RNS 510 versus RCD 510

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
nicksingh
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

RNS 510 versus RCD 510

Post by nicksingh »

Hi Guys,

I've had the rocco two days now and I'm in love.. I love the drive and attention im getting.. superb!

A few things im looking to do within budget over the next few weeks are ..

1.) Powder coat alloys to anthracite (dark grey)...
2.) Install my Subwoofer system
3.) Upgrade to the RNS 510 from the RCD 510 (default i got with the car)

This leads to the question of the difference between the two.. im aware that the RNS has satnav, but what other differences are there.. im really wishing to get bluetooth installed so i got handsfree set, does the RNS have bluetooth also?.. the ones on ebay going for around 500, are they going to be compatible, or are there specific models I need? Are theyre cheaper alternatives but give you same functionality?..

I want to be able to set my personal phonebook speed dials via the touchscreen,this possible.. if you guys could get back to me, that be great.. im still new and love to bits and bobs to it to get max out of it.

Cheers in advance ;)
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: RNS 510 versus RCD 510

Post by Shaun »

Thr RNS does not have BT as standard
goatboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
Options: Leather!

Post by goatboy »

Couldn't quite tell from your post but are you installing the RNS because you want bluetooth or because you really want Nav?
The RCD can have a bluetooth module added and do all the phone book, speed dial, etc that you are after too.
I'm not 100% but I don't think the RNS has any additional functionality over the RCD apart from Satnav (but I don't know for sure)
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

the only difference ive noticed is you get Nav and Voice control
goatboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
Options: Leather!

Post by goatboy »

thinking about it doesn't the RNS have a hardrive?
GiannisA
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

sciroccorocket wrote:the only difference ive noticed is you get Nav and Voice control
... + Hard Disk + DVD player
You can read a comparison between them here http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/r ... PS-FAQ.htm