New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early March

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Needajobby
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: Metallic grey

Re: New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early Mar

Post by Needajobby »

I must be on the same boat as you Chippy. Arrived in uk and lease company called to sat they'll suggest delivery date next week for lard March. Let's see the photos then guys!
ChippyR
In: Indium Grey
Options: None

Post by ChippyR »

Got my reg no and vin with all the paperwork to print off, sign and return to the dealer with my driving licence and the deposit. Hopefully delivered 15-March. They want a cheque for the deposit so hopefully I still have a cheque book somewhere. Excess mileage is 9p per mile but I'm unlikely to be pushing that now I quit my job last week!
tyrone1wils
In: Pure White

Post by tyrone1wils »

ChippyR wrote:Got my reg no and vin with all the paperwork to print off, sign and return to the dealer with my driving licence and the deposit. Hopefully delivered 15-March. They want a cheque for the deposit so hopefully I still have a cheque book somewhere. Excess mileage is 9p per mile but I'm unlikely to be pushing that now I quit my job last week!
I had the same issue with the cheque, but if you just ring the fulfilling dealer then you can just pay by debit card or credit card with a 2% fee.
Brian_the_Snail
Options: Folding mirrors - delivery due June 2017

Post by Brian_the_Snail »

Mine too landed on Friday so just also be on the same boat. Don't expect to hear from the dealer as don't want it until existing VW lease expires on the GTD in mid June. However that could change if I pop in and see the car ......

B_T_S
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

Good shout about a debit card. Avoids the wait for the cheque to clear. Also my last cheque was dated Nov 2011 so who's to say the cheques are still valid. I'll call the dealers on Monday before I send the paperwork special delivery. Might speed things up too.
Just wondering if you will be offered a price to keep the old lease car B_T_S? This is my first lease so just wondering what kind of money they'd ask. Is it a MK7 GTD?
Brian_the_Snail
Options: Folding mirrors - delivery due June 2017

Post by Brian_the_Snail »

ChippyR wrote: Just wondering if you will be offered a price to keep the old lease car B_T_S? This is my first lease so just wondering what kind of money they'd ask. Is it a MK7 GTD?
Haven't asked as just want to move onto the next car. Did ask VWFS about handing back GTD early but they still want 55% of the outstanding lease charge. I'll keep the GTD until June.

B_T_S
Mk2

Post by Mk2 »

Got mine on Friday! Multiple problems and error codes means it's been taken away on a flatbed though :(
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

Wow, so it got through the PDI and went wrong after you drove it away?
Mk2

Post by Mk2 »

Yep, drove for 100 miles perfectly and parked up.

Came back to the car and battery had discharged, got it going again and got EPC & check engine lights. VW tech scanned and got about a dozen error codes relating to fuel, turbo, electrical etc.

Got to wait until tomorrow to find out more.
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

Oh dear, mine is the same, indium grey and DSG so hopefully not a bad omen. I thought the factory and dealer would both test drive the car. And I would guess it's driven on and off the boat. Hope it's all sorted soon and doesn't put you off the car. Mate of mine had a BMW 440 delivered a week last Wednesday and after 2 hours someone had driven into him in a pub car park. Not sure which is worse.
Mk2

Post by Mk2 »

To be fair it's a strange one, I picked it up with about 8 miles on the clock and those 100 miles I've done were the journey home. There was nothing to suggest an issue so the same would have been the case for the dealer I presume.

I feel for your mate, it's a bit of a first world problem but when you've been looking forward to getting the car and it let's you down instantly it doesn't inspire much confidence and for something like that to happen must be horrible.

Hoping it's something simple but from googling the error codes there's a lot of potential there for it to be a long drawn out trial and error situation to find a fix.
Mk2

Post by Mk2 »

Aside from that Chippy, the car looks great in Indium and was a pleasure to drive, really puts a smile on your face. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
MrHammonds
In: Candy White

Post by MrHammonds »

Took delivery of the R today, very happy, great drive, took it in to the lakes for a customary photo!

Quick question, whats the 'sweet spot' (DSG) rev range to get that 'burble' sound from the exhaust (up/ down shift?)... very addictive!

ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

Wow, that looks great, both the scenery and the car. Can you let me know the location?
Good to hear you love the car. Paid my deposit today so I should have it maybe middle of next week.
MrHammonds

Post by MrHammonds »

ChippyR wrote:Wow, that looks great, both the scenery and the car. Can you let me know the location?
Good to hear you love the car. Paid my deposit today so I should have it maybe middle of next week.
Wast Water in West Cumbria, about 20 minutes from where I live.

I haven't paid a deposit yet......???
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

They asked for the 3 months worth initial payment now so I paid by debit card over the phone rather than risk having a cheque bounce as the cheque book was from the last decade. Paperwork in the post but the car is not at the dealers yet. Hopefully I'll get a call to organise everything soon as the ball's in their court now.
Thanks for the location, I can't believe the colours and how nice a day you had.
ChetRocco
Options: Stock

Post by ChetRocco »

Congrats on the car, it looks fantastic!, il be taking delivery of an Indium DSG next week, coming out of a mk7 Golf R manual (fantastic car), couple of questions, What tyres did yours come on?, also how do you find the ride quality with DCC, and what mode are you tending to prefer?

Cheers
MrHammonds

Post by MrHammonds »

ChippyR wrote:They asked for the 3 months worth initial payment now so I paid by debit card over the phone rather than risk having a cheque bounce as the cheque book was from the last decade. Paperwork in the post but the car is not at the dealers yet. Hopefully I'll get a call to organise everything soon as the ball's in their court now.
Thanks for the location, I can't believe the colours and how nice a day you had.
Ah I see, think I pay in next 14 days.

Thing Wast Water was voted one of the best views in the UK, it's unreal down there, great for photos and going for a spin. Been 10 degrees but sunny all day up here, great for breaking the car in!
MrHammonds

Post by MrHammonds »

ChetRocco wrote:Congrats on the car, it looks fantastic!, il be taking delivery of an Indium DSG next week, coming out of a mk7 Golf R manual (fantastic car), couple of questions, What tyres did yours come on?, also how do you find the ride quality with DCC, and what mode are you tending to prefer?

Cheers
Thanks mate, really chuffed with it.

Came on Perelli P Zero's.

I like the ride, relatively firm (nothing compared to my type R) but still forgiving enough to soak up shitty roads, so far I feel like normal is good for day to day driving, comfort is for sitting on a motorway or stop starting through town and sport kind of feels like what the car 'should' feel like (if you get my drift... Sporty coupe).

Also sticking the DSG in to 'S' is the only way to drive the car hard in my opinion, car comes alive and gives you much more freedom through the rev range and will sit at quite a high revs and still not change up (which I like, you feel more in control).

I like sport and the DSG in 'S'... Quite impressed in how different each mode feels though.

I'm also impressed with the 'heaviness/ weight' of the steering, I like it, makes it feel more planted, much stiffer than my old type R.
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Post by Needajobby »

Stunning photograph and car looks awesome. Chetroco would you mind posting a pic when you get yours? Not seen many Indium and that's what I have on order. I also have. golf 7R (though DSG). Was yours stock or mod'd?