Android head unit to replace RNS510

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
GeoffT
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors from factory. Added RNS 510 and Fiscon Bluetooth. Replaced RNS510/Fiscon BT with Eway842P Android headunit

Re: Android head unit to replace RNS510

Post by GeoffT »

I am not exactly sure now (I thought it was from Ebay but can't find one in my purchase history). I know that the simple dual fakra one that I already had didn't work and I had to get one designed to work with the diversity antenna system on the Roc.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
Darrenmc168
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black

Re: Android head unit to replace Rns510 perfect radio recept

Post by Darrenmc168 »

GeoffT thanks for the heads up, the radio is a non starter so followed your advice re: take phone with tasker and WiFi hotspot and it worked pretty good, so I bought a MIFI and created a WiFi hotspot in the car and it is fantastic, Radio is perfect, Internet is quick, and watching T.V on it is great through the internet. Thanks again buddy :)
Dongers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black

Re: Android head unit to replace RNS510

Post by Dongers »

OK, so I know I'm reviving a (reasonably) old thread but interested in replacing my standard VW head unit with an Android unit, so it is all related! :)

Anyone had any experience with either of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Car-Stereo ... 418e072675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Flat-Screen ... 3f435051bd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Particularly interested in the second one, as have found the manufacturer (or at least one of them) on alibaba.com and think I can pick one up direct from them for around £200

Cheers

Dongers