What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by Jeffao »

Hi All,

Just been updated to Confirmed status from Estimated - Build Week 6 (which was as estimated). Ordered Oct 12th 2010, delivery early March 2011.

Regards Jeff
Andyh79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by Andyh79 »

Hello!

Mine is Build Week 5. Just had it confirmed about 2 days ago. Ordered 9th Nov 2010, delivery early March 2011.

Andy
8legs6legs
In: Candy White
Options: Cruise control

Post by 8legs6legs »

I've got a confirmed week 5 build too. Only difference being I've been waiting since May! Still, happy to have a confirmed week at last!
the stig
Options: Leather seats, sports wheel, DVD Nav, Bluetooth, Dynaudio, 2way aircon, cruise control, Parking sensors, electric mirrors and Xeon lights

Post by the stig »

Ordered today has alot of extras, leather, xeons, dvdsat nav, electric mirrors, cruise control and a few others predicted June, 1.4 btw for insurance purposes being 18 in my first year of driving! :(
mortc002
In: Night Blue
Options: Dynaudio Pack, DAB, Blutooth & Parking Sensors
https://twitter.com/#!/TilehurstTech

Post by mortc002 »

the stig wrote:Ordered today has alot of extras, leather, xeons, dvdsat nav, electric mirrors, cruise control and a few others predicted June, 1.4 btw for insurance purposes being 18 in my first year of driving! :(
Wow even being a 1.4 its going to be pricey. I wont ask if you can afford the insurance seeing as your 1st/2nd car is a brand new Scirocco!!!

On a lighter note my estimated week 10 buyild is now confirmed as week 9 and I have been told to expect Europcar to call me this week to firm up arrangements around the courtesy car
niggy
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red

Post by niggy »

Ordered a new Roc 2011 plate for March delivery on Thursday 04th November 2010 with a lease company. Recieved an email on 23rd November 2010 saying I was “Status P” - awaiting allocation

Nothing since..

Do I chase this yet ? Will it arrive in March ? My current car goes in last week of Feb and I will be car less, or hiring until delivery.

Do I start to panic soon with having no build date
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Niggy

They won't necessarily advise you of your build week especially as you are going through a lease company (longer chain, too much work in the lease companies eyes to keep you totally up to date in the large percentage of cases). the ideal for lease companies & dealers would be 1) take order, wait a while for car to be built while taking lots of other orders, 2) take money, 3) deliver car to owner who drives off happy, anything else is extra effort.

The order status in november and order status in january could be vastly vastly different! tbh I would drop them a line & see what the status is so you are more up to date & you don't get to the end of feb expecting a car in march & then potentially get "oh sorry it got delayed" from them, but I could never just sit & wait for something for that long without knowing how its progressing.

Updates can be the same with dealers so this goes for everyone waiting, they won't necessarily tell you every little piece of information so never assume no news is bad, if you want updates & to know what is going on, Ask!

S
jammyd
In: Rising Blue
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Need your opinion

Post by jammyd »

'lo all!

Right my RB 170DSG is being promised to me for the 1st of March, but the dealer has not been able to give me a confirmed build date!

I am getting the sinking feeling that its not going to turn up on time. What's everyone's opinion?

Do you think I need to shout at them again! we are 5 weeks from march now and no build date makes Jammy sad!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Re: Need your opinion

Post by trix »

you should be a pro at this by now & know all the questions/things you need to be asking

so to surmise the basics off the top of my head :lol:
1) when was your last update from the dealer?
within a week= proceed to 2, longer = go hound your dealer for an update NOW!

2) do you have your comission number?
if yes proceed to 3, if no go get it from your dealer NOW!

3) have you rung customer services? what do they say about your order?

S
Tcecil

Post by Tcecil »

I order mine in the middle of December and like you have been told start of march. However I have been told mine is being built week 7. Fingers crossed.

Good choice of colour by the way!
scirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

I ordered mine November 3rd and have a build week of five. Expected delivery end of Feb early March :nod:
paul_devon
Options: Electric folding mirrors,
Badge deletion,
Reverse sensors

Post by paul_devon »

I've got a build date of week 7 but been told it will be with the dealer at End March/Early April :(
sciroccoR25
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: 19 talladega
Vienna R leather
Mirror package
Panoramic sunroof
parking sensors rear
driver seat with electronic way adjustment
Rcd510+dynaudio
safty alarm
media in
telephone preparation
toned windows

basicly everything except Dynamic chass controll and navigation.

Post by sciroccoR25 »

My R is coming at week 6 ,but y it can be delayed
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

paul_devon wrote:I've got a build date of week 7 but been told it will be with the dealer at End March/Early April :(
Paul

They hedge their bets abit on how long it will take to ship over, yours is clearly being cautious & then they can call you happily when it arrives early & say they exceeded expectations.
The general rule of thumb used to be 3-4 weeks it all depends on how your car hits the shipping schedule once build is complete (check out the Next Boats thread for approximate schedules and ship updates by our very own expert) and then when it arrives in the UK if it can be pushed from the port by the dealer (the larger dealer groups - Inchcape) or has to be requested from the port via VW UK which takes abit longer.

S
jammyd
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

Well I have been given week 9! considering my dealer is one of the biggest in the country and they said it was not a problem for March 1st I would say I am a little pissed off... more so since I have been asking for a build date since decemeber. Finally got my commission number from dealer, phoned VW CS abd they told me the build week was confirmed 4 weeks ago to the dealer!

To say I have shouted at him is an under statement! as long as it does not get to me for April 1st its fine!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
barclay-89

Post by barclay-89 »

i ordered my candy white DSG 170 in november. spoke to the dealer last night and he confirmed week 6 :) result!
sveinan
In: Indium Grey

Post by sveinan »

Ordered middle of November 2010. Dealer has just confirmed build week 07.
nubsy
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: leather, interlargos 18" alloys, front fog's, tinted window's.

Post by nubsy »

ordered my dsg 160 on 1st jan from VW Windrush Maidenhead. They said they had allocation for my Roc, but no order confirmation yet. Got talking about the R, and they admitted the waiting time at the mo is from 9 t0 12 months now, as so much back log.
Last edited by nubsy on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MRSPATERSON123
In: Indium Grey
Options: Leather

Ordered 8 October 2010
10-12 weeks wait

Post by MRSPATERSON123 »

I ordered mine 8 October 2010, from Arnold Clark. All i've been told so far is that the order has been confirmed by the factory. It has now been 15 weeks. What's the hold up? Is it just volume of orders? Getting really impatient now !!! :(
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

:welcome:
to be honest 10-12 weeks was never a realistic delivery timescale :(
have you asked them what your build week is currently scheduled for? they do not automatically give you all the information about the status/progress of your order. I'd suggest asking them about the build week & asking for your comission number & generally making abit of noise at them.

S