I Am Bored Of It Already !!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: I Am Bored Of It Already !!

Post by iroc »

gossa wrote:Hi all, my first post so be gentle. Went with a mate today and looked at Roc, TT and Audi A5. Was really interested in the A5 but was offered a killer deal today so placed a deposit on the Roc. The equivelent TT was stupid money and my kids won't fit in the back and the spec of A5 I liked was £30K plus which was pushing it. Personally I think the interior isn't far off the TT, some things I prefer and overall the car was very impressive quality wise.

I never looked under the bonnet but I will when I need to. My criteria is the drive and I drove the DSG at the weekend and loved it. The only dissapointment was that I wanted Xenons on my next car and none have them yet.

I've bought a Black 2.0 GT DSG with leather, panaramic roof and winter pack with only 800 miles on the clock, can't wait to collect.

Look forward to hanging out here.

Gossa
Welcome gossa. Nice choice IMO. :clap:
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Cheers Iroc, black is the only colour that really does it for me and I had to travel from Poole up to Heathrow yesterday just to see one in the flesh (in the pi$$ing rain)!

Seems all the first production demonstrators are up for sale now and dealers seem keen to do some deals, just did the deal at £21,500, car lists at over £25K. A good saving with only 800 miles on it. Definately a buyers market out there.

Would like to put a different set of wheels on there, anyone got any pics of black wheels on a 'roc?
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

gossa wrote:Seems all the first production demonstrators are up for sale now and dealers seem keen to do some deals, just did the deal at £21,500, car lists at over £25K. A good saving with only 800 miles on it. Definately a buyers market out there.
Welcome from me too! (Another black owner...)
Amazing deal you got there, great for you, but kinda upsetting knowing dealers are willing to let them go so cheap.
I paid 27k for mine!
iroc
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Good deal that £3.5k off. Good for you. :yes:

robrob.
Sign of the times mate. :eyepop:
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

iroc wrote:robrob.
Sign of the times mate. :eyepop:
I know I know…
Guess it just makes you wonder whether all these demo’s going cheaply will affect the residuals, but then who cares right now, I love the thing!!! :)
gossa

Post by gossa »

i wouldn't worry about residuals, this dealer must have needed to do some deals, the nearest similar car I could find was £24K and the dealer wouldn't do anything off, my loal dealer also told me to 'rip the dealers arm off', so i did.

Is it tough out there, wouldn't have thought that i'd lose that much money on this one in the short term.

The flip side on any deal is that you never get exactly the spec you want, i would have gone for cruise and xenons so i've saved some dough but also compromsed a bit on spec.

Can't wait to collect, did i say that already?

Gos
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

gossa wrote:i wouldn't worry about residuals, this dealer must have needed to do some deals, the nearest similar car I could find was £24K and the dealer wouldn't do anything off, my loal dealer also told me to 'rip the dealers arm off', so i did.

Is it tough out there, wouldn't have thought that i'd lose that much money on this one in the short term.

The flip side on any deal is that you never get exactly the spec you want, i would have gone for cruise and xenons so i've saved some dough but also compromsed a bit on spec.

Can't wait to collect, did i say that already?

Gos
Good to hear such a great deal! 800 miles as well is very low - was that a demo then as it hasn't done many. I reckon residuals will look good over 12 to 18 months but at the moment I guess there aren't that many people that can get this sort of car. Second hand values will likely recover though. I remember few years back in Loughton, Essex Lamborginis, Ferraris, M3s etc were everywhere... How things change
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

great deal, residuals is a strange thing really, in theory if things pick up in the economy then there will be a shortage of 2 years old cars in a couple of years time, scirocco is not a really mainstream product in terms of numbers so should hopefully recover and may appeal to those downgrading their vehicle, noticed there are 130 used sciroccos for sale on the vw website this morning
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
robrob

Post by robrob »

risingblue1 wrote:
gossa wrote: I reckon residuals will look good over 12 to 18 months but at the moment I guess there aren't that many people that can get this sort of car.
Better then the TT at around 58% over 3 years acording to some (including Glass).
Guess we will see when the time comes to sell...
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

gossa wrote:the spec of A5 I liked was £30K plus which was pushing it.
I was in the exact same boat, not only have you made the right choice but you will love it more than the A5 believe me, especially since the A5 has been out for over a year you wouldn't get that wow factor you will get with the Scirocco given that your getting it so soon.

I pulled up outside my Dads business last night after work and a couple walking by stopped and said "what kind of car is that? Its really nice."
:D < me

The bloke looked as if he wasn't bothered maybe cos he was walking back to a mini lol
danbailey77
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Post by danbailey77 »

Was on the M25 today as every morning and some guy pulled out his camera phone to take a picture whilst we were queuing. Never hada car that could do that!
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

danbailey77 wrote:Was on the M25 today as every morning and some guy pulled out his camera phone to take a picture whilst we were queuing. Never hada car that could do that!
sweet :D
gossa

Post by gossa »

Cheers all, can't wait to get it, did i say that already?

Also just realised i've totally hijacked this thread, oops, sorry!

However, seeing as how I have, where do i see all the accessories for the 'Roc? They don't seem to be on the VW website and I reckon for the deal I got it certainly won't have mats!
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

gossa wrote:However, seeing as how I have, where do i see all the accessories for the 'Roc? They don't seem to be on the VW website and I reckon for the deal I got it certainly won't have mats!
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=2&t=331

No prices though
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

dan - i had that on the M25 yesterday morning too, coming off the M40 at that time it just solid so loads of stares!
gossa

Post by gossa »

iambu wrote:
gossa wrote:However, seeing as how I have, where do i see all the accessories for the 'Roc? They don't seem to be on the VW website and I reckon for the deal I got it certainly won't have mats!
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=2&t=331

No prices though
Ta fella, might just get the car and see how i feel about it. Great forum by the way guys.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

It appears I'm not that bored of it, I got 3 points and £60 fine for speeding ;)
iroc
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

rehmondo wrote:It appears I'm not that bored of it, I got 3 points and £60 fine for speeding ;)
:shake: :shake: :shake:
wullie636
In: Salsa Red
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Post by wullie636 »

rehmondo how fast were you going and was it I one of L&B finest?
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

wullie636 wrote:rehmondo how fast were you going and was it I one of L&B finest?
L&B - I'm not sure what that means?

Anyhows...82 on a 70 was all, freaking mobile speed van on the motorway to Kirkcaldy.

On the papar under Make/Model it says Volkswagen Scirocco GT S-A - anyone know what the S-A means?