Confirmed Week 45 Changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
zenaris
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sunroof | Xenon Lights | Sport Package | ACC | Interlagos Wheels | Leather Truffle | Park distance | Cruise Control | Bluetooth | Tire Pressure |

Re: Confirmed Week 45 Changes

Post by zenaris »

first of all hi to everyone...... well done for your great job

i order my rocco today and from the moment i seen that post i panic :yikes: i am week 51 and i hope to be able to change my order in case of its not the "updated" scirocco
its not fair....
i call him and sent him the post and he said ( i don't know anything about i would let you know us soon us possible)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Welcome Zenaris

if you currently have an approximate build week of 51 you will definitely have the changes discussed in this thread built into your car. I believe your dealer should advise you but don't quote me.

S
SPOGSHD
With a: Manual box
Options: Sunroof, 19" alloys, bluetooth, rear parking senses, folding mirrors, winter pack, Xenon lights, black leather seats, dynaudio.

Post by SPOGSHD »

zenaris wrote:first of all hi to everyone...... well done for your great job

i order my rocco today and from the moment i seen that post i panic :yikes: i am week 51 and i hope to be able to change my order in case of its not the "updated" scirocco
its not fair....
i call him and sent him the post and he said ( i don't know anything about i would let you know us soon us possible)
Hey, I was in your position eight weeks back, it feels great to be a little further down the line, hang in there. ;)
Ordered 18th Aug, now confirmed for week 45
30th Oct, I'm at check point 4, half way through my build.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
At the dealers Fri 20th Nov
zenaris
Options: Sunroof | Xenon Lights | Sport Package | ACC | Interlagos Wheels | Leather Truffle | Park distance | Cruise Control | Bluetooth | Tire Pressure |

Post by zenaris »

My VW dealer just call me.
YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW what he said to me.... :grumpy: :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
its NOT possible to order the "updated" scirocco BECAUSE the upgrades will be available ON THE BLUEMOTION that its not available in Cyprus......
BUT
if they will be any other upgrades he would let me know.... and he move my order in Week-1/2010 :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
Rhino_horn
In: Rising Blue
Options: 19" Wheels, Dynapack, Phone prep, DAB radio, Rear parking sensors.

Post by Rhino_horn »

Just thought I'd let you all know that the German PDF has now been updated to show week 45 specs.

http://www.volkswagen.de/etc/medialib/v ... 200910.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary_Monkey
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Well found Rhino_horn

I've been dying to see what the new a/c controls look like integrated into the dash. One thing that's not clear from the German brochure is whether the dual zone graphics show up on the big colour screen (like in the Passat CC I think). I can see the rear camera graphic (which looks very useful) but no 2zone a/c graphics which would have been really cool.

I wonder if you can retro-fit the rear camera unit or whether its a factory only job? Anyone know?

I thought long and hard about delaying my car's build date (BW 43) so I could have the new a/c head unit. My dealer scared me off in the end. Stories of my car being delayed until next year and going to the back of the queue. Hey-ho.

My feeling is that VW should have included all these features in the MY2010 updates. I don't know why they left it until now. It's more like MY2010.5. Poor show really.

Gaz_Cheeky_Monkey
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
alymac
Options: dvd nav, dynaudio,cruise,parking sensors,leather,19"s,

Post by alymac »

rear view camera would be nice whens the latter date,? week 45?

On the radio or navigation display is the real-live display of the rear view
"Rear Assist" played. Through is a clear view behind the vehicle, the
Parking so improved and simplified.
Begins at a later date.
Figure shows "RCD 510". Only in conjunction with Radio "RCD 510" radio navigation system, or "RNS 510".
ReubenGT
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Truffle Leather, DVD SatNav with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Floor Mats

PLUS

Fiscon Bluetooth & Racingline Short Shift Kit

Post by ReubenGT »

Hi all, so can I just confirm that all these changes are made to all cars assembled from (and including) week 45? regardless of date of order and other things??? I am build date 9th Nov (Monday wk 46) and I'd like them!!!
SPOGSHD
Options: Sunroof, 19" alloys, bluetooth, rear parking senses, folding mirrors, winter pack, Xenon lights, black leather seats, dynaudio.

