Second thoughts on viper

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
rococco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Re: Second thoughts on viper

Post by rococco »

I had the same reservations before buying mine in viper green. I questioned the colour when I saw it in photos, but the moment I saw it in real life I was sold. There is no doubt it's an extremely bold colour, but in a way a striking car like the Scirocco demands a striking colour.

When you're driving it you will know you're in a green car, and you'd better be comfortable with that. Personally I get a kick out of knowing I look a bit outrageous! :D

Just one week in I am loving mine in viper green, but how it is to live with remains to be seen. Will I still love it in a year, or like having bleached hair will I eventually tire of making a statement every day?
viperoc
Options: winter pack and cruise control

Post by viperoc »

Its a colour you deliberately choose and blatantly shove in peoples faces! Nvere regretted it but understand Your doubts will get worse as time progresses. Change now !!
markwiggy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Leather, 19''wheels, sat nav, Dynaudio, cruise, 6cd changer,heated seats, folding mirrors

Post by markwiggy »

viper green ain't for me, just doesn't look anything special on the Roc (IMO). My local audi dealer had a Audi S3 in Viper green or a very similar colour in the showroom, looked absolutely stunning, was very tempted to buy it but was a bit worried about the resale.

Mark
Last edited by markwiggy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djjmcw
With a: Manual box
Options: Focal front speakers, Kenwood rear speakers, Sill protectors, led drl's, Gloss badges & mirrors

Post by Djjmcw »

Thanks again what i'm reading here is anyone who has a VG doesn't regret it and the people who dont didnt for a reason? at least thats what I read in this, could be wrong but I think im going to stick by my choice of VG and enjoy the head turning hehe just thinging you might tire of this but people with them on here dont seem to have.
dougroc
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: heated leather seats

Post by dougroc »

As long as your not shy I think you will love it!
GaryUFM
Options: Panoramic Sunroof
Folding Door Mirrors
DAB Radio
Parking Sensors
Cruise Control

Post by GaryUFM »

I first considered white with sunroof and black wheels, but where I live, 7 times out of 10 the Sciroccos are white.

Only other colours I considered were rising blue (which does look very nice) or red, but by that point I'd not seen many VGs on the road, and the one I'd seen in the dealers looked fantastic. Since then I've seen a few more (typical!), but it's still the colour that turns my head most. Incidentally, red seems to be quite a rare colour, which is a shame, as it does look lovely in red.
stunt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Parking Sensors , Dynaudio

Post by stunt »

All this nonsense about resale - dealers have an excuse for every colour of car.

I think the roc looks most striking in Viper , Rising blue is good colour too, Candy is now very common although the roc does look good in white.

If you want to be pointed at , turning heads , asked questions about the car every where you go then Viper it is.

I had after ordering doubts about Viper but am so glad I didnt change.

I do however wish I had gone for DAB though I couldnt add this after ordering - I did try.
VIPER 2.0 TSI
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

The Roc used to turn heads in every colour in 2008 and 2009, not anymore (around my way).
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

I don't really care about people's heads turning to look at it. I bought it because I personally think it's a stunning car and drives beautifully and that's all that matters to me really. I'm personally happy with my decision so not that bothered about other peoples reaction to the car if that makes sense. Might make the insurance cheaper if it's a little more 'common' for want of a better word. :D
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
panhandle
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Everything bar the panoramic..

Post by panhandle »

Do you wear Burberry?
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Haha... I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. :p
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Djjmcw
Options: Focal front speakers, Kenwood rear speakers, Sill protectors, led drl's, Gloss badges & mirrors

Post by Djjmcw »

panhandle wrote:Do you wear Burberry?
Who?
If me then no, not anymore anyway lol
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

I chose the Viper for various reasons, but personally believe when something different is done to the car (as someone said earlier about being more aggressive) it stands out in 'rocs a lot more.

Whatever you do, if you're concious about "standing out" or want something a bit different, don't get a white. They're bloody everywhere. Close to that is the old Rising Blue. Get it in Silver if you don't want a brash Green!
Hewhore
Options: The option of driving it when Nashers says I can... or she want to thrash my Ed30 around...! or want it cleaned.. or taken to the dealer..etc...

Post by Hewhore »

My Nasher has never regretted getting her Kermit for one second. The first Roc we saw was a rising blue Roc in the showroom and Nasher had to have one!! however when we looked at colour options she immediately fell in love with the Viper.. Anyone who's met her will know how passionate she is about her car and it's colour.. :clap:

GOT FOR IT i say, you won't regret it.. :yippee: :bounce: