Dealer has damaged my Scirocco - now I have crashed!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
gingerscotsman
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Re: Dealer has damaged my Scirocco - now I have crashed!

Post by gingerscotsman »

Thats a bad junction. At least the only thing hurt is your pride. The cars are worth nothing compared to the health of the passengers inside.

And at least it wasn't the Roc or your own insurance!!!!

My friend had a similar accident in a courtesy car a few years back. He paid the excess and that was it. There was no additional premium on his own insurance. They had given him a Vauxhall Agila that looked like postman pats van. He hated it and proceeded to crash it into a post box :) He had learned the valuable lesson that an Agila does not handle like a sporty Vectra!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Lets face it, It could have turned out a lot worse although I know that is probably little comfort right now.

Good to hear there were no serious injuries.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
albertz33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

i have learned this in a hired citreon xara picasso!! nearly trashed it on a few bends yesterday, truly awful piece of pig metal.

i want my Roc :cry:
bennylenny88
In: Candy White
Options: leather pack, floor mats

Post by bennylenny88 »

ouch.. unlucky mate.. how fast were you going? seems a aweful lot of damage :|
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

I was going about 20mph the Merc was going faster.

Went into the dealers today and the guy dealing with it all was spot on actually. We filled in the paperwork, I paid the excess (£250) and that was it.

I just want my Rocco back now :( I am starting to get upset about the damage on that again after seeing it today. What I didn't realise was the passenger side sill was also damaged allthough not as badly. I didn't see that as I visited the bodyshop before the dealers when they told me about the other side.

Took some pics:

They are struggling to grasp the "please do not wash it" as well which is worrying me, I have left a post it note on by the speedo!!
DavidH
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

I'd be pretty upset too, if someone else did that to my car. i wonder how they managed it, maybe it fell of the lift but it looks like they might have accidentally raised the lift before positioning it. either way, that's not good. I hope they get it perfect again for you (they should). man they should be looking very sheepish and apologetic after doing that to a customers car (even though you binned their courtesy car :D ).
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

I have my Rocco back 8) 8) 8) I think I was smiling all the way home, it was just like when I picked it up new!

Having driven a Golf hirecar with work last week, the Tiguan and then my Mum's Accord I had forgotten just how good the Rocco is - welcome home :yes: 8)

The repair is fine, wouldn't say they were the best bodyshop in the world but its ok. I think owing to the fact the repair is so low down and on the "roughish" surface it dosn't show.

The dealer is going to send me a sorry letter and a voucher for a free service - so fair play to them they have been fine (apart from damaging it in the first place).
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

good news adamj hope all the other stuff sorts itself out too, enjoy
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Candy Monster
In: Candy White
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

adamj, pleased you've got the roc back :) . Don't worry about the accident, these things happen! I wrote off my pride and joy before acquiring the roc to replace it. Dreading next years insurance premium but at the end of the day it's only money, people are more important :D

You should see if the dealer will give you a discount on the accessory body kit, I dont like the horrible textured sills anyway! :no: remember shy bairns get no sweets :clap:
rhcp128
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Sumatra

Post by rhcp128 »

Well they did the same thing to my car! :mad: But My dealer didn't tell me and I only saw it today when I washed it!