Post by SPOGSHD »

ReubenGT wrote:Hi all, so can I just confirm that all these changes are made to all cars assembled from (and including) week 45? regardless of date of order and other things??? I am build date 9th Nov (Monday wk 46) and I'd like them!!!
You got them :clap:
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
LadyRocR
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Post by LadyRocR »

oliverD wrote:Does anyone know if LED running lights (like those on the R model) will be another addition as part of the week 45 changes, even if you don't have xenons?

I read somewhere that from 2010 all cars produced in the EU will have to have them. Would be a nice finishing touch
The current daytime running lights on the Roc meet the EU standards apparantly. No need for LEDs - although these are coming as standard on the R - just a flashy upgrade I suppose (aka Audi). Dealers can disable them if an owner chooses, but they cannot be reconnected. No idea why not though! I enquired as the yellow DRLs look rubbish with my BiXenons :cry:

Love ladyRocR
x
pat15312
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Post by pat15312 »

change your sidelight bulbs to phillips bluevision then :)
222bhp & 340Nm
Richard99
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, winter pack, DVD nav, dyn upgrade,
rear sensors,19" Lugano wheels, cruise control,
electric folding mirrors,

Post by Richard99 »

Has anyone seen the week 45 changes in cars now built? My car was built in week 44 so have missed out if vw are doing anything- however spoke to my dealer who swears they know nothing about changes other than engine upgrade on petrol 2.0l. Will the week 45 updates apply to the tdi 170?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

week 45 (this week) built cars won't arrive in the uk until around about week 47 richard.

S
SPOGSHD

Post by SPOGSHD »

trix wrote:week 45 (this week) built cars won't arrive in the uk until around about week 47 richard.

S
Bet there here next week :D
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

No week 45 cars will have arrived in the UK yet. Mine is a week 46 and should be here in early December. I'll be sure to post in-depth info and pics when is gets here!
alymac
Options: dvd nav, dynaudio,cruise,parking sensors,leather,19"s,

Post by alymac »

just thinking out loud here, week 45 cars could have been started build on week 44 say. so if finshed on week 45 on monday would it have the changes?
surly it would be all car starting after 45 ie on the monday, would we see some week 45 with the changes and some not? :shrug:
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

alymac wrote:just thinking out loud here, week 45 cars could have been started build on week 44 say. so if finshed on week 45 on monday would it have the changes?
surly it would be all car starting after 45 ie on the monday, would we see some week 45 with the changes and some not? :shrug:
If you want to use that case, the components on mine for Wk43 range mainly from 01/09/09 through to 16/10/09. I'm inclined to read VW's "Wk45" new revision as any car finishing production checks and exiting the factory during Wk45. We''ll to see how it pans out.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
SPOGSHD

Post by SPOGSHD »

I asked customer services if mine had the update's and they said it had, but what do they know.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
Richard99
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, winter pack, DVD nav, dyn upgrade,
rear sensors,19" Lugano wheels, cruise control,
electric folding mirrors,

Post by Richard99 »

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one currently left not knowing for sure! Spogshd it will be very interesting to see if you get any updates. Can't see me being very happy with vw if this is the case. I'll await with interest when the week 45 cars are delivered.
mordred1973
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

hmmm shame the 2zone climate controls appear to have gone from nice clear .5 degree digital displays to cheap looking illuninated turn knobs, which look like a standard non climate controlled heater system.....looks a considerable downgrade to the interior to me....

has changed my mind over waiting to find an ex demo 210ps now, think I'll look for a late 200ps for the nicer interior as I'm sure the performance difference won't really be noticeable on the road anyway?