What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
CleanDiesel
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by CleanDiesel »

flashash wrote:
CleanDiesel wrote:Being moved to Emden?

Mine just sat whilst the most recent ship to Emden came and left. It seems they have two running to the Portugal port straight to the UK (one a week).

I guess I'll find out over the weekend if mines on this City of Barcelona, I can't see why it wouldn't be. Imagine yours would be too.
I hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boat is moored there now, guess it will just be loading up and heading back, expected to land in Sheerness on Monday afternoon so Grimsby Tuesday and Tyne on Wednesday, depending where you are.

You watch neither of our cars will be on the bleeding thing.
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Ooh don't say that . Be worth ringing on Monday maybe

CleanDiesel
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Post by CleanDiesel »

Looks as though I missed the boat, no stage 5b this morning. I'm getting impatient lol.

A week it's been sitting there now watching the ships come and go. Some peoples have been getting on boats a day or two after build, always my luck. Fingers crossed it gets here before summer. :grumpy:
flashash
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

CleanDiesel wrote:Looks as though I missed the boat, no stage 5b this morning. I'm getting impatient lol.

A week it's been sitting there now watching the ships come and go. Some peoples have been getting on boats a day or two after build, always my luck. Fingers crossed it gets here before summer. :grumpy:
Got a 5a text this morning vehicle in transport

Dazarooni
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Dazarooni »

CleanDiesel wrote:Looks as though I missed the boat, no stage 5b this morning. I'm getting impatient lol.

I wouldn't worry about not getting a 5b text. I never got one and I don't think folk get them these days. I'm just looking through my texts from VW.

18 Sept: Your order has progressed to stage 5a of 7 (in transit: left factory)

3 Oct: Your order has progressed to stage 6 of 7 (arrived in the UK)

9 October: you order has progressed to stage 7 of 7 (your car has arrived)

Customer services will be able to find out if your car is currently on a ship. However, they speak to an internal team whilst they put you on hold and find out. The team which deals with this only work Mon - Fri so if I were you, I'd call customer services Monday morning and you will know if your car is on a ship. I am guessing that it is.
JonSchick
In: Night Blue
Options: GT with cruise control

Post by JonSchick »

I never got any texts despite signing up for them twice. The online tracker seemed to be reasonably up to date when it was working though.
flashash

Post by flashash »

Anyone else let us know how long since 5a text to delivery cheers

CleanDiesel

Post by CleanDiesel »

I hope so, I was happy to wait til late January until I got the text to say it'd been built :D

I never should have touched the tracker haha
flashash

Post by flashash »

CleanDiesel wrote:I hope so, I was happy to wait til late January until I got the text to say it'd been built :D

I was the same, prepared to wait but now I know it's built it seems more real. Hoping for it by the end of the month. Not sure if it will though.

flashash

Post by flashash »

CleanDiesel wrote:I hope so, I was happy to wait til late January until I got the text to say it'd been built :D

Any news on yours?

CleanDiesel

Post by CleanDiesel »

Nothing yet, how about yours?
flashash

What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by flashash »

Phoned yesterday was told it's not at the port yet which is in Spain? And could take 4 weeks

flashash

Post by flashash »

Spoke to vw again. They said car currently being transported to emden then ships to uk from there

JonSchick
In: Night Blue
Options: GT with cruise control

Post by JonSchick »

Sounds good - the trip from Emden is pretty quick so hope you have some good news soon. They obviously use a variety of different routes (mine went from Portugal to Spain and then came direct from Santander to Sheerness). Off to the dealer to sort out paperwork tomorrow and should be picking it up next week :-)
flashash

Post by flashash »

Excellent

CleanDiesel

Post by CleanDiesel »

Seems a load of faff when they have a boat going direct from Portugal to UK once a week.

I'll ring them in a bit, mine must have missed that other boat as it must have been and gone by now and no stage 6.

I might ring VW in a bit see what they say.
CleanDiesel

Post by CleanDiesel »

Just rang up, my cars in the UK.

I need it now! Is there a website you can use to track vehicle transporters down the M1?

Landing at Tyne, seems strange as I'm in the Midlands. Would have thought it would have got off at Grimsby.
Dazarooni
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Dazarooni »

CleanDiesel wrote:Just rang up, my cars in the UK.

I need it now! Is there a website you can use to track vehicle transporters down the M1?

Landing at Tyne, seems strange as I'm in the Midlands. Would have thought it would have got off at Grimsby.
As I said, your car was probably on a ship even though you didn't get the text and I was right.
flashash

Post by flashash »

Excellent. So hard to wait now

flashash

Post by flashash »

11 days from 5a text till uk is that right ?