My black Scirocco: *New wheels fitted*

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - Now with LEDs

Post by Ryy »

Grime Reaper... "Stronger THEN Acid". lol.
kenti
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

lokyt wrote:Ordered, just paid for a load of LEDs, lets just hope I can change them all without any fuss. Only ones I haven't ordered is a additional set for the puddles. Worried about damaging the glass. :rolleyes:
It happens I took some pictures when disassembling the mirrors. Can post them here along some short instructions if you like?

@Ryy: Hope is doesn't strip of that damn sensitive waterbased environment paint that the cars have now a day :)

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Heavy_Duty_ ... ld_104.htm
lokyt
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, Vienna Black Leather, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Dynaudio Pack, Badge Deletion, Electric Mirrors, Stainless Steel Sills, Alloy Pedals, LEDs

Post by lokyt »

Can do Kenti, oh yeh also do the LEDs for the footwells stay on until you start the engine? They don't fade after 5 seconds due to no resistors right???
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

I don't know if I understood your question.. The LEDs for the fotwells stays on until you stop the engine. They don't fade out unless you've you set that via the MFD. It's also possible to adjust the luminous intensity as normal. The only difference is that the LEDs are a bit brighter than the halogen at low intensity (20%). The LEDs used in the footwells are CANBUS ones.
lokyt
Options: 18" Interlagos, Vienna Black Leather, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Dynaudio Pack, Badge Deletion, Electric Mirrors, Stainless Steel Sills, Alloy Pedals, LEDs

Post by lokyt »

What I mean is, when you unlock your car, they turn on along with the reading lights. When you start the car do they fade out like original halogen bulbs or are they constantly on? When you pull the key out of the ignition do they turn on again?
kenti

Post by kenti »

My original halogen bulbs don't fade out when starting the engine. I've chosen to let them be on when the car is running in the MFD. I can check if the LEDs turn off tomorrow when I deactivate the footwell lights in the MFD.
kenti

Guide - puddle lights in side mirrors

Post by kenti »

OK, here's a short guide for changing the puddle lights in the side mirrors.

1. Pull of the mirror plastic cover. This will snap of when pulling in arrow direction. You may need to be a little rough when pulling it, so be careful not to snap off the brackets. Also make sure the mirrors are clean before you start touching them

2. Loosen the mirror. I found the best way is to tilt the mirror to maximum up-position, then you may grab beneath the mirror between the plastic cover and pull it loose. It is attached quite well, so you may need to use a little force to be able to loosen in. Be Careful not to lose it on the ground. You also have to loosen the two wires attached to the mirror. Pay attention to where the red and blue wires are attached. The wires are also attached quite well, so be patient when you wriggle them off.

3. Next step is to unscrew to T10 screws so that you can remove the plastic cover behind the mirror. Loosen the two screws marked with arrows in the image below. Also remember to keep a mild pressure on the blinker pin when removing the cover, so that it won't break off. I used a flat screwdriver and gently pushed the pin when removing the cover.

4. When you remove the black platic cover you have to pinch the clips on the back of the cover. Pay attention to the blinker pin when doing this.

5. Remove the plastic cover be pulling the illustrated direction. Watch the blinker pin ;) The cover may sit a little tight nearest the car window, but just take it easy and wriggle a little bit and it should loosen.

6. Here the platic cove has been removed. You can now see the green and black wire that is attached to the bulb holder.

7. Pull out the bulb holder in the direction of the arrow.

8. There's quite tight in there, so I had to use a pliers to get it out.

9. When you have gotten the bulb holder out, change to desired bulb. In this case a LED W5W with CANBUS.

10. Test that the LED illuminates before putting things together. If it doesn't, try changing the direction of the LED socket.

11. Reassemble everything in oppsite direction.

Here is a before picture with halogen:

And after with LED:
cornelce

Post by cornelce »

Awesome tutorial kenti! Thanks for putting it together! Although it looks a bit scary I think I'll take up the challenge as soon as the tank arrives.

:D
kenti

Post by kenti »

Yesterday my rocco was finally lowered with the H&R 35mm springs.

Here are some pictures from the fitting, mine still on winther wheels. Can't wait till I get the new summer wheels fitted!

Front before

Rear before

Springs fitted on the rears

Flying Scirocco

Good thing I didn't do this myself...

Four wheel adjustment

After lowering front

After lowering rear

After lowering side

Both cars lowered

lokyt

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - Lowered 35mm

Post by lokyt »

Looking good Kenti. I ordered the bulbs about3 weeks ago from Dealextreme. Apparently they have been shipped on the 20 April. Still awaiting :(
kenti

Post by kenti »

It takes a little time from DX, unfortunately. That's the price of low price :)
kenti

Post by kenti »

My original plan with Vertini Concave alloys that I had ordered didn't go exactly as expected. They had been ordered and was due to be delievered this week, but it turned out the the retailer was out of stock.

I didn't want to wait another 3-4 four weeks for new ones, so went out to a pal and tested his RS6-2 Gunmetal 8,5x19 ET33 alloys. He had used them one wither season, and was now selling them.

I was a little sceptical about the black/gunmetal match before I first saw it. When we got them mounted I think they matched the car very well! I bought them, and went straigt to a tire dealer and fitted Nokain Hakka Z, 235/35-19.

Here are a couple of pictures from when we tested the wheels, currently equipped with Conti5 winther tires.

Rear wheel

Crossbone
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Re: My black rocco finally arrived! - Lowered & summer wheel

Post by Crossbone »

Wow, your car looks just amazing with these new wheels. Are they original RS6 rims or are they replicas? How much were they?
kenti

Post by kenti »

Thank's, mate!
They are replicas (the joy of replicas...what?) :)

I bought the alloys second hand (one winther season), so the price I gave for them might not be very interesting.
supra253
Options: Dynamic chassis, Xenon, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, R-line interior, tinted front side windows, lowered, 19"'s all year around, Scirocco R front+rear bumper+exhaust

Post by supra253 »

kenti wrote:Thank's, mate!
I bought the alloys second hand (one winther season), so the price I gave for them might not be very interesting.
Half a winter season more or less ;)
--------------------------------------------
Odd
kenti

Post by kenti »

Aha, even better!
nikola_cro
In: Indium Grey

Post by nikola_cro »

beautifull work mate ;)
Viribus Unitis
Barrym246
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Parking Sensors, Tinted Windows, Folding door mirrors

Post by Barrym246 »

Car looks amazing love the black alloys looks proper mean grrrr this aint a stormtrooper more like darth vader lol
kenti

Post by kenti »

Barrym246 wrote:Car looks amazing love the black alloys looks proper mean grrrr this aint a stormtrooper more like darth vader lol
Haha :)

Maybe I'll have to get me one of these then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barrym246
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Parking Sensors, Tinted Windows, Folding door mirrors

Post by Barrym246 »

Yeah I think u should lol