DSG Went All Weird...!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
thehippo
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, multi-function wheel, DAB radio, bi-xenons and rear parking sensors

DSG Went All Weird...!!!

Post by thehippo »

I was driving home tonight with the DSG gearbox in "Drive" when all of a sudden the revs shot up and the gear selection indicator on the dash started flashing and showing an intermittant "spanner" symbol. The gear seemed to be stuck in 7th, so I tried to put it into manual. As I tried to slow down and pull over into a side road the car changed gears randomly, with the revs dropping to near zero and then jumping up - making the car kangaroo along the road.

Once I managed to pull over I switched the ignition off then on again. This seemed to fix the problem - but I'm really worried about what it might be and whether it's likely to happen again.

Does anyone have an idea about what may have gone wrong?

Thanks
langley182
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White

DSG Went All Weird...!!!

Post by langley182 »

Had this on six speed dsg.

Cruising at a steady 60, suddenly Dropped thru all the gears down to 2nd. Revs went sky high.
Mechatronics fault or over temp sensor fault. Take it to dealer and describe what happened.
New mechatronics or sensor.
thehippo
In: Night Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, multi-function wheel, DAB radio, bi-xenons and rear parking sensors

Re: DSG Went All Weird...!!!

Post by thehippo »

Thanks for the info. Did you find that it got progressively worse - it's only happened that one time so far.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the mechatronics?
RW1
Legend
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: DSG Went All Weird...!!!

Post by RW1 »

thehippo wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what's the mechatronics?
The electronics in below the gear shift inside the unit.

The Scirocco needs to go to the dealers. The fault will be in the memory because the "spanner" symbol illuminated. The problem can be several things from the mechatronics to the clutch pack on the 7 spd DSG. What you have observed is the standard way the DSG signals it has a problem and needs attention at the dealers.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!