Scirocco R Invasion Down Under

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Mac135
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Pana roof, sat nav and dynaudio

Re: Scirocco R Invasion Down Under - Build Thread

Post by Mac135 »

Good pics-a little too lowered for my taste. CW with the dark wheels looks brilliant though
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
Rev 555
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by Rev 555 »

I agree - I have raised the rear twice already as the coils are still settling and its still dropping. I am happy with the front though.
Thommohawk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by Thommohawk »

Very very nice!
Current - Audi S5 4.2 Quattro V8 See here...
Now Sold - VW Scirocco 2.0GT TSI, Rising Blue, VW Bodykit, H&R Springs, Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite 'Vienna' Leather Interior, Scirocco R Pedals See here...

L I V E S T R O N G
scott.taylor
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by scott.taylor »

Very nice ! :)
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

Rev 555 wrote:I agree - I have raised the rear twice already as the coils are still settling and its still dropping. I am happy with the front though.
Yep, the front looks spot on.
Scirocco R- Indium c/w DSG, pana roof, dynaudio and sat/nav. A happy owner since April 2012
shamma1977

Post by shamma1977 »

Sir! I want to congratulate you on this absolutely SICK lookin Rocco!!

Like the rest, I love what you've done and the fact that you raised the car up a bit (please post new pics when able).

Do you know how the stock 19" compare with the ones you have on now? I'm very impressed that you managed 265's all around. I assume you experience no rubbing of any kind?

What made you go for HPA add-on as oppose to APR?

Looking forward to hear back from you :)
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

shamma1977 wrote:Sir! I want to congratulate you on this absolutely SICK lookin Rocco!!

Like the rest, I love what you've done and the fact that you raised the car up a bit (please post new pics when able).

Do you know how the stock 19" compare with the ones you have on now? I'm very impressed that you managed 265's all around. I assume you experience no rubbing of any kind?

What made you go for HPA add-on as oppose to APR?

Looking forward to hear back from you :)
Hi mate thanks for the compliments I enjoy playing with my cars. No new photos to share but more next week.

I personally like the look of the 19's Talladegas however they are too conservative a set up for a car like the Scirocco with those wide arches. The stock wheel is 19 x 8 ET41 running 235/35 rubber and just didn't fill out the car enough. My current set up is the most agrressive you can have on the car with 19 x 9.5 ET35 and running 265/30 tires. Apart from the aesthetics (see pic below) it now gives me a huge amount of grip for the power I am planning to run at the front wheels. The wider track compliments the rest of the suspension upgrade. The car handled well before but now its something else. As I mentioned in my thread earlier the current wheels are lighter by over a 1kg each corner further reducing weight.

Rubbing - I get none at the front with the current set up and the coilovers are wound down about half way (even when I have pushed the car hard) however the rear catches occasionally very slightly on bad roads on an annoying piece of lip at the rear of the wheel arch. Australian cars came out with a funny litlle flared piece of platsic guard to meet Australian standards but easily removed but exposes this piece of lip. I plan to have this lip pushed back shortly when I get a chance but its' not bothering me enough yet. I will probably roll the front guards as well at the same time to be safe as I plan to track the car occasionally.

In addition I am running -2.75 camber at the rear. Quite aggressive but you cant have it both ways. I thought of running a 255/35 rubber but decided against it. :D

The Michelins are an exceptional tyre and much more comfortbale than the Bridgestone Potenza's RE050 it replaced.

Tune choice - Now thats a hard one. I have always been a GIAC boy myself and I thought a change would be good as I like the plan HPA have with a future 'product' release. I like the power delivery curve and better mid range of the HPA tunes. It also matches the DSG tune I have. The power delivery is more consistent throughout the RPM range. I cannot comment on APR tunes as I have never experienced it. Then it comes down to reliability, service and reputation of the tuner. HPA also tune the cars individually i.e not one code fits all approach. I am also waiting on HPA to finish testing a product before I put the rest of my engine mods on. There is a fair bit go gear sitting in storage to go on.
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

.....with Cup Spoiler

turboyuppie
In: Reflex Silver

Post by turboyuppie »

Monster Car :clap:
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

Looking good....have you settled the ride height now? Love the black roof and wheels with the CW
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

Mac135 wrote:Looking good....have you settled the ride height now? Love the black roof and wheels with the CW
Not quite. The rear left can go up another 10mm and that would be it. Been monitoring the height weekly and will continue to do so until I reach consistentcy I seem to get variances of 2-3mm each time I measure it
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

roccoSVK
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 208 PS 340Nm
Wimmer hand made double pipe exhaust system.
Wimmer chip, KN sport filter, HR springs 25mm
Alpine Ine-S900R all in one unit,
Magnat Selection Reference 216 speakers, front and back one digital mono amp. and two two chanel magnat black core amp.
two magnat ad 300 series II woofers.

Post by roccoSVK »

great ! How much for wheel ? :)
OK my babe is here from work out session :)
Rev 555

Re: Scirocco R Invasion Down Under

Post by Rev 555 »

roccoSVK wrote:great ! How much for wheel ? :)
Hi there you will need to contact these guys directly for a price. They make some really cool wheels so check out their page and drool at their gallery of cars....

http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/home.php

My wheels are the ADV 8.1's ... :yes:
Mac135

Post by Mac135 »

I like the wheels personally i like the 7.1 which i think have a larger hub area than you 8.1's but I think I would be happy to have most of their designs on a car I owned
CruiZer
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Dark Oak

Post by CruiZer »

Amazing car :nod: :clap:
animaluus
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Cruise control, Park pilot, Adaptive chassis control, Multi-function display Premium, MEDIA-IN with iPod adapter cable, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Privacy glass, Keyless Access, Mirror package, Winter package

Post by animaluus »

Nice looking car.
Love the spoiler :speechless: and the rims.
:rlogo:
Andy5128
Options: Rear Parking Sensors

Post by Andy5128 »

Looks great....
lloyd daniel
Options: pano roof , dynoaudio , leather seats

Post by lloyd daniel »

whats the full name of those wheels? :D look amazing
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

Its been incredibly wet in Sydney but never miss an opportunity for a good photo. Thanks Daniel.