Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jim Mitch
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, dynaudio soundpack, DAB

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Post by Jim Mitch »

Estimated delivery date now updated - 31 January. According to the paperwork, the courtesy car (diesel Mondeo) is costing VW £30 per day. So if my R is actually delivered by end of January, it will have cost them in the region of £3k. Would have thought this might be a bit of a concern for them...
birdman66
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather,sat nav, folding mirrors, pano roof, 19'' talladegas, VW Bluetooth, parking sensors

Post by birdman66 »

Yessss !! at last i have a confirmed build week 50 Dealer told me i should have the car early january.
AXEY101
In: Deep Black
Options: fully loaded on 19's.

Post by AXEY101 »

Hi all,
Had a call from dealer last night, He was very excited to tell me me my car is being built next week!!! :D :D :D
I nearly passed out!! The news is still sinking in, I cant belive it!!??
I wasnt told a delivery date but he is going to tell me when it leaves the factory?
9 month wait so another month aint gunna make much difference?
Hopefuly every1 else waiting will get there build date's now??
Fingers crossed everything will go ok?
I cant wait! :D :D :D :D
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
robrain
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

Email just received: scheduled build week 4, 2011, for mid Feb delivery to dealer. If that is the case, then my delivery delay will have been six months.
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011
panhandle
Options: Everything bar the panoramic..

Post by panhandle »

Providing there are no delays then, 6 months start to finish for a DSG is better than most.
I ordered a month later than you at the end of September, so maybe my idea of being on the road in March is realistic.
Good luck
essexbloke
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Its Monday week 49, called the dealer and YES at last its on the build list for this week :clap:
Vibester
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Post by Vibester »

I have a rough estimate that my car is on quay in Portugal. Dealer advised it had been built! Hurrah. This is particularly good timing as i have just had to change courstey cars to a Vauxhall insignia, despite all its gadgets, has to be one of the worst cars I have ever driven. (and I used to drive a KA!)

Might be on for a crimbo present!
Vibester

Post by Vibester »

Car was at Sheerness on Tuesday and will hopefully be with dealer today or tomorrow...... Cant believe it is almost here, will be the best crimbo week ever! Im getting excited like a child getting a bike!
SMS
Options: Sat nav
DSG

Post by SMS »

Just had a quote from a dealer via an internet broker-2k off list price.

Contacted dealer with my concerns regarding all that I have read on this forum,was told if I ordered now I should get the car in June due to a FIRE at VW's main factory(have ordered DSG,Sat nav as extras)

More bullshit or fact?

Who knows,I do want one badly though,having seen the pictures on here!! :) :D :nod:
stephen_belfast

Post by stephen_belfast »

SMS...

I've been waiting since the 10th of June 2010 and my car is confirmed for week 50 2010. That all sounds well but the wait has been sooo long and frustrating that I am no longer excited about the car. To be honest I wish that I never wanted an R to begin with...the wait has ruined the entire experience of purschasing my first R and indeed my first proper car (previously 307 & civic type S).

If I were in your shoes I would ignore the dealer as he/she are talking rubbish...I'd say 8-10 months is more realistic. Thus instead of waiting and waiting' I'd buy a used Scirocco R or a Golf R and drive the car that you want, when you want to...not several months later or when VW decide to accept your business. Plus the hire car deal protector is a joke... a 1.4 golf 5 door when I ordered a Scirocco R DSG.

Either way its up to you....so good luck!

Keep er lit....
Stephen
Vibester

Post by Vibester »

went to dealer to see it today, still wrapped up in the transport gear but good to see it in the flesh! All documentation sorted, ready for the private plate and drive away next week, just got to hope the snow holds off!!!!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Car is built and on the dockside in Spain. Not sure when it will get here but doubt it will be before Christmas, but at least its built now.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

essexbloke wrote:Car is built and on the dockside in Spain. Not sure when it will get here but doubt it will be before Christmas, but at least its built now.
Spain! Are you sure? All the others are built in South Portugal.

Shipping - Bouzas is the likely ship to bring it to the UK next week arriving 17.12.10 at Sheerness.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

My mistake Bouzas is in Spain at the moment
SMS
Options: Sat nav
DSG

Post by SMS »

stephen_belfast wrote:SMS...

I've been waiting since the 10th of June 2010 and my car is confirmed for week 50 2010. That all sounds well but the wait has been sooo long and frustrating that I am no longer excited about the car. To be honest I wish that I never wanted an R to begin with...the wait has ruined the entire experience of purschasing my first R and indeed my first proper car (previously 307 & civic type S).

If I were in your shoes I would ignore the dealer as he/she are talking rubbish...I'd say 8-10 months is more realistic. Thus instead of waiting and waiting' I'd buy a used Scirocco R or a Golf R and drive the car that you want, when you want to...not several months later or when VW decide to accept your business. Plus the hire car deal protector is a joke... a 1.4 golf 5 door when I ordered a Scirocco R DSG.

Either way its up to you....so good luck!

Keep er lit....
Stephen
Hi Stephen

If I could find a used one in blue or black with DSG and Sat Nav I would buy one,but I doubt that there are many out there!!Anyonne got one for sale?? If not where is the best place to look? I have been on the VW site bit they haven't got what I require. :no:
risingR
Options: DVD Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, 19"s, Colour MFD, Cruise, Parking Sensors

Post by risingR »

So I ordered mine on the 27th November 2010 - just got a message from the dealer today to say that VW have accepted my order (which is very nice of them !!) and that estimated build week is week 5 - the dealer has pointed out that this will probably change - but even then this is a lot earlier than I expected given that I was told I probably wouldn't see the car until June 2011 at the earliest - maybe my wait won't be as long as expected but judging by others expieriences I'm not sure that this will be the case.............
DAR

Post by DAR »

I was at my local VW/Audi dealership today, and saw this beauty in Suzuka......
:hyper: :hyper:

Hmmm i thought, lets just have a chat.

Now my April 10, Manual RB R is fully loaded, (only missing the Pano roof). It has 7K miles, Rear view camera etc etc. Even has a great Roc Plate.

The PX offer................... 22K, yes 22K! :? :? :? :no:

Needless to say, I still have the lovely R in the garage.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

U thought about becoming a hair dresser??? Shocking!!!!

Why has that one not got the new style RS alloys??
DAR

Post by DAR »

Because they are the optional 20"'s.

I think they are chancing their arm somewhat, especially given the waiting times being quoted.

And NO not thinking about it at all, just seeing what they would give against it. It is a beauty. The piccy is similar to the car i looked at. The one in my dealer had 19"'s but the Suzuka Grey is fantastic.
wavodavo
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Post by wavodavo »

Car got delivered today, will be taking it home tomorrow.