Anyone else ordered one?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
spamdog
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Re: Anyone else ordered one?

Post by spamdog »

LadyRocR wrote:With previous orders, I have changed the spec before the build date is confirmed. In fact I added my panoramic roof to my GT weeks after ordering it

LadyRocR
x
Is there a way to follow the build, shipping etc on the net aswell?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

no spamdog you can only track your order through your dealer or vw customer services. my dealer emailed me my updates but thats as close as you will get to 'tracking' your order online

S
spamdog
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

oh :(
Thats a shame, so i sit here and wait.
I want my R!!! :cry:
Georgeous
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Talladega Alloys, Vienna Leather, DVD Navigation with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Cruise Control, Phone Prep, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Drivers Seat (Electric)

Post by Georgeous »

Georgeous wrote:
trix wrote:Hi Georgeous

congrats on the decision (nice options :yes: )

S
Thanks, so far it's shaping up to be the best decision I've made in in years :D

GTS
Hi Folks,

I just bought myself a new plate for the forthcoming Roc R.
It must be the bargain of the century, I bagged 'GE03 EGE' from DVLA for only £245 :clap:
I've never thought to buy a personal plate before, but I'm well chuffed with that price :D
The one I dream about is 'G30 RGE' but that was sold at auction for £21,600 :eyepop: a couple of years ago.
In fact I may have another root about and see if I can pick up something nice for the R32 :nod:

Later GTS,
P.S. Can you tell I like the Emoticons on this site ;)
Anakin
In: Candy White
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

Georgeous wrote:
Georgeous wrote:
trix wrote:Hi Georgeous

congrats on the decision (nice options :yes: )

S
Thanks, so far it's shaping up to be the best decision I've made in in years :D

GTS
Hi Folks,

I just bought myself a new plate for the forthcoming Roc R.
It must be the bargain of the century, I bagged 'GE03 EGE' from DVLA for only £245 :clap:
I've never thought to buy a personal plate before, but I'm well chuffed with that price :D
The one I dream about is 'G30 RGE' but that was sold at auction for £21,600 :eyepop: a couple of years ago.
In fact I may have another root about and see if I can pick up something nice for the R32 :nod:

Later GTS,
P.S. Can you tell I like the Emoticons on this site ;)
haha I bought R20 WOB for the same cash for the Rocco, wanted R32 WOB for my R32 but someone wanted a grand for it.
Solar Orange TT RS
LadyRocR
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Post by LadyRocR »

spamdog wrote:2 weeks gone, anyone heard anything yet?
Not yet!

Dealer rang me friday night after I texted him.... he said that he was expecting news on the 14th (yesterday) and would be in touch, I am still waiting so I assume that the news will arrive on a work day. So tomorrow maybe :?

I am actually getting nervous!

LadyRocR
X
Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

Be interesting to see if I get any News on Monday too. Always good to have a reason to get into the office on Monday morning :P
Solar Orange TT RS
martinjrose
In: Deep Black
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

Hey Everyone

Im new here and jusy decided to sell my black 2.0 scirocco gt to get the new R this spec

Scirocco R DSG
19" wheels
Cruise
electric folding door mirrors
hill hold function
Metallic paint
The Nav and Dyneaudio soundpack dont
Parking sensors
Vienna Leather
Auto Glym
GAP

I am in to minds about he colour I really no what to do whether to get black or rising blue, as im not sure the blue is the same as in the press photos???

help??
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

The Blue is the same a the Light Blue available on all Roccos, Some of the Press shots look more like Deep pearl blue ussed on the Golf R32 modles.
Solar Orange TT RS
martinjrose

Post by martinjrose »

yeah for all those options my dealer is quoting me just over 34,000 which i think is crazy
RO55EEE
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, Speaker upgrade.

Post by RO55EEE »

Ordered on 22nd of September !!

Had phone call 5:30 to say I had got one and could I come in tomorrow to arrange spec etc !!
LadyRocR
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Post by LadyRocR »

RO55EEE wrote:Ordered on 22nd of September !!

Had phone call 5:30 to say I had got one and could I come in tomorrow to arrange spec etc !!
OOOOH!! Congrats!

So you placed an order and have just found out that the order is secure i.e one of the 500???

I haven't heard anything today although I only ordered on 1st Nov...... how did your dealer place an R order on 22nd Sept? The ordering process didn't open until 30th did it?? Did he only submit it on 30th?

feeling very nervous now.... :eyepop:

LadyRocR
x
spamdog

Post by spamdog »

Anybody heard anything today?
Anakin

Post by Anakin »

No not heard anything.
+ some @@@#### Keyed my R32 last night :gnash: :?
Solar Orange TT RS
martinjrose

Post by martinjrose »

whats everybodys spec

and how much did you have to pay?
RO55EEE
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, Speaker upgrade.

Post by RO55EEE »

Hi ! Deposit was taken on the 22nd as was informed that 1 other deposit had already been taken. ! Paid the deposit and got a very vague response as to release date etc.

Got phone call today to say come in and sort out spec.

VERY VERY EXCITED !!!!
spamdog

Post by spamdog »

Well, i sorted my spec out when i ordered on the 1st ...i hope your dealer has not only just remembered to put your proper order through?
martinjrose

Post by martinjrose »

would people mind running off the colours they have gone for, im in the middle of black and blue
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Martin

you can see from peoples profiles (on the right of their post) what colour they have gone for, there are a few blue's black's & white's but no green R as yet..

S
Real Thing
Options: 19" Alloys, Black Leather Trim, Sat/Nav. Cruise Control & Electric Drivers Seat

Post by Real Thing »

Only just joined Scirocco central so 1st post (be gentle please :D )
I expressed an interest in a Golf R September 15th with a £500 deposit but as no order book was open then, no dealer (anywhere) could guarantee me a Car got a phone call Friday 30/10/2009 from my local Dealer (who I placed the Deposit with) to say VW were now taken orders for a limited amount (500) and the pricing had been decided so as the only real advantage of the Golf over the Scirocco was the 4wd system and as I already have a EVO X FQ330 with 4wd I asked if I could switch my deposit to the scirocco as they look so much nicer (imo) no problem but I would need to spec it asap as VW need a firm fixed spec order by fax but even than I would still not be guaranteed a Car until VW came back to them was told by the 16th which reading on over forums seems what most were saying (Which has now passed and still not heard anything)
I ordered Candy White DSG with Black Leather 19" Alloys DVD Say/Nav Electric Drivers Seat & Cruise Control (retro fitted as it's cheaper)
Not sure how VW will allocate there orders but as they seem to be more orders than Vehicles available I think some of as may be disappointed and although I may have place a order well before others it still doesn’t place me any nearer the top of the list so good luck everyone and like the rest of you I’m waiting to see if I’ve got an order for the new R :yes: