!!Timing Chain Tensioner!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Komar
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: !!Timing Chain Tensioner!!

Post by Komar »

I know the best way to do that is to remove the TB...

but what if I just hit the pedal so the flap opens and I just spray in and do a little brush and wipe while TB is mounted?
without adaptation, just cleaning......can anything go wrong?

I mean I have at home wag com (clone version), and I saw on youtube tutorials how to do adaptation, but Im a bit scared that I dont do something wrong.....I supouse that cleaning and adaptation is not that big of a deal actually, right?

And what kind of TB uses 1.4 TSI? what it called?......Im asking because you have those drive by wire, and some others....

on ross tech page which of those are for 1.4 tsi?
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... Alignment_(TBA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
adryan
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by adryan »

blower wrote:VW now do a complete kit which comes with a new chain tensioner, chain, camshaft adjuster, guide rails and sprockets for £200

Part number for the kit for 1.4 TSI 160 : 03C198229C

Note the kit has a different crankshaft and camshaft sprocket and chain to the existing one on the engine, so you must replace everything with whats in the kit (don't just do the camshaft adjuster)
Hi, its hard to find info about that, hopefully you confirm that works on our twincharger engines, but VW only sell for CAXA engine (122ps). but if we compare parts included in the kit, those fits for turbo and for twincharger engines, i dont know why only sell for 122.
Thanks for coment it ;)
adryan
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by adryan »

blower wrote:VW now do a complete kit which comes with a new chain tensioner, chain, camshaft adjuster, guide rails and sprockets for £200

Part number for the kit for 1.4 TSI 160 : 03C198229C

Note the kit has a different crankshaft and camshaft sprocket and chain to the existing one on the engine, so you must replace everything with whats in the kit (don't just do the camshaft adjuster)
Now the price is 400£ :eyepop: