TWEETER

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
tweeter
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box

Re: TWEETER

Post by tweeter »

trix wrote:This becoming more build/show thread than newbie so I've popped it into the show room
I guess this is also an upgrade on the project, thank you.
Pedro Rosendo

wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i do love that colour and the car is absolutely stunning but the R badges should only be used on the real deal :)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
snapey
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue

Post by snapey »

tweeter wrote: my SCIROCCO will have more than a remap and it will be more than you get on a standard "R", that's for sure, so I'm keeping the badges.
I'm not doubting that for a second, but just because you've stuck on some bigger brakes, an uprated clutch etc, doesn't mean it becomes an R or any other variant for that matter.
f_mania

Post by f_mania »

hi tweeter it's good see you around where...i've already commented your project on the portuguese scirocco's forum and that colour is simply beautifful...
snapey wrote:
tweeter wrote: my SCIROCCO will have more than a remap and it will be more than you get on a standard "R", that's for sure, so I'm keeping the badges.
I'm not doubting that for a second, but just because you've stuck on some bigger brakes, an uprated clutch etc, doesn't mean it becomes an R or any other variant for that matter.
the ideia if i'm not wrong it to swap the engine the R's engine or if he can't find one change the turbo-charger, remap and something else...so more or less became an R...
because the bigger diference between the 2.0 and the R is the look and the engine with the k04 turbo...
tweeter

Post by tweeter »

I'm thinking of getting an AUDI 5 cylinder 300hp engine, from a TTRS, under the hood and then drop the badges.

Did someone already done this? Technically its possible, on the engine room issue it's also simple by moving the battery to the trunk, now that's empty...
Pedro Rosendo

Ryy
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Still doesn't make sense you keeping the R badges. It's still Not an R.

Put an RS badge on there. At least then It'll be a Scirocco RS which is anything it can be as there isn't one!