New car , love it.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
r.gbrown
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: DSG 160 tsi, folding mirrors, rear parking, tints, multi function wheel, front fogs, badge deletion, stainless steel sill covers, red footwell lights, powder coated wheels, stainless steel tail pipes, panoramic roof.

New car , love it.

Post by r.gbrown »

Just got her and in love already. Question though. What are the three buttons for just next to the sun roof button in the roof? I cant see mention of them in the hand book. What they for and how do you operate them? Thanks :D
eire
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: sports pack, 18" alloys,sunroof.

Re: New car , love it.

Post by eire »

i dont hav them on mine do you hav a pic?what id like to know is what is the reset button for in the glove box beside the the turn off for the passenger side airbag??
mgrt09
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black

Post by mgrt09 »

The dealer told me that one was for contacting the dealer via the bluetooth connection. (not sure I believed him and I darn't try it!)
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

The 3 buttons are part of the bluetooth.

Button with spanner calls VW Assistance. Tried it and it does.

Button with "i" calls a VW Info line. Tried it and it does.

I think the 3rd button is for voice commands but never tried.

The buttons are explained in the Bluetooth amendment leaflet that accompanies the manual.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

eire wrote:i dont hav them on mine do you hav a pic?what id like to know is what is the reset button for in the glove box beside the the turn off for the passenger side airbag??
No, its the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) reset switch.

@r.gbrown
For Bluetooth....
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... it=#p88768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
r.gbrown
Options: DSG 160 tsi, folding mirrors, rear parking, tints, multi function wheel, front fogs, badge deletion, stainless steel sill covers, red footwell lights, powder coated wheels, stainless steel tail pipes, panoramic roof.

Post by r.gbrown »

Cuprabob, Thanks, I've found some mention of them as you advised. Haven't tried them and hope dont need to but thanks again for the info. I reckon maybe they are part of the new bluetooth fitting for 2012? I've managed to connect up and use my phone through it using the bottons on the steering wheel. Need to connect my phone every time I get in the car as does not do this automatically for some reason, might be my phone as its a pretty basic model, not one of the all signing and dancing smart ones.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

The roof console bluetooth button have been standard fit when BT was specified since at least MY10. However I understand that specifying RNS310 may delete the buttons due to the internal bluetooth unit not being compatible.

Voice control does via the roof console button does work on mine but I'm not sure if it's a function of the bluetooth unit or only works with RNS510 satnav.

Your phone should connect automatically every time, what handset is it?
r.gbrown

Post by r.gbrown »

b0rk..... handset is a Samsung Monte Slider. I need to conect via my phone every time for some reason. Car is fitted with standard RCD510 unit (no satnav as bit of a rip off)
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

As above, phone should connect automatically everytime. Check on your phone under bluetooth settings that it is "paired" with "VW Phone".
r.gbrown

Post by r.gbrown »

My phone was "hidden" hence not connecting automatically. Now that its "unhidden", all systems are go..........