Returning car at end of PCP

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
boardlord
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather Interior, Mats

Returning car at end of PCP

Post by boardlord »

Hi,
Looking for a bit of advice regarding the return of our car at the end of the PCP agreement.

The car is spotless and well within mileage but has had an insurance claim of £8k for flood damage during our ownership, the insurance company paid everything and it was repaired at our local main dealer.

Just wondering if it will come up on HPI and also if it will have any influence on the residual value?

Ben
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Returning car at end of PCP

Post by Cuprabob »

Why don't you just pay a few quid and do a HPI check yourself and see what comes up.

You can be sure if there is anything recorded against it the lease company will try and use it to reduce the value.
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Cuprabob wrote:Why don't you just pay a few quid and do a HPI check yourself and see what comes up.
QFT
too hot
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: DAB Radio,Dynaudio Speakers,Lots of LED lights,Scirocco mats,Eibach springs.premium sills.19"BBS CK, REVO,Front window tints.

Post by too hot »

I would say that if the insurance company has had it repaired,then it will not be written off.
There should be no record of this on an HPI check.
If they recorded everytime a car was in an accident or damaged there would be no clear cars on the road!!
REVO VIPER 2.0 TSI