Could this car be used as a family car?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
dewey

Could this car be used as a family car?

Post by dewey »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum - currently driving an 2002 BMW 330d Sport and looking to change to a leased Scirocco (after being hammered by depreciation on the bmw!)

I have an 19month old daughter, I'm looking at leasing a Scirocco as Golf Gti 5 doors are hard to come by from leasing companies (as they've stopped building them apparently due to the new GTI out later in the year) so my question is... could this car be used as a family car, ie would it be tortuous for my wife and I to get my daughter in out of a child's seat in the back? Whats the luggage space like?

I think the answer is probably buy a golf but I'd love a Scirocco.
pimp my roc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Panna,truffle,winter pack

Re: Could this car be used as a family car?

Post by pimp my roc »

No...............rear access and space are really not suitable....Golf Mk 6???
SuperJB
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, "Scirocco" carpet mats, Stainless Steel Pedals and Door Sills

Post by SuperJB »

yeah, the high boot lip would be a major pain in the ass if you wanted to carry lots of stuff on a regular basis or carry pushchairs etc.

However I would have said the rear seat space and access is pretty good, for a three door.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

its more practical than you'd think but ain't 5 door golf practical
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
kianok
In: Deep Black
Options: C 320 CDi

Post by kianok »

[quote="dewey"]Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum - currently driving an 2002 BMW 330d Sport and looking to change to a leased Scirocco (after being hammered by depreciation on the bmw!)
quote]

Welcome to the forum!

I swaped from a 2006 330d m sport to a scirocco and although less practical its not a big problem.

oh and my beemer dropped like a stone too!
DIMIK
Options: Xenons, RCD 510, Park Pilot, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Plus Alarm, Sport Package

Post by DIMIK »

dewey wrote:Hello everyone,

I have an 19month old daughter, I'm looking at leasing a Scirocco as Golf Gti 5 doors are hard to come by from leasing companies (as they've stopped building them apparently due to the new GTI out later in the year) so my question is... could this car be used as a family car, ie would it be tortuous for my wife and I to get my daughter in out of a child's seat in the back? Whats the luggage space like?

I think the answer is probably buy a golf but I'd love a Scirocco.
I am engaged and soon I will marry and have at least a child. With these thoughts in my mind I ordered a Scirocco, because I believe that 2 adults and 2 kids will be allright in this car. Although I made some tests on a test drive car before...

After all I want to have the "young sporty father" look..... :D

Greetings from Greece and sorry for my English. :)
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

I swaped from a 2006 330d m sport to a scirocco...
Mind me asking why...?
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

i had my mrs little brother (3 years old) in the car, its ok geting him in and out, but might be a little bit of a pain with a baby seat in thou
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nicklomvardos
In: Rising Blue
Options: xenons,rear parking sensors,panoramic sunroof,sat nav,foldable door mirrors,dynaudio,electric 12 way seat,leather,mats,metal pedals,door sills,blue tooth,flat tyre indic and auto glym life shine.

Post by nicklomvardos »

i have a 3year old and a 6year old.the seats move forward enough to be able to put their seat belts on.my kids love the car.always asking me "are we going in the irocco?"get one mate.your love it............
Zarger
Options: Leather Seats
Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by Zarger »

I opted for "screw practicality, the wifes car can sort that out"
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

depends how much impracticality you are prepared to put up with, i dont think you will get a modern pushchair into the boot, but with the isofix seats, you just need to move the front forward and unlatch the baby seat, ive taken my nephew ( 1 year old ) in mine, and its not easy, but its not impossible.
kianok
Options: C 320 CDi

Post by kianok »

robrob wrote:
I swaped from a 2006 330d m sport to a scirocco...
Mind me asking why...?[/quote

It was time to change as the mileage wash getting close to 50K Would have bought another but the depreciation put me off (14k loss in 12 months!)

Thought the Scirocco maybe be a good bet as it will remain (fairly) rare for a while.
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

ive got a 12 and 15 year old who cares if they fit . the cars looks stunning end of
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

I have a seven year old and have had no problems so far. One added bonus is the way the seats actually stay put when they are slid fully forward to allow access to the rear seats even when the car is on a slope as my drive is. My previous A3 3 dr was a chuffing pain in this respect. Agree also with a previous comment about these enormous modern pushchairs probably not fitting in the boot.
At the end of the day though if you haven't got the extra room to start with you won't miss it. you just work around it if you want the car enough. :D :D :D
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

sciroccorocket wrote:ive got a 12 and 15 year old who cares if they fit . the cars looks stunning end of
That's nice...
robrob

Post by robrob »

To be honest, even with our 6 months old I don't think I would have gone for it if we didn't have a big 4x4 on our driveway as well (or at least something else a little more practical) but that's just me, and the fact is, the back seats are pretty good for a small coupe (unlike the TT for example) its just the hassle of getting them in and out, that's all.
Roc'n'roll
In: Salsa Red
Options: Leather, parking sensors

Post by Roc'n'roll »

I have 2 boys, aged 3 and 6, and the practicality of the Roc is fine with regard to access and, up to a point, boot space. The doors open good and wide, the seats slide easily, and the boot can take quite a bit of kiddy-related paraphernalia.
The one problem I have found, however, is that even though the boys are in booster seats they find the rear has poor outward visibility and feels claustrophobic. Cue car sickness, especially if I'm driving enthusiastically. Not pleasant.
Also, there's no room for my greyhound. :dog: