What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
04philj
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by 04philj »

Can anyone here thats ordered a 1.4 125ps roc tell me how the cars been so far? Does it pull alright?

Thanks
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Dazarooni wrote:Possibly, would it really make that much difference?

My car is being delivered tomorrow morning............ :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
post some pics when you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

flashash wrote:

It arrived this morning, I'm still lost for words. It is such an incredible looking car!!! I get serious butterflies looking at it and even thinking about it!. I'll post some pics over the weekend when I've washed and waxed it. To say I am chuffed is an understatement!!! :vibes: :hyper:
w33don
In: Pure White

Post by w33don »

ordered my Scirocco R in Pure White on 29th august, been tracking it since on the online tracker and cant wait for it to arrive now! confirmed production week was 12/10/2015 but hasnt jumped to build in progress yet :( hope its just going to skip the step rather then a delay! from what people have said (4 weeks from build date to delivery) im hoping for it around the second week of november!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Most people miss out the build in progress stage and jump straight to built and left the factory. The text notifications seem to be sent in the mornings around 845am
w33don
In: Pure White

Post by w33don »

Thanks for the heads up. Hope your more then happy with yours and can't wait to see some pictures
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Thanks w33don. Yes I'm loving my Roc and will stick a few pics up later today or tomorrow :yes:
Wazzaroc
I drive a: R-Line
Options: 2.0TSI (180), Xenons, Rear view camera, Keyless entry, 90% tint, Badge deletion. Electric folding mirrors, Dynaudio. Vienna leather.
Mods: pressed plates and H@R lowering springs (35mm) Miltek exhaust

Post by Wazzaroc »

Dazarooni wrote:
flashash wrote:

It arrived this morning, I'm still lost for words. It is such an incredible looking car!!! I get serious butterflies looking at it and even thinking about it!. I'll post some pics over the weekend when I've washed and waxed it. To say I am chuffed is an understatement!!! :vibes: :hyper:
Dazza just see this!!!!

So glad your happy. Beautiful cars ain't they!! I still feel like that about mine. Can't wait for those pictures. :clap:
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Cheers Wazza :D

The door rattles a bit on certain road types which is a bit annoying. When I push it the rattle stops. It is a metal sounding rattle. Must be to do with the door latch. White lithium grease hasn't helped. I've read somewhere to try electrical tape around the stopper so will try that before considering getting it fixed under warranty.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

w33don wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Hope your more then happy with yours and can't wait to see some pictures
flashash wrote:Will value not be better 65 2016 rather than 2015

Wazzaroc wrote:Looking at 4-6 weeks max! Think mine was 3 or 4 weeks until I picked her up
I've added some pics in the "showroom section" :)
flashash
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Looks great congrats

mikezero
In: Indium Grey
Options: 19" Talladega, Leather Interior, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Xenons, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, MIBII, Pana Sunroof, Park Assist, Winter Pack, DCC, RV Camera, Rear 90% tint, Car Net, Voice Activation.

Post by mikezero »

My new build has just arrived in the UK. All being well I should have her by the end of the month.
flashash

Post by flashash »

Edge of your seat stuff

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

mikezero wrote:My new build has just arrived in the UK. All being well I should have her by the end of the month.
Should only take a day or 2 to clear customs and then another 4-5 days to arrive at your dealer. :yes:
04philj

Post by 04philj »

Dazarooni wrote:Cheers Wazza :D

The door rattles a bit on certain road types which is a bit annoying. When I push it the rattle stops. It is a metal sounding rattle. Must be to do with the door latch. White lithium grease hasn't helped. I've read somewhere to try electrical tape around the stopper so will try that before considering getting it fixed under warranty.

Dazarooni, did you get the 1.4 TSI 125? looking to get a 1.4 and was wondering how powerful it is? how does it pull can you feel it? Saw your car on the showroom forum, looking great !! :yes:
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

04philj wrote:

Dazarooni, did you get the 1.4 TSI 125? looking to get a 1.4 and was wondering how powerful it is? how does it pull can you feel it? Saw your car on the showroom forum, looking great !! :yes:
Hi Phil,

Yes I got the TSI 125 with the only extra being Interlagos alloys. I've come from a 1.2 Polo with 60 bhp so the roc is like a rocket compared to that! :p

The 125 is no slouch. It might be the slowest of all the Scirocco engines but it's still quick compared to your average car. Good MPG too. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :yes:
JonSchick
In: Night Blue
Options: GT with cruise control

Post by JonSchick »

Good to hear - I'm also getting the 125 and assume after my 1.2/70BHP Polo it'll feel quite speedy! Even thought it's the slowest Scirocco it will be the fastest car I've owned and looks like a good compromise between pace and economy (at least equal to if not better than the Polo if the figs are to be believed). The only extra I went for is cruise control, which I found surprisingly useful on the Polo (I do quite a lot of motorway driving). Hope you're enjoying the new car!

Jon
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

JonSchick wrote:Good to hear - I'm also getting the 125 and assume after my 1.2/70BHP Polo it'll feel quite speedy! Even thought it's the slowest Scirocco it will be the fastest car I've owned and looks like a good compromise between pace and economy (at least equal to if not better than the Polo if the figs are to be believed). The only extra I went for is cruise control, which I found surprisingly useful on the Polo (I do quite a lot of motorway driving). Hope you're enjoying the new car!

Jon
The car certainly feels much much brisker than what I'm used to. The seats are very comfortable. I chose the 18 inch Interlagos alloys so the ride is firmer than what I'm used to with the 14 inch Polo wheels.

I'm certainly enjoying the car. I had an issue with a rattly driver door which is better now. I put some lithium grease in the latch and when I close the door from inside and push against it firmly and briefly, the rattle can't be heard for the journey.

I still can't get over how good the car looks. I know looks are subjective but this is the best looking car on the road by far... In my opinion :)
CleanDiesel
In: Indium Grey
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Post by CleanDiesel »

04philj wrote:

You sound like you're concerned with power. If you are, don't do it, wait til a 200 or better a 220ps tsi is within your budget (avoid the 180ps it's shite).

I have a 12 year old 2.3L 20v golf which recently dyno'd at 124bhp, it breezed past a remapped (apparently remapped to 150bhp) golf se with the 1.4 122.

There is far better value for money out there if power is a concern. Look at older cars with lower prices and spend the difference on insurance if you want to be fast. The BAM engined mk1 S3 is a fine car capable of 300bhp+. There's a starting point. In fact you could probably buy and insure a Porsche Boxter S for a few years for the same price a low power scirocco would cost.

If you want a great looking modern car and aren't remotely bothered about being fast, go for the scirocco.
JSH

Post by JSH »

w33don wrote:ordered my Scirocco R in Pure White on 29th august, been tracking it since on the online tracker and cant wait for it to arrive now! confirmed production week was 12/10/2015 but hasnt jumped to build in progress yet :( hope its just going to skip the step rather then a delay! from what people have said (4 weeks from build date to delivery) im hoping for it around the second week of november!
I ordered mine on the same date and got a build week od 12/10 - its now at the dealers