What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Nuclear Fusion
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, winter pack, folding mirrors and cruise control

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by Nuclear Fusion »

Car finally arrived in country, ship came from Spain packed with vw polos,picked some scirrocos up in Portugal and straight on to uk to Tyne. Getting delivered to dealer Monday , pick up wed :yes: mine was build week 3 so maybe another 3 weeks on yours, enjoy when you get it! :hyper:
Daz85UK
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking Sensors & Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by Daz85UK »

Thanks for the info, not going to pick it up till mid March regardless as I am going on holiday at the end of Feb and I want 12 plate.
runmcleod
Options: Winter pack
Cruise control
Parking sensors

Post by runmcleod »

I ordered mine on 22nd December and got told to expect the car mid February but to collect on the 1st March with the new UK 2012 plate. I haven't heard anything from them so went in today to check and they told me my build week is week 10 and to expect it mid March.
Quite annoyed at this as I go abroad on the 15th March for 8 weeks :grumpy:

It's also possible it could mess up my finance as that was agreed in December 2011 yet I don't collect the car till May 2012.

Do I have ground for a complaint here as the salesman was very misleading.
OldPOP

Post by OldPOP »

Daz85UK wrote:Thanks for the info, not going to pick it up till mid March regardless as I am going on holiday at the end of Feb and I want 12 plate.
A difficult call . . . . should you leave the car with the dealer to "play" with on trade plates - especially if its an R
I think if its going to be there for a while its best to agree a pre delivery "inspection" with the dealer then tell them that the mileage must not change.
Nuclear Fusion
Options: Parking sensors, winter pack, folding mirrors and cruise control

Post by Nuclear Fusion »

Was given option to wait till march for pick up but I've waited long enough and can't wait to get rid of my golf diesel! :p
Daz85UK

Post by Daz85UK »

OldPOP wrote:
Daz85UK wrote:Thanks for the info, not going to pick it up till mid March regardless as I am going on holiday at the end of Feb and I want 12 plate.
A difficult call . . . . should you leave the car with the dealer to "play" with on trade plates - especially if its an R
I think if its going to be there for a while its best to agree a pre delivery "inspection" with the dealer then tell them that the mileage must not change.
Think I will arrange a pre-delivery inspection now you said that, I was worried about them using the car on trade plates.
Could they still use the car and put the mileage back in some way?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Depends how many miles but yes the mileage can be rolled back.

I had a drive of two Sciroccos while assessing which model. Both were destined for named customers, so the drives were limited.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Keithp
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

I ordered my car on the 26th Jan, but when I ask dealer for a build date he said the computer is still saying pending. Does this sound right?
OldPOP

Post by OldPOP »

When I sprung this on the salesman you should of seen his face :grumpy: it was clear they had plans for my car especially as they had more on order that were unsold. They had already tried the “we must road test it” even though the PDI had been completed. I even accepted an empty tank to stop them adding miles.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Keithp wrote:I ordered my car on the 26th Jan, but when I ask dealer for a build date he said the computer is still saying pending. Does this sound right?
No, if they place the order on the VW ordering system direct into the factory, it immediately gives a first pass indication of the provisional build week. That may drift due to other influencing factors as the data becomes better in the factory with suppliers but as soon as its placed in the VW system, a build week indication based on model and options becomes available.

They are starting to play a game at 2 weeks, 1 week is understandable if they a multi-chain dealership and the ordering is centrallised but two says they may be playing with monthly quotas.

Back read this topic 2 years and you will come across it when ordering was outstripping production capacity (ie. quotas) but why now :shrug:. The ships have slowed down suggesting sales are down, so quotas should be better matched to demand.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Daz85UK

Post by Daz85UK »

OldPOP wrote:When I sprung this on the salesman you should of seen his face :grumpy: it was clear they had plans for my car especially as they had more on order that were unsold. They had already tried the “we must road test it” even though the PDI had been completed. I even accepted an empty tank to stop them adding miles.
What exactly did you say to the sales man? I'm getting a bit worried that my car is going to be ragged around while im not there to pick it up.
Keithp
Options: Xenons
DAB
Dynaudio
Leather

Post by Keithp »

RW1 wrote:
Keithp wrote:I ordered my car on the 26th Jan, but when I ask dealer for a build date he said the computer is still saying pending. Does this sound right?
No, if they place the order on the VW ordering system direct into the factory, it immediately gives a first pass indication of the provisional build week. That may drift due to other influencing factors as the data becomes better in the factory with suppliers but as soon as its placed in the VW system, a build week indication based on model and options becomes available.

They are starting to play a game at 2 weeks, 1 week is understandable if they a multi-chain dealership and the ordering is centrallised but two says they may be playing with monthly quotas.

Back read this topic 2 years and you will come across it when ordering was outstripping production capacity (ie. quotas) but why now :shrug:. The ships have slowed down suggesting sales are down, so quotas should be better matched to demand.

C.
I spoke to someone else at the dealership, and he said it is probably pending because VW has to confirm they can sell it for the price the dealer has agreed. He said nothing to worry about??
Daz85UK

Post by Daz85UK »

I got a date as soon as I placed my order, but this was just a computer generated date 3 months in advance
runmcleod
Options: Winter pack
Cruise control
Parking sensors

Post by runmcleod »

Does anyone know if I have any grounds for a complaint on my above query? I had the salesman call me today and offer me another car today instead of the one I ordered however it didn't have the winter pack- something I stressed is essential so naturally I said no. He's going to 'make some calls' and get back to me.
If he wasn't in the wrong he wouldn't be trying to offer me another car that arrives earlier surely?

Is it possible my dealer has held back my order so they can add it to their January sales count?
bennyb
Options: DAB
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Just ordered mine yesterday - first ever new car
Build date is early April

Although now I am worried from reading the above, I haggled so much, got the price lowered by £3000 (one VW garage told me to leave because of my haggling), now some people indicate delays etc - I want my car early April
saleshark
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors

Post by saleshark »

My car was built last week, dealer has told my company the car will be ready for the 1st March! Is this realistic???
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

saleshark wrote:My car was built last week, dealer has told my company the car will be ready for the 1st March! Is this realistic???
Yes, its sailing from Portugal late tonight on the BOUZAS.

In the UK port by 15th Feb + 1 week delivery hopefully to dealer .

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
saleshark

Post by saleshark »

Thanks, fingers crossed then. Can't wait any longer.
Garry74

Post by Garry74 »

Mine could be on the boat as well. Build date week six.
saleshark

Post by saleshark »

Woo Hoo mine has arrived at the dealers and 12 plate registration issued. Only two week now :-)