What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Douchebag
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: None, because I'm a tight bugger.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by Douchebag »

The lease companies are going off the orders they've recently placed. IE the months prior, where they'll have ordered a number of these cars

It's VW's choice to mess around with the engines so really they've got to shoulder some of the blame. I was expecting mine to arrive in November but if VW aren't making any, then there's not going to be any to sell. Just the way it is

What if this other company is just blowing smoke up your arse about having another one ready to ship? You'll be straight at the back of the queue!
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

I don't see it that way. From what peeps are saying its the lease companies waiting for the new engines. VW haven't stopped producing the existing car models.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Douchebag

Post by Douchebag »

And what incentive is there for them to do that? Resale values?
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Douchebag wrote:And what incentive is there for them to do that? Resale values?
Thats what crossed my mind....

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Also with lease companies it is quite possible that the supplying dealer has sold their allocation causing further orders to held over untill they have spare allocation. Interesting question to ponder ifna supplying dealer has three types of customer, retail, business and fleet/lease but not enough allocation who gets first preference in loading the orders.
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

Surprised to have been called by a hire car company today asking when they can drop off our courtesy car. This is good news and maybe a sign that vw are starting to address the customer dissatisfaction. I am slightly dubious until I get it as contractually they don't need to give me one until mid December ?
Scott_mac
In: Night Blue
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

Douchebag wrote:And what incentive is there for them to do that? Resale values?
Given that the majority of lease companies will be leasing cars to Company Car drivers - there is a big incentive to wait for Bluemotion cars.

Resale value will be a factor also, but i'm looking at a 30% decrease in the company car tax payable on a Scirocco with a Bluemotion engine - which is significant enough for me to be prepared to wait!!
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
harveyhanson
Options: Electronic Folding Door Mirrors

Post by harveyhanson »

Well ordered mine on 3rd Sept (standard 140GT with folding wing mirrors, nothing else) - no build date after speaking to VW, they said there is no build date in sight and that I would just have to wait, but they did say that current estimates are cars ordered in September will likely have a 16-20week lead time due to demand, which would lead me til Feb 2011, oh dear!
Harv
Booson
Options: Sat nav, leather trim, parking sensors, sunroof, 19" Lagano alloys

delays

Post by Booson »

i ordered my scirocco in july with an estimated delivery time of end Nov. Today I was told today that its not being built untill wk 1!!!! Has anyone else had delays like this??
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: delays

Post by trix »

Booson wrote:i ordered my scirocco in july with an estimated delivery time of end Nov. Today I was told today that its not being built untill wk 1!!!! Has anyone else had delays like this??
i've merged your post into the perfect place to discuss it booson as there are plenty of others in your situation, please read through the last half a dozen pages of this topic or so & it should give you some ideas on what questions to ask & who to ask to get some answers

S
Rocco-liam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Black 19" laguno Pack, (full body kit) vw side sills, vw front spolier, vw rear bumper
Confirmed week 2 build
Car is at the dealership waiting for me, pick up 3rd march :)

Post by Rocco-liam »

Booson wrote:i ordered my scirocco in july with an estimated delivery time of end Nov. Today I was told today that its not being built untill wk 1!!!! Has anyone else had delays like this??

I may know the reason for this. I got told
By my dealer that most orders with 19" laguno wheels won't have a build date issued because Volkswagen cannot supply them quick enough. Sucks I know
SimplyGed
In: Deep Black
Options: Folding mirrors, RNS510 DVD Sat Nav, Telephone prep, Rear parking sensors

Post by SimplyGed »

harveyhanson wrote:Well ordered mine on 3rd Sept (standard 140GT with folding wing mirrors, nothing else) - no build date after speaking to VW, they said there is no build date in sight and that I would just have to wait, but they did say that current estimates are cars ordered in September will likely have a 16-20week lead time due to demand, which would lead me til Feb 2011, oh dear!
If you have to wait until Feb, are you able to delay the registration until March and get the new reg? I'm still waiting for my build week, but was wondering what to do if they said I wouldn't get my car until Feb (ordered 22nd Sept). I would be prepared to hang on an extra few weeks for the sake of a 70 plate. Does anyone know if the dealers will do that? Or do they register it as soon as they receive it?
This is not an automated signature. I have to type it in manually every time
Elay
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Rising Blue

Post by Elay »

SimplyGed wrote:I would be prepared to hang on an extra few weeks for the sake of a 70 plate.
that's one hell of a wait... you wont see a 70 plate until 2020 !
Last edited by Elay on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Douchebag

Post by Douchebag »

Rocco-liam wrote:

I may know the reason for this. I got told
By my dealer that most orders with 19" laguno wheels won't have a build date issued because Volkswagen cannot supply them quick enough. Sucks I know
Waiting on wheels? Sounds like BS to me

Call the parts desk & see how much they are & what the availability is like. Would be interesting to see if both sides tell the same story!
harveyhanson
Options: Electronic Folding Door Mirrors

Post by harveyhanson »

SimplyGed wrote:
harveyhanson wrote:Well ordered mine on 3rd Sept (standard 140GT with folding wing mirrors, nothing else) - no build date after speaking to VW, they said there is no build date in sight and that I would just have to wait, but they did say that current estimates are cars ordered in September will likely have a 16-20week lead time due to demand, which would lead me til Feb 2011, oh dear!
If you have to wait until Feb, are you able to delay the registration until March and get the new reg? I'm still waiting for my build week, but was wondering what to do if they said I wouldn't get my car until Feb (ordered 22nd Sept). I would be prepared to hang on an extra few weeks for the sake of a 70 plate. Does anyone know if the dealers will do that? Or do they register it as soon as they receive it?
As was said, it won't be a 70 plate, it will be an 11 plate, then a 61 later on in the year. But I guess if you are willing to wait and ask the dealership to hold off registration then they may do, depends on when they have to register. I personally don't care as its coming from a leasing company so depreciation doesnt really bother me, hope it aint gonna be Feb though, had just about enough of VW taking so long to build a car, honestly how long does it take!
Harv
SimplyGed
In: Deep Black
Options: Folding mirrors, RNS510 DVD Sat Nav, Telephone prep, Rear parking sensors

Post by SimplyGed »

Elay wrote:
SimplyGed wrote:I would be prepared to hang on an extra few weeks for the sake of a 70 plate.
that's one hell of a wait... you wont see a 70 plate until 2020 !
You know what I meant :nod:
This is not an automated signature. I have to type it in manually every time
JG400
In: Viper Green
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

So Booson , what date in July did you order and do you know the date it was accepted by VW ,

e.g. My order was accepted 1 month after I actually placed the order
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

Courtesy car arrived today. Vw passat six weeks before vw contractually required to provide one. More than happy with this particularly as it's costing me nothing. It should also give them an incentive to get the scirocco if they are paying for this hire car.
The Don
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by The Don »

alaska1977 wrote:Courtesy car arrived today. Vw passat six weeks before vw contractually required to provide one. More than happy with this particularly as it's costing me nothing. It should also give them an incentive to get the scirocco if they are paying for this hire car.

How long you been waiting mate?
JG400
In: Viper Green
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

alaska1977 wrote:Courtesy car arrived today. Vw passat six weeks before vw contractually required to provide one. More than happy with this particularly as it's costing me nothing. It should also give them an incentive to get the scirocco if they are paying for this hire car.
And what triggered its arrival? did you demand one? or did it just arrive