1st March delivery and I CANT WAIT!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Re: 1st March delivery and I CANT WAIT!

Post by sciroccorocket »

good luck everyone for tomorrow, just 12 hours to go, been to see mine all polished up in the dealers next to the wifes new polo gonna be an argument who collects first lol, i may have to sneak out early
greeper
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Post by greeper »

I hope it all goes well today for you lucky people!!

I get mine in around another week :)

Don't forget to put up some photos :clap:
Mr S
In: Salsa Red

Post by Mr S »

I LOVE my new car!! Was at the dealers for ages (an hour and a half - very thorough and attentive), when they finally let me go! Everything was there, including the i-pod leads and carpet mats with Scirocco stitched on them - and my full tank of fuel. Well, it's not so full now, but I've had to come home and do some work, so I thought I'd do a quick post as well.

The car looks the business, goes like a dream (I'm going to run it in properly, so I haven't pushed it, but it's very willing), handles beautifully, has a great driving position and the touchscreen radio is so cool. Will have to get used to the large a-pillars and tiny back window.

Concerns? It squeaks (I think it's the parcel shelf) and the car was noisy/rattly/rumbly when I left the dealer, but this disappeared when it warmed up. Anyone else noticed this? Will keep an ear out - hoping everything will "bed in," but I have been known to hound dealers over rattles and noises before.

Will post pictures when I get round to taking some. I actually can't wait to drive to work tomorrow!
mrocean
Options: Panoramic sunroof

Post by mrocean »

Got mine too!!!!!!!!! :)

Dealer was very cool...gave me some tasteful flowers...which were shortly in a vase for my mum...

The Dealer mentioned loads about how VW might ring in next week to do a telephone survey...apparently the feedback they get can directly influence the dealerships allocations and therefore their potential to sell more cars...10-15 minutes about being "happy"...was I sure I was happy...really happy or just happy...would be really great if you could mention that...

The deal was half a tank of fuel...it had been a full tank and the deal was almost done...but then I remembered that I wanted the premium mats (list £69) and we split it ...so half tank and front back mats...seamed like fair swap...I dont know if they forgot but I got a full tank anyway...the mats look so cool with Scirocco embroidered down the side in the front...

Been driving a bit today but only done about 50 miles...havent pushed it hard...took it to 5000 revs twice after warm...more out of normal reaction but easy on the peddles...

Touchscreen RCD510 is pretty cool...didnt really fiddle with that during the test drive...was mainly trying to get the driving feel but after playing about with it...its pretty impressive and bound to get the ladies smiling... :)

Other than that I love the feel of the car...it seams soooo fixed the road...and I love the innovation...so I dont have to remember to turn on headlights ever again...oh it does it for me...thats cool... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sciroccorocket

Post by sciroccorocket »

well my collection was trouble free ive not been over 3000 revs and not going to for a while i like to run my cars in , this car is awesome i drove home thru town and the looks you get is amazing people just stop and stare, only thing i dont like is the mpg about 34 my golf diesel was about 55 but then it didnt do 0 to 60 in 7.2 or 146 mph so will have to live with that, i simply love the thing
sciroccorocket

Post by sciroccorocket »

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92 ... owroom.jpg

just b4 collection i know people think its a shitty colour but i like it
mrocean
Options: Panoramic sunroof

Post by mrocean »

sciroccorocket wrote:http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92 ... owroom.jpg

just b4 collection i know people think its a shitty colour but i like it
Is that yours?

As long as it "feels right" for you...who cares what other people think...

Oh and I took mine to 5000 a couple of times but isnt that what "running in" is...allowing the car to find its balence! :)
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

sciroccorocket wrote:well my collection was trouble free ive not been over 3000 revs and not going to for a while i like to run my cars in , this car is awesome i drove home thru town and the looks you get is amazing people just stop and stare, only thing i dont like is the mpg about 34 my golf diesel was about 55 but then it didnt do 0 to 60 in 7.2 or 146 mph so will have to live with that, i simply love the thing
Actually the Opal Silver I do think looks good, that mpg figure 'sciroccorocket' is bound to improve once the engine loosens up a little, I would be surprised if you are not getting 37 mpg soon. I know for me, it will be a huge improvement in mpg, I currently drive a MAzda RX08 which returns only low 20's!
alex

Post by alex »

It's not a shitty colour. It's just that most people, me included, thinks that a coupe should have a more adventurous colour choice. Showing off the lines a bit more.
mjb766
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors

Post by mjb766 »

I pick mine up tomorrow. Leaving work early to get it, then driving out to a pub in the country for dinner and to try it out. Will be weird driving it for the first time in the dark, but then I have ordered it in black...

Can't wait to change "I have ordered" to "I drive" in my profile :clap:
jmn82
Options: Cruise Control, Dynaudio soundpack, Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Premium Mats and Sills

Post by jmn82 »

Got a call this morning at 8am to say my car had been delivered to my work and they guy was waiting for me. As I rounded the corner and saw it sitting there I have to say I felt like a little kid at Christmas! :D

Just need to wait a few weeks now to get some miles on it before my own 'plans' can begin :yummy:
roc_small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've been Revo'd
sciroccorocket

Post by sciroccorocket »

yes the car in the showroom is mine, i had a run today and got 37mpg thank god lol,
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Hey 'sciroccorocket', I seem to remember last night saying that it would not be too long until you got 37mpg!
Did not expect you to that soon though!
scirocco
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

Are you guys actually getting 37 MPG! My trip computer will usually state 35 over a full tank, but when you do the sums its defo a 30/31 MPG car 4000 miles on the clock....
mjb766
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors

Post by mjb766 »

picked mine up last night, and even the driving rain and gale force winds couldn't diminish my enjoyment of it. I live just outside London and take the train in every day, but this car makes me think sitting in rush hour traffic would be worth it.

Switching from a manual to driving a DSG is weird though - it's a brilliant gearbox, but find my hand instinctively reaching down whenever I'm approaching a roundabout! Will have to knowck that off fairly quickly.

Had a slight mishap after pulling out of an unfamiliar side road and ran over a traffic island. Felt a bit of a bump and a little scrape but it drove fine afterwards. had a quick look underneath this morning and nothing seemed to be hanging off or damaged, so hopefully all I've done is used up one of my nine lives...

The only thing I find slightly annoying is using a 40GB ipod classic on the MEDIA-IN - if I'm playing a song and press "selection", instead of going back to the playlist list of songs, as it would on the ipod menu, it brings up the list of all songs. Is this normal, or do I need to change a setting on the ipod / stereo?

But this is only a minor quibble - can't wait for the weekend so I can take it for a proper drive out into the country!