Spot the Roc

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
dunbruin
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pyramid Gold
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro seats
Panoramic roof

Spot the Roc

Post by dunbruin »

Having ordered my Scirocco last week and faced with a 400 mile drive from Waterlooville to Northumberland, I thought I'd play spot the Roc on the journey. Spotted 4 (2 white and 2 black). I'm not sure what to conclude from this: (a) Black sciroccos are as numerous as white ones, (b) Sciroccos are quite rare, or (c) I need to get out more. I'll see how the return journey compares next week. Comments?
animaluus
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Cruise control, Park pilot, Adaptive chassis control, Multi-function display Premium, MEDIA-IN with iPod adapter cable, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Privacy glass, Keyless Access, Mirror package, Winter package

Re: Spot the Roc

Post by animaluus »

All Sciroccos... Black, White, ... are rare for guys who spend most of their time inside. :D
Last edited by animaluus on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
:rlogo:
Mac135
In: Indium Grey
Options: Pana roof, sat nav and dynaudio

Post by Mac135 »

Option c might be the right answer but statistically i think you saw too many black rocs when you should have seen a rising blue.
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

There are a few in my area now, must have been impressed when seeing mine. Couple of days ago parked by very dirty Indium Grey next to a very clean black. When we came back to the car there was a very clean white parked next to the black one. My missus said ''look it's a Roc-cery''. But only one has a very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot.
dunbruin
Panoramic roof

Post by dunbruin »

Didn't see any Sciroccos with Cockers on the return journey (did see a few rovers, though!). Seriously, saw another four on the way home (2 whites, 1 black and 1 blue). Regardless, seeing so few of them has reinforced that I made the right choice. Next step is to contact the dealer tomorrow to see how the recent spec changes will impact my order.
Andy5128
With a: Manual box
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Sounds like you ordered yours about the same time as mine(ordered 10th March from memory). Being told June still although no more official than that so no build date etc as yet. Spoke with dealer and still quoting for June with spec changes so fingers crossed it doesn't cause any delays. Dealer is going to email me with updates every coupe of weeks until nearer the delivery date and will then call with more info.
dunbruin
Panoramic roof

Post by dunbruin »

June? That's excellent. I ordered at the end of March and am looking at about 18 weeks (so, some time in August). If that doesn't change then I'll probably hang on a couple more weeks and get the car with a 62 plate.