Settings Menu Via Wiper Stalk

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
paulgjohnston
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: Manual box

Settings Menu Via Wiper Stalk

Post by paulgjohnston »

Many apologies for asking this but I cannot access the convenience menu as I am unable to get the settings menu on the display. It shows average speed, MPG etc and I can toggle through those but the manual says that I am able to access the settings menu from there but I can't - can someone tell me what to do?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Settings Menu Via Wiper Stalk

Post by trix »

Hi Paul

the convenience menu is part of the highline mfd, the manual doesn't explain it very well at all. the highline mfd comes as standard on the 2.0TSi in the UK but to get it on the 1.4TSi you need to order the multifunction steering wheel. if you haven't got this you can't access this menu

S
paulgjohnston
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by paulgjohnston »

Many thanks, not too concerned to be honest just as you say the manual is confusing. A million thanks at least I wasn't too daft!
candyboytsi210
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Now own a C-Class Coupe !!
------
• 210PS
• Panoramic Roof
• Vienna Leathers (Heated)
• 19" VW Savannah Alloys
• Power Folding Mirrors
• Reverse Sensors
• Luxury Scirocco Mats
• Vagcom Refinements
• Bury Bluetooth

Post by candyboytsi210 »

trix wrote:Hi Paul

the convenience menu is part of the highline mfd, the manual doesn't explain it very well at all. the highline mfd comes as standard on the 2.0TSi in the UK but to get it on the 1.4TSi you need to order the multifunction steering wheel. if you haven't got this you can't access this menu

S
False i have a 122ps and i have the convenience menu. :clap:
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

CandyboyTSI122: If you have the highline computer (and therefore convenience menu) then you'll have the multifunction steering wheel I assume, unless you've got an unusual grey import specification.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
candyboytsi210
------
• 210PS
• Panoramic Roof
• 19" VW Savannah Alloys
• Power Folding Mirrors
• Reverse Sensors
• Luxury Scirocco Mats
• Vagcom Refinements
• Bury Bluetooth

Post by candyboytsi210 »

maisbitt wrote:CandyboyTSI122: If you have the highline computer (and therefore convenience menu) then you'll have the multifunction steering wheel I assume, unless you've got an unusual grey import specification.
I think i have the highline computer. My friend who has a 60 Plate same model doesn't have this feature. Steering wheel is the same, I dont have buttons on my steering wheel either. Didn't pick an option for multifunction.
Via the wiper stalk, i press reset/ok and hold down on the side button and i get that menu.
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

CandyBoyTsi122 wrote: I think i have the highline computer. My friend who has a 60 Plate same model doesn't have this feature. Steering wheel is the same, I dont have buttons on my steering wheel either. Didn't pick an option for multifunction.
Via the wiper stalk, i press reset/ok and hold down on the side button and i get that menu.
Have you just discovered some "back-door" way of getting the convenience menu if you don't have a highline computer? Could be handy for all the other non-GTs out there if you have. If yours is newer than your mates 60 reg, maybe it is something they brought in later.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Candyboy you will have A menu you can scroll through showing average mpg, winter Tyre settings, outside temperature, driving time, etc, but you will not (should not) be able to change any settings unless you have the highline computer.
The convienience menu is the one that let's you change various settings (door locking/unlocking etc)
wensleydale
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by wensleydale »

Getting to the Convienience menu from the stalk is possible, I don't have the multifunction steering wheel, but can get to the menu to select MFD, Audio, Phone, Convienience etc by pressing and holding the rocker switch (in either direction) on the right stalk. It's a bit fiddly with only 3 buttons, but you can get basic control over the radio and put the bluetooth in pairing mode.
candyboytsi210
------
• 210PS
• Panoramic Roof
• 19" VW Savannah Alloys
• Power Folding Mirrors
• Reverse Sensors
• Luxury Scirocco Mats
• Vagcom Refinements
• Bury Bluetooth

Post by candyboytsi210 »

i can 100% assure you guys that i have that menu , i can set locking doors, coming home leaving lights, winter tyres, phone, bluetooth, many more, i use to have a GT with multifunction and its the exact same menu that i had back then , yes mines a 61 plate.

i will take a picture and upload asap.
panda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
Options: SatNav, Leather, heated, blutooth

Post by panda »

Perhaps you can also answer a quick question regarding the Multi Function Display as the handbook lists a number of menus including one to change the speed display which is set to KM on mine but which does not appear in the sub menu on the MFD where the book says it should