B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Bloke654
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Mats

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by Bloke654 »

Spiney wrote:Thanks Bloke,

Looks like you got lucky with ebay, nothing there now in either name.

The only price I can find is from VW South Africa in Rand which looks like it translates to around 20 squid. I may just have to get myself one of these!
Try this for size!

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-Schluesselanhaeng ... 7C294%3A50
Spiney
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

:yes:
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bloke654
Options: Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Mats

Post by Bloke654 »

Spoke to the dealer this morning and have been told it will be delivered on Tuesday morning. They have had the car for some time but during PDI checks they found it had door mirror glass fitted from a left hand drive, so have ordered the correct glass, and I have to wait. :fall:
badpanda
In: Candy White
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Post by badpanda »

bah I spoke to the lease guy today and he told me I was scheduled wk 30, still not in and I am now looking about start of October to get my 1.4 as "they can't make enough of the engine to suit demand".

seriously tempted to switch to a 1.8 tfsi 170 A3. Just need something fairly soon and worried VW will keep pushing this back
boss1812
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by boss1812 »

some good news on a personal note today, with my build week coming forward from week 39 to 37. 2 less weeks to wait
roccoSVK
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 208 PS 340Nm
Wimmer hand made double pipe exhaust system.
Wimmer chip, KN sport filter, HR springs 25mm
Alpine Ine-S900R all in one unit,
Magnat Selection Reference 216 speakers, front and back one digital mono amp. and two two chanel magnat black core amp.
two magnat ad 300 series II woofers.

Post by roccoSVK »

boss when did you order car?
OK my babe is here from work out session :)
boss1812

Post by boss1812 »

i ordered 20th july
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

just been updated.... build week moved forward a week to week 41 :D

(ordered 23rd june, original delivery sept, then build week 45, then build week 42, now build week 41....)

S
RW1
Legend
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Yeah, my 1.4 moved forward a week last week but still not moved from "factory order" into "production scheduled".

I'll just keep on smiling........................

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

Well all you people with build dates moving forward are cheering me up........maybe mine will arrive w/in the 3/4 months quoted....which would be handy as my scrappage car (Rover 820 that's been in my family from new) decided to throw its toys out of the pram yesterday and blow holes in the radiator and water pump at the same time!

Now just need to nurse it for, oh, 3 months.......lol
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
alanstead
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

Hi, I ordered my Scirocco way back in May and was told it would be delivered in August, I decided that I'd wait till September for the new reg however. Now its getting close I thought I'd phone the dealer to confirm the cars built and hopefully in the country and was disappointingly told he cant find out if its built or when it will be delivered! BS in my opinion! I'm just gonna have to keep phoning and pestering him to find out. Its funny how when I was ordering the car he was showing me the dialog system and how it shows all the different status of the cars, and now I want to know where my car is, he cant find out, aye right! You'd think they want to sell the car, after all, they dont get paid till I have the vehicle. Pissed off!!!!! :cry: :grumpy:

Alan
morrisnl
In: Pewter Grey
Options: none

Post by morrisnl »

What are the different statuses in the system the dealer can see?
Mine is 'in production' for 2 weeks now ? :-(
Factory opens next week or week after?
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

alanstead wrote:Hi, I ordered my Scirocco way back in May and was told it would be delivered in August, I decided that I'd wait till September for the new reg however. Now its getting close I thought I'd phone the dealer to confirm the cars built and hopefully in the country and was disappointingly told he cant find out if its built or when it will be delivered! BS in my opinion! I'm just gonna have to keep phoning and pestering him to find out. Its funny how when I was ordering the car he was showing me the dialog system and how it shows all the different status of the cars, and now I want to know where my car is, he cant find out, aye right! You'd think they want to sell the car, after all, they dont get paid till I have the vehicle. Pissed off!!!!! :cry: :grumpy:

Alan
Alan,

If you have your factory order number, contact Milton Keyes customer services and explain what the dealer is doing to you.

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
alanstead
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

My cars arrived at the dealers! I'm off to see it this afternoon, but waiting till September to have it registered, still well excited though!!
ReubenGT
Options: Truffle Leather, DVD SatNav with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Floor Mats

PLUS

Fiscon Bluetooth & Racingline Short Shift Kit

Post by ReubenGT »

Order placed Early June.

Order chased up and found to have been sat on a desk for 6 weeks mid July.

Estimated build date October and moving back fast... :fall:
Gary_Monkey
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Ordered car 1st July. My car is a 1.4 TSI DSG with extras.

Estimated build week 43 with delivery mid-November.

I call my dealer every two weeks to keep pressure on him. Even after this he can't 100% say that my car will be built in build-week 43. Huh!
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Gary_Monkey wrote:Ordered car 1st July. My car is a 1.4 TSI DSG with extras.

I call my dealer every two weeks to keep pressure on him. Even after this he can't 100% say that my car will be built in build-week 43. Huh!
Gary
as i understand it the production week will fluctuate until it is a reasonably close then it is frozen. the fluctuations may be due to orders being cancelled, production of a few more or less cars than planned one week or any number of different reasons!

it is frustrating, i'm in the same boat. as you can see from my signature my production week is fluctuating too & out of interest i'm tracking it.

keep busy & the time will fly by

S
Gary_Monkey
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

trix wrote:
Gary_Monkey wrote:Ordered car 1st July. My car is a 1.4 TSI DSG with extras.

Gary
as i understand it the production week will fluctuate until it is a reasonably close then it is frozen. the fluctuations may be due to orders being cancelled, production of a few more or less cars than planned one week or any number of different reasons!

it is frustrating, i'm in the same boat. as you can see from my signature my production week is fluctuating too & out of interest i'm tracking it.

keep busy & the time will fly by

S
Thanks for the words of encouragement Trix.

We are indeed in the same boat.

Just out of interest.. how are you tracking your order. Do tell. I wanna track mine too :hyper:

Gary
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

Gary_Monkey wrote:
Just out of interest.. how are you tracking your order. Do tell. I wanna track mine too :hyper:

Gary
By nagging the dealer I suspect. Some might be more forthcoming with info than others, but you need to go through them to get updates - unfortunately there's no way of tracking the progress yourself online for example.
danmachin
In: Deep Black
Options: Hill Holder, Badge Deletion, Flat Tyre Indicator, Mats

Post by danmachin »

Mine is scheduled for build week 39 (my birthday!) - anyone know how long it usually takes to arrive at the dealer in the UK following this?