What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
meerkat1991
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Auto lights and wipers, xenons, Vienna leather heated seats and door cards, ddc, pano roof, 18" interlagos, folding mirrors, park pilot, flat bottom multi func steering wheel, tinted windows, R body kit, 3" milltek cat back

Re: What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Post by meerkat1991 »

Gave her a service, did oil and filter, air, pollen and fuel filter. Didn't bother with the plugs as it's only done 4k since its last full service. And considering its had 6 sets of plugs over 5k miles I didn't see the point! Used all genuine parts including oil. Also tried to do a few VCDS tweaks which was a fail! Never mind!
The fuel was dirty on the outlet side of the filter, other than that still like new ImageImageImageImage
Dast1g
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White

Post by Dast1g »

This happened :hyper: :hyper: .....

So after waiting 2 weeks and being told the AP's never left Germany i went with the 21 click damper adjustable VMAXX XXtreme coil overs. Comfort is just :yes: :clap:
happy with my purchase.

Instagram @dast1g :nod :nod: :nod:
therealtimmsy

Post by therealtimmsy »

easyrider wrote:painted my back box black cos i was sick of seeing it poking out in photos. ocd? me? errrr...
get the backbox removed! looks alot better! :lol:
AxG
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Full leather, HT Splitter, Dectane DRL's, AP coilovers, 19" Porsche 911 alloys, cc'd side strips and badges.

Post by AxG »

Cleaned my plastic trim with olive oil !

Here's a half and half of the grill
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431273546.860352.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mazzie_baby
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue

Post by mazzie_baby »

Went to North Weald and met some other Roccers there. Fun in the sun!

@mazzie_baby

Follow Dolly's build thread here.... http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
easyrider
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

mazzie_baby wrote:Went to North Weald and met some other Roccers there. Fun in the sun!

yh, only went to take some pictures cos it turned out to be *american* mothers' day so i got the day off, an hour later and there are four of us then soon after that we're watching drag racing. can honestly say i didn't see that coming! roll on summer.

Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
jackhay
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather seats, parking sensors, carbon dash trim

Post by jackhay »

Took it to my local indie to trace a bad rattle from the rear suspension. It was loud enough that pedestrians would stare at the car as I drove past. We got the car on the hoist and quickly found the offside rear spring had broken, about 10cm from the bottom end, and the broken off part was resting on the suspension arm (which has a U-shaped cross-section) where it was rattling around and was never going to fall out. Removed the broken piece and ordered two new rear springs (£75 each, ouch). Probably not vitally necessary to replace either spring as only 10cm is missing but I don't know what other damage may have been done to the spring in the incident that snapped it, so decided it was wise, and gotta replace both sides together otherwise car will not sit straight. Afterwards took the car out for a run (still safe enough to drive, only 10cm missing) and not only had the low speed rattle gone but at higher speed the car was quieter than it has ever been. The broken bit of spring was pretty rusty on the broken surface so I suspect it was broken when I bought the car 8 months ago and has always been rattling a little, but recently has moved and been rattling more loudly. Never had a broken spring on another car in 35 years of motoring, so not impressed, but I admit I don't know the full history of my Roc.
KarmaSumatra

Post by KarmaSumatra »

AxG wrote:Cleaned my plastic trim with olive oil !
WTF? That will be nice when it goes rancid!

Why not use a proper plastic dressing? Something like Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel?
selleym
Options: Mirror Pack

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

These arrived today! Looks Huge when not on the car!
To be fitted tomorrow :) :clap:

KarmaSumatra

Post by KarmaSumatra »

Good choice on the tyres - I'm going for them next. When I bought my car the dealer put Triangles on my front wheels, and left the heavily UV damaged originals on the back. :grumpy:
selleym

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

Getting the new shoes fitted today! + MOT + Service + Air-con service + Brake Fluid Change + Maybe Warranty work
AxG
Options: Full leather, HT Splitter, Dectane DRL's, AP coilovers, 19" Porsche 911 alloys, cc'd side strips and badges.

Post by AxG »

Engram wrote:
AxG wrote:Cleaned my plastic trim with olive oil !
WTF? That will be nice when it goes rancid!

Why not use a proper plastic dressing? Something like Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel?
Honestly it works, got rid of polish stains that nothing else would remove !
Looks like brand new.

selleym

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

selleym wrote:Getting the new shoes fitted today! + MOT + Service + Air-con service + Brake Fluid Change + Maybe Warranty work
Drum roll please...

The courtesy car is a
1.0 Litre Petrol Polo
60hp
blistering 0-60 time of 15.5 seconds.

Haha trying to pull onto a roundabout was pretty dam scary!
easyrider
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

selleym wrote:These arrived today! Looks Huge when not on the car!
To be fitted tomorrow :) :clap:
great tyres, my favourites so far by miles!
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

changed the wing mirror lights to led units. no more halogen on the outside. lllllluuuuuuussshhh
Dongers

Post by Dongers »

Played around with my new Android head unit....."Ok Google....start play music app"

Reversing cam goes in on Sat.... :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Dongers

Post by Dongers »

easyrider wrote:
mazzie_baby wrote:Went to North Weald and met some other Roccers there. Fun in the sun!

yh, only went to take some pictures cos it turned out to be *american* mothers' day so i got the day off, an hour later and there are four of us then soon after that we're watching drag racing. can honestly say i didn't see that coming! roll on summer.

Was there sommat special going on there...? I'm only down the road and if knew there was a meet going on would have stopped by....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
AxG

Post by AxG »

easyrider wrote:changed the wing mirror lights to led units. no more halogen on the outside. lllllluuuuuuussshhh
Pics ! :)

Where you get the unit from?

easyrider

Post by easyrider »

AxG wrote:
easyrider wrote:changed the wing mirror lights to led units. no more halogen on the outside. lllllluuuuuuussshhh
Pics ! :)

Where you get the unit from?

units from ebay, AXG, links and pics here: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

Dongers wrote:Was there sommat special going on there...? I'm only down the road and if knew there was a meet going on would have stopped by....
It was run what you brung day, think there's another one 6th or 7th of next month. Pretty sure a bunch of us will be going, keep your eye on the meets section on here...