B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
rako
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Alarm, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Mirror Pack, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Pack, Sport Pack, 18'' Interlagos, Dynaudio, Badgeless Back

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by rako »

Ordered 5 March
Estimated Build: week 22
MarcusCole
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise Control, DAB, Rear Parking Sensors, Philips Xtreme +80% headlights, and a dodgy wiper

Post by MarcusCole »

mines getting built on monday (6/4/09)...wonder how long it will be before delivery :) :hyper:
tartangti
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

MarcusCole wrote:mines getting built on monday (6/4/09)...wonder how long it will be before delivery :) :hyper:
Mine was built on 9/3/09 and I'm still waiting for it! Should be arriving this week though as it's in transit at the moment :clap:
sonnybhoy
In: Deep Black
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

tartangti wrote:
Mine was built on 9/3/09 and I'm still waiting for it! Should be arriving this week though as it's in transit at the moment :clap:

You're in the same boat as me mate, no pun intended! Spoken to my dealer today and they still haven't taken delivery of the car. (Even though he thought it would be there for me to collect on Saturday! High hopes and all that!) Anyway, as my 40 week wait hits its birthday on Thursday, the dealer has sorted me out with a courtesy Roc until I get my baby! (was expecting a courtesy Fox so give the lad his due, he's done really well!) Anyway, heres hoping that those cars built on the 9th of March are here soon!
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
custardmonkey
Options: DAB, Dynaudio, Elec mirrors (w/ mirror down!!), mats, Parking sensors, flat tyre indicator

Post by custardmonkey »

Mine was built week 11 (09/03) and apparently the ship docked in Grimsby on Saturday. Think it must be somewhere here-ish:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&h ... 2&t=h&z=15

Or maybe somewhere closer to my dealer now... hopefully... please... :cry:
2.0 TSi GT DSG, Rising Blue, Dynaudio, DAB, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Flat tyre indicator, Mats
tartangti
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

sonnybhoy wrote:
tartangti wrote:

You're in the same boat as me mate, no pun intended! Spoken to my dealer today and they still haven't taken delivery of the car. (Even though he thought it would be there for me to collect on Saturday! High hopes and all that!) Anyway, as my 40 week wait hits its birthday on Thursday, the dealer has sorted me out with a courtesy Roc until I get my baby! (was expecting a courtesy Fox so give the lad his due, he's done really well!) Anyway, heres hoping that those cars built on the 9th of March are here soon!
I'm actually getting kind of stressed about it cause my dealers not confirmed if it'll be here this week because the transport company they use are on holiday for the easter weekend! I'm hoping it's here then as I'm working the weekend after so might not be able to collect if for over a fortnight if that's the case :cry:
CLARKY
Options: black leather, folding mirrors, dynaudio sound system, winter pack, parking sensors , carpet mats

Post by CLARKY »

Clarky here, ordered my GT 2.0 TSI on 19/03/09 estimated delivery 30/06/09 from Dunfermline white , black leather , dynaudio , parking sensor , folding mirrors , winter pack , de-badged , how hopeful should i be ? stuck with using motorbike till it arrives unless my wife gives me the passat if the weather gets too bad .
ik1978
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18'' alloy wheels, fog lights, tinted windows, 2zone climate control, Premium Sills.

Post by ik1978 »

Ordered my candy white i.4 tsi 26 March. Does anyone think i'll get it early in July? Havn't heard from the dealer yet, i.m expecting a call in the next week or two but the wait is killing me. It seems the average wait is 4 weeks after the build date for delivery. I can't help thinking I should have got parking sensors. What do people think, yes or no? :shrug:
tartangti

Post by tartangti »

ik1978 wrote: I can't help thinking I should have got parking sensors. What do people think, yes or no? :shrug:
Yes, you should have got parking sensors :D
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Post by Kev »

Yep. I'd ring and find out if it's been built yet. If not, get them added.
sonnybhoy
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

Been driving my courtesy Roc now for 4 days which does not have parking sensors and it has been going through my head "Thank God I ordered parking sensors!!!"

Apart from that I am loving it - Belter of a car! Hopefully have my baby next week - still keeping those fingers crossed!

:)
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
klippie
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

I just got word this weekend that my cars been built and awaiting despatch the dealers expecting it before the end on the month... :clap:

It was ordered the last week in January so it was three months delivery just like they said... :yes:
Andy500

Post by Andy500 »

Just got a call from the dealers this morning saying that my car is now awaiting shipping so they hope to have it by the end of April. Woo hoo 3 months now and im getting fed up of waiting!
lsuhe
Options: Dynaudio Soundpack

Post by lsuhe »

Just spoke to dealer today. Ordered 12 Feb. Estimated buildweek 17. is now built and has been checked in Germany (arrived 8th April). is awaiting a ship to Grimbsby. Dealer expects delivery to them in approx 2 weeks. Cant wait! so hoping month or less to getting hands on it! so now just got to not fil up old car too much as will be swappe (both lease cars)
Will be real wen see it!
noodle
In: Sumatra
Options: cruise control, winter pack, parking sensors, mats

Post by noodle »

ordered 2nd march, just been given a build week of 18. and i was worried that they'd forgotten me.

really want it to arrive on 21st may, because that's payday. if it comes in before then i'll probably have to let it sit at the dealers for a while, and that's going to HURT.
sonnybhoy

Post by sonnybhoy »

Been to the dealers today, they were in the process of applying the life shine and she looks Fecking Fan bloomin' tastic!!!!!!!! Picking the car up tomorrow and I just can't wait. It's been a hell of a long time in coming but I can tell you that the excitement tonight has made it completely worth while! :clap: :hyper:

I'll post the obligatory pics and comments as soon as. Can't wait to change from "I have ordered a" to "I drive a"!

Cheers folks!

:woohoo:
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

sonnybhoy wrote:Been to the dealers today, they were in the process of applying the life shine and she looks Fecking Fan bloomin' tastic!!!!!!!! Picking the car up tomorrow and I just can't wait. It's been a hell of a long time in coming but I can tell you that the excitement tonight has made it completely worth while! :clap: :hyper:

I'll post the obligatory pics and comments as soon as. Can't wait to change from "I have ordered a" to "I drive a"!

Cheers folks!

:woohoo:
The same goes for me except that when I was at the dealers earlier completing the paperwork I declined their invitation to see my car.
It took a hell of a lot of willpower but I really want that first jaw dropping, eye popping moment to be shortly followed by that first drive off of the forecourt.
There's been times when it felt like this day would never come, and I only ordered in January so god knows how some of you guys who've been waiting since November and beyond have coped.
I've got the day off tomorrow (well today now) and I collect at 2pm. Frustratingly for me though I've got a really busy schedule for the following 3 or 4 days so won't be able to get out in the car nearly as much as I want to. Still what's a couple more days? At least in a few hours it will be mine :vibes:
As soon as I get the chance I will post some pics.
sonnybhoy

Post by sonnybhoy »

I know what you mean about the initial surprise but I think that because I was messed about so much I just wanted to make sure it was real and actually there on the compound! I got to make sure they were installing the sills and pedals too so its all good. My fiancee thinks we're just going down to drop off some paperwork so I get to see the surprise from her when she realises its ready to go! Good luck today anyway Nick - Less than 3 hours to go!!

:hyper:
autofocus
Options: Cruise Control

Post by autofocus »

Hi there,

Heard from my dealer yesterday that my car is built, in transit and should be with him in about 2 weeks.

Looks like there's a few of us with cars arriving in the next 2 -3 weeks.

Regards

Tim
sonnybhoy

Post by sonnybhoy »

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! Its quality! :D It gets so many looks, the last guy looked all over the car and double checked the bonnet for the badge to find out the make.

Very much the same initial impressions as many others. the car is incredible. DSG Gearbox is an engineering marvel. Dynaudio was worth the money (The new Prodigy album sounds fantastic turned up nice and loud! - I'm not a chav, honest :p ). I like the Pano sunroof, didnt notice any difference from the standard car in terms of noise intrusion but the difference in making the cabin feel more airy was certainly evident. Going to let the brakes etc bed in then give it a good blast down some nice country roads. Glad I've got the reverse parking sensors though, I'm sure they'll come in handy!

Oh and the Left mirror does re-position whenever I select Reverse - but thats for another post! All in all a fantastic initial 60 miles were completed today, going to go for another drive tomorrow after my morning shift - Damn work gets in the way of everything! I'll post some pics when the weather picks up! Cheers folks!

:dancer: