mapping the engine will still mean the engine runs smooth and everything the sensors detect is real, so if something would go wrong, the brain will know and most likely show warning lights on the dashboard. The powerboxes on the other hand might have some nasty side effects... Bigger smoke from the exhaust (especially the diesel versions), not running smoothly and since it alters the values of some sensors, the ECU might not even realize something is going wrong because it never really knows whats going on in the engine...

As for the insurance... I know in Belgium, if you are in an accident, they will check your car... A powerbox will most likely be found. A mapping is a reprogramming of the original ECU and is not optically noticeable. I know some people in the car-business but never heard of any insurance company checking the software of the ECU...

As a conclusion:
If you really want to be safe on everything. Leave it as it is... If you are willing to take a small risk with the warranty (most VW´s don´t have many engine troubles in the first 2 years anyway, so who needs warranty :D ) and really want some improvement on the cars performance, get yourself a mapping...

Cheers
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Thank you very much Tom84, I really appreciate any information relating to mapping as personally I know very little but the more I hear about it the more I find myself wanting it lol. Personally I don't have my Scirocco yet but I have ordered it and my date is April the 20th for collection, since coming on here I have really enjoyed the banter as I am really excited about my latest boys toy purchase lol and looking at other peoples photos is good fun also, I been saving lots of pictures of really nices Rocco on to my iPad.

Nice to talk to you Tom, hope to catch agai soon.

Thanks again and take good care buddy,

Luke
xypher
Options: Premium Pack (rns 310, Park Assist, Climatronic, Light/Sight module with moving mirrors, Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

@ luke : damn, thats a hell off a story u got there! thank god indeed u recovered very well!
and it's prenounced Mechelen but i won't sue u for that :p a small world indeed!

i work on cars for a living so ya the whole "shezam" is abit in my blood i guesse :nod: :D
and u landed very well indeed, i would love to travel for my job!

@tom: thehe, well how about that, u see, sometimes the best locations are right in your backyard :p
and yup, the guy in londerzeel, it ain't that far for me, maybe half hour so it's ok, and i would not focus on the numbers u see on sites "this is towards luke also"

i've heard a lot off good comments about dvx because he's one in a few guys who doesn't really put a number on the horsepower when u bring your car, he is known to find the best balance off the engine between performance and durability and the HP/torque number is just a suprise, thats what i'm looking for, i don't want to bring my car to someone who tells me he can give me 160hp no problem, cause thats just putting the max. it can handle on it and so destroying the engine in time. u mentioned powerboxes, in my opinion those are the worst u can get and i would never consider putting that on my car, it's like u say, it's a boost u give to your car without considering your sensors and all the other stuff so again destroying your engine in time.

if you meen Heinz with the HS Tronic i wouldn't go there, i got some mates that live in maldegem that went there and they aren't really happy, like u say more black smoke and not finetuned properly.

I've also looked into ZIP tuning with the warranty, but again like u say it's abit to shady for me to even ask for some info. and also it's true u'll keep the warranty, but like luke said your insurance will go up then cause they have to let the insurance company know.

@ luke again: i know it's itching but if i was you i would consider waiting abit with the mapping on a brand new car, like u and i mentioned, it's best to let the engine run smoothly "around 10000km" before boosting it, it won't damage the engine if you do it early but it's also logical i guesse that u don't for example take a brand new ferrari from the dealer and get it to it's max speed on the first road u get to ;) if you know what i mean

so, today i made the call and i'm getting myself a supersprint exhaust system, center pipe, rear exhaust and endpipe, i want it to look as OEM as possible so the only diff. with my stock one will be that i now have chrome endpipes and that the exhaust flow is much better offcourse, including a bit more sound.
i've also asked to remap the ecu, and he mentioned that i would be suprised with what result i'll get, cause apperently the 1.4 122hp engine is a very nice engine to fine tune so he said.

if i wouldn't have the exhaust it would be sheduled for begin march but now we just have to wait untill the exhaust system arrives so it'll take abit longer but thats ok ;)
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

o, and i almost forgot but yesterday i've re-added my carbon pieces

sparki
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
Options: Leather and Lows...

Post by sparki »

Niiiice :yes:
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Wooow nice one Xypher... Looking good.. :0) and always a pleasure to see your fine looking car..... Thanks again for the advise from both of you guy's. Although I am very curious to find out as much as can about mapping, I would be very cagey indeed to get it done, would need 100% reassurance before having the confidence to actually set the wheels in motion.. Excuse the punt lads :0) lol

Don't mean to sound stupid here... But.. How do you load photos..??

I'm using an iPad and is that any different do you know??

Cheers,

Luke (My real name is Stevie).
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Reason being I got a really cool picture of a Green Viper :0)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Don't mean to sound stupid here... But.. How do you load photos..??
how to upload photos
& also have to say i'm in awe of you overcoming everything from that accident :) :yes:
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Thank you Trix, it took a good few years but the options weren't anything other than I could not afford to fail my good friend, but anyway very kind of you to say, I appreciate it very much. Hey listen to this every time I read the forum threads and checking out the new photos... I keep dreaming about my new car lol lol, i don't think I have ever been so excited about a car and I have had a few very nice briefs in my time :0) need to ban myself for 8 weeks yet, seems like an eternity lol

I meant how to upload photos in forum and not your profile, correct me if wron, even so I cannot upload still, either I'm a dumpling or it doesn't like the iPad. Thanks once again Trix :0)
Tom84

Post by Tom84 »

@ cool hand luke:
Mak sure when replying, you press 'full editor' and scroll down to the bottom. There you will find a tab 'upload'

@ Xypher and ontopic:
Are those carbon parts replacement parts or are these originals that have a carbon styled wrapping? The center grill does look nice with the carbon I must say... The beauty lies in in details right ;)
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

Thx trix, I'm also very pleased with the result
And luke, i upload with à site like imageshack.com. But i think it's cause off THE iPad, my iPhone cant upload pics either so...

And Tom, they are real carbon replacements ;)
Tom84

Post by Tom84 »

That's nice! What shop did you get them from?
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Hi mate,

Looking good... What you been up to..??

Nice pictures of my Fav ROC.

Cheers,

Luke